• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be boring though.

Feeling salty about the outcome of this championship makes me feel alive.

That's my point, it would be boring without the personalities that tend to excel at sports. It seems that's what people want though, robotic competitors that don't try everything in their power to win. The tactics and attitudes you only get with high functioning human emotions is what makes sport so fascinating.

Just look at the shit that went on in the 80's, it's a blessing the internet forum didn't exist back then.

Think about the mentality of a Nico Rosberg fan. You're not in it for the thrill of the race, you're not in it for the talent or the ingenuity. You don't care what happens for fifty five laps, you care about the name on the trophy.

What if you're just supporting Rosberg because Hamilton fans are such unbearable shitstains?

hamchan

LOL at people acting like this wasn't a dick move.
If Rosberg did this people would be asking for his execution.

I'll just say that anyone who does think it was a dick move is an idiot. Of course Hamilton should do whatever it takes within the rules to win the championship. His team had already clinched the constructors championship ages ago, so why wouldn't he race for himself. Rosberg would do it and every other racer on the grid would do. You'd have to be a huge fucking idiot to not do it.

Hasney

They arent, they're gagging for a justification to hate on Hamilton. Been pretty standard fare since 2007 that.

I'd see it from the other side and say that if they can't see how Mercedes getting a good 1-2 is better for the team, their sponsors and their corporate interests and are complaining that the order was given are just blinded as a Hamilton fan.

Mohonky

How shitty would it be if they take it off nico on a technicality of some sorts

Kinda wanna see it happen to see how Hamilton would react

They won't. Not for that. If it was a random race in the season? Maybe. But the final race and a title decider! Lol no way.

Hasney

What are you dense? They're supposed to be the same car and 1 had reliability issues and the other didn't. That's a fact, not sure what you're going on about.

"SUPPOSEDLY identical". Sounds like you're suggesting sabotage just like has been suggested so many times before in the past 3 seasons when things haven't gone Hamiltons way.

I'd see it from the other side and say that if they can't see how Mercedes getting a good 1-2 is better for the team, their sponsors and their corporate interests and are complaining that the order was given are just blinded as a Hamilton fan.

Hamilton winning the WDC is probably more favourable money wise than a 1-2.

Sec0nd

Though I was secretly hoping that Vettel would do something crazy in the end and maybe drive bump Rosberg, I'm happy that Rosberg won.

These two guys though, geez. Man, they are the most boring sportsmen alive. Either be fiercely competitive with each other and let it show, or just be friends. These boring pr-friendly talks after each match, like Lewis just did again, are just such a bore. No matter what question they are asked, the answer is always "I want to thank the crowd, I want to thank the team and congratulate the other drivers. Loved to be here, bye!"

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Next year, VES wc...

That is quite possible, because RBR is putting a lot of effort into 2017 car.

On the other side it will be interesting how will Ferrari get their car together after one of the worst seasons with all personnel issues looming in Maranello.

Rodelero

What if you're just supporting Rosberg because Hamilton fans are such unbearable shitstains?

It doesn't seem very reasonable to hate on a driver because you dislike his fans. I have never seen a successful sportsman, woman, or team that didn't have hordes of ghastly fans, but you have to support someone, right? Hell, I support a football team but find football fans to be the worst type of fan in the world.

I'm (clearly) not a big fan of Rosberg, but that is because of Rosberg, not because of his fans.

Sane_Man

That's my point, it would be boring without the personalities that tend to excel at sports. It seems that's what people want though, robotic competitors that don't try everything in their power to win. The tactics and attitudes you only get with high functioning human emotions is what makes sport so fascinating.

Just look at the shit that went on in the 80's, it's a blessing the internet forum didn't exist back then.

Why does criticising someone mean we don't want them in the sport? It's all part of the entertainment. You're missing the obvious.

Unconfirmed Member
The Hamilton vs Rosberg rivalry has been one of the dullest periods in the sport. Hopefully the new regulations allow more drivers to challenge for race victories and Liberty Media move the sport back towards creating a good product for the fans.

The last few years of F1 have been completely forgettable. Even Vettel's championships at least had a couple of good years when Alonso had a competitive car.

Mohonky

Are you serious?

What do I do?

I could try for the WDC, I mean I could, but how will the investors back home feel? I should consider how they'll feel......get your fucking hand off it lol. Talk about things a WDC contender never once bothered to think about.

imagine if Hamilton had successfully pushed Rosberg back? The team members would probably have had nothing but bread and water to celebrate over Christmas :(

Hasney

Hamilton winning the WDC is probably more favourable money wise than a 1-2.

I doubt it when the ones paying the bills are the names slapped on the side and pay out bonuses based on performance. Sure, they'd get some kickback from Hamiltons advertising and that and maybe the brand would be better in the UK, but for the racing teams financials, 1-2s are the best thing.

Are you serious?

What do I do?

I could try for the WDC, I mean I could, but how will the investors back home feel? I should consider how they'll feel......get your fucking hand off it lol. Talk about things a WDC contender never once bothered to think about.

imagine if Hamilton had successfully pushed Rosberg back? The team members would probably have had nothing but bread and water to celebrate over Christmas :(

Nah, I'm not blaming Hamilton for not doing it, I would do it too. I meant that Mercedes were perfectly resonable in requesting it. It's not bread and water, but if you're a business, the bottom line is success as much as winning the constructos is. It's not the team going hungry, it's getting another nice figure on that balance sheet.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I've got a friend who loves Ferrari (not sure why - she's neither Italian nor owns a Ferrari) who is extatic that Hamilton hasn't won.

I upset her a bit by pointing out how pathetic the situation was that you have to resort to be being pleased at the failure of another driver because the team you support is so bad lol.

I always get sad after the last race each year, season over, no more F1 for the next 4 months. Happy for Nico even though I would have loved to see Hamilton win, reasons like this race are why I've become a huge fan of his. l Just hope next year Red Bull are also in the championship hunt, love to see MAX and RIC fighting for wins. Anyway, seasons over, looking forward to next year with all the new rules and regulation changes.

I'll just say that anyone who does think it was a dick move is an idiot. Of course Hamilton should do whatever it takes within the rules to win the championship. His team had already clinched the constructors championship ages ago, so why wouldn't he race for himself. Rosberg would do it and every other racer on the grid would do. You'd have to be a huge fucking idiot to not do it.

Because you think everyone would do doesn't make it right.

dakun

I can appreciate that Rosberg won the WDC after the shitty years with Mercedes in the first 3 years. It's nice that he drove it home after 7 years in the team.

Fox Mulder

That is quite possible, because RBR is putting a lot of effort into 2017 car.

On the other side it will be interesting how will Ferrari get their car together after one of the worst seasons with all personnel issues looming in Maranello.

I'll be surprised if Ferrari can surpass merc and redbull chassis under the new aero regulations.

Lach

Damn I love Susie talking about whats gping on in the Wolff household/bedroom

toto having had a few sleepless nights lately

I doubt it when the ones paying the bills are the names slapped on the side and pay out bonuses based on performance. Sure, they'd get some kickback from Hamiltons advertising and that and maybe the brand would be better in the UK, but for the racing teams financials, 1-2s are the best thing.

Hamilton is a global mega-star, nothing to do with being centred in the UK. Also having a concurrent 3x champ in your team has a lot more Gravitas than Nico's achievement.

DBT85

This. This is easily the worst thread on GAF. There are just so may blowhards who take it all so personally.

It's a sport FFS!

I get passion, I get trying to make a point, but I don't think I've ever insulted anyone over it.

We've become FootyGAF.

Truly pathetic to watch the Sky commentators trying to influence the Merc leadership in Lewis favour. And it's not even Kravitz, who I assume is too heartbroken to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom