• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you been waiting for the Pro or are you upgrading?

Waiting or Upgrading?

• I've been waiting for a Pro exclusively

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • I'm upgrading to a Pro from my regular PS5

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • I'm skipping the Pro, sticking with my regular PS5

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • I'm buying a Pro and keeping my regular PS5

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

squallheart

It's kind of iffy for me I feel as if sony just doesn't know what they are doing anymore and the games they are pushing don't cater to me. It doesn't seem nothing coming soon would benefit from the pro. The only reason I'd upgrade is my ps5 started making this weird drive sound so that pushes me to trade in lol.

Crayon

Not sure if I'm going to get it but I am more swayed than I was with the ps4 pro. I knew I was not interested in that and never even thought about getting one. This sounds more interesting. Still have to wait and see what it can really do, though.

Dr. Suchong

When my Ps5 dies, I'll buy the Pro to replace it.
Hope it looks better than the Slim.
The Slim looks cheap and awful on every level.

I'm still undecided.

I bought the PS4 Pro because of Boost Mode, 1080p Downsampling while I still had a 1080p TV, and 4k when I eventually got a 4k TV.

I still don't know what benefits the PS5 Pro is going to provide me. Taking a game that runs 1440p/30fps to 4k/30fps isn't good enough for me.

I need increased framerates. Not increased resolution. Not ray tracing. Not lumen.

Last edited:

Nelly_Nel_7.1.3

Neo Member
I would wait until the PS5 Pro deployment.

If your patience runs out between now and then, you can go on a month-to-month basis with waiting.

Once that happens, you might be able to get a sweet deal on a Pro in 2026. :D

Have you been waiting out a PS5 Pro or are you simply trading in and upgrading?
I been waiting to get a PS5 since the release during the Covid pandemic, but the scalpers messed that up for me. So I waited out the Covid pandemic and the scalpers sell out, or couldn’t out their units.

When the PS5 finally start rolling out with more units I didn’t buy it because I was already moving on from getting the original PS5. I bought a Steam Deck waited a year for mine deck to arrive to place. I played the Steam Deck for that year, and I was hearing talks about a rumor PS5 Slim coming out a year after.

So I was like I’m getting the PS5 Slim. I was still enjoying my deck and hearing and reading about a Switch 2 rumor releasing in 2024 before it was delayed till early 2025, and rumor being reveal March-June of 2024.

When the PS5 Slim was released I hesitated on buy it because the rumors talks about Sony releasing a PS5 Pro in 2024 with GTA6! GTA6 is now delayed to late 2025 I was like well I waited 4 year not owning a PS5 I could wait and just buy the more powerful PS5 console, and that is the PS5 Pro.

I’m so excited because as soon as the PS5 Pro is reveal I don’t care where I’m at I’m leaving that place to go preorder the PS5 Pro at my local GameStop (and the Switch 2)! If the rumor PS5 Pro comes with 2TB with a disk for $700 I’m definitely getting that model. I will be happy to retire my og PS4. I been playing games on my og PS4 since it was released.

Last edited:

Roberts

I was contemplating buying it after not having a Sony console for a few years but Ps exclusive line-up has been underwhelming or plain dull lately and I don’t want to buy a console just so I can get a few kicks out of playing Helldivers 2. I will wait until the end of this gen when potentially interesting stuff drops like the new Cory game but until then, hell no.

Last edited:

mystech

It will depend how big the differences are in gameplay. I certainly enjoy my fair share of Digital Foundry videos but when I’m playing a game… I'm playing, not pixel peeping. The majorly of PS4 Pro games definitely looked better than base PS4 but in normal gameplay - sitting a normal distance from the screen, the differences were less apparent.

The PS5 Pro with its rumored AI upscaling could make a bigger and more noticeable difference.

Skyfox

I’m waiting for Sony to refund my ps5 which was the most pointless generation ever. It’s not much better than a ps4 pro. FFVIIR2 barely runs in 4K, exclusives like Virtua fighter run at like 720p, like what was the point in me spending all my dough to get PS5 day one?

Zero value

Hohenheim

I sold my regular PS5 after FF7 reborn earlier this year, and will get the new version when there's a game coming that I really want, that won't be PC day 1. I suppose Death Stranding 2 will be that game for me.

I'm waiting. I got no money to waste with worse models.
Patience paid off with PS4, here's mine...

xZooQuQ.jpeg

Ok, it's not the 500 Million one but still nice! :cool:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I sold my PS5 with four games (that I now have on PC) for 400 euro yesterday. Before I sold it, I resubscribed to PS+ so I have all my saves backed. I'm ready for the upgrade.

Jesb

I skipped on this gen, so a ps5 pro would be nice but gfn has been more than enough for me. I’m not really sure why I’d get a console when there’s always something to play.

Top Bottom