• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

TMWNN35

Little dissapointed by the Rover and the 650s since they are so similar to existing cars but I'll live I guess.

I'd give my left nut for a Subaru Forester Sti

d4C5rxJ.jpg

Such a beautiful car. Star of the pack by far, if I didn't have the car pass I'd have gotten it just for this.

Such a beautiful car. Star of the pack by far, if I didn't have the car pass I'd have gotten it just for this.

.... that's gorgeous *_____*

Crude Diatribe, haha I will try! But I crashed last night and slept straight through from after work to the morning.... Body paying off that 2 hours sleep from the previous night :x But I will try :D

YAY I got my free Lotus last night :D

^_______^

so so so pleased

oh btw, i just downloaded the songs off spotify and this morning i drove to work with forza music and i cant quite describe how awesome i felt because these tunes ARE THE AWESOME \ o /

I just started Forza Horizon 2 and thought I was tripping balls.

The Eric Prydz song at the very start? When playing Horizon 1 on 360 I used the custom soundtrack feature and was listening to an Eric Prydz mix (Ultra 2014 I think) at the time and that song was in it.

Then I start up Horizon 2 and hear the same song. Complete coincidence but god damnvif it didn't weird me out haha

Oh I mean the entire collection of Forza Horizon 2 playlist on Spotify :>

The theme song at the beginning came to play just when I was about to arrive to work yesterday, it. was. such. awwwwwwwyaaaaaasssssssssss. feelz.

... the song is "Nocturne" by Keeno, I think? :x

sorry, not sure, cuz was driving and couldnt check the screen properly cuz wants to arrive safely haha

Anyway, it was awesome *_____*

I completed all the roads last night \ o / And I got 2 new cars into my growing lil garage :> The Subaru tracktoy one and a Mercedez Benz.

this game is ruining my sleep cycle :x

zorbsie

Want to do a Sunday road trip but my kids are taking me out for a birthday lunch. Not sure I'll be back in time for 2pm. Anyone up for a 3:30-4:00pm start time?

Last week I got a new 500GB 360 E model at the MS Store for $200 and got FH2 360 free with it!

It's kewl, but you can tell it's the "afterthought" version. I really like that Sumo was given the keys to the 360 version, sort of like how Sony grabbed them for Little Big Planet 3.

Shadows are kinda funky and when I'm riding around trying to get points in the wide open spaces, sometimes you clip through like a 2 foot hill or something. :p

Overall it's fun and I'll get back into it soon, I also just grabbed Zoo Tycoon 360 for $10 and FF13 for $8 a week ago as well, not a bad start and with the XBL Gold trial getting me Red Faction Guerrilla just in time (literally minutes from its removal!).

Wasn't able to get Chariot but I got Volgarr (which is still up anyway), even though it said I could've gotten Chariot, so after a chat with support I got a free month added!

Now I just need to take care of this issue where I bought two Gold cards for $40 each but got taxed on them, and the store with the sale (well one of them, think there was one other) just had to tax me when other stores say they don't.

So I have to call the head office. MS Support couldn't do anything. :/

It's $10, but it REALLY annoys me. :(

zorbsie

Looks like slim pickings for today's races, but I'll set up a lobby shortly.

Edit: Thanks to SkinnerSw33t for showing up. We go a buddy of mine in on the racing action and took to the public lobby. Still had a total blast doing road trips. And even with starts like this, I did finally get the 50 team wins achievement today.

Now who wants to grind out the 100 playground games cheevo with me?

Did someone say ForzaGAF Drunk Racing???

Looks like slim pickings for today's races, but I'll set up a lobby shortly.

Edit: Thanks to SkinnerSw33t for showing up. We go a buddy of mine in on the racing action and took to the public lobby. Still had a total blast doing road trips. And even with starts like this, I did finally get the 50 team wins achievement today.

Now who wants to grind out the 100 playground games cheevo with me?

Damn, I didn't see the message until now. I forgot I turned off notifications a bit ago. Sorry I didn't make it.

Had a blast, and we met some characters.

Pitbull, who dropped some f- and c-bombs before he started yelling at his console: "Xbox, launch!"

Another guy, who complained about C class being too slow and then proceeded to drive off the road. :)

That Jalpa in C class is nice. That one guy was killing in it. I've been struggling to find a car/setup I like for that class online, so might go with that some. I do like the Stratos for off-road, but I get killed in street races.

My GOLD sub ran out. It was free for a month :<

grats on achievement zorbz <3

This is a good time of year to re-up. There's been several chances this past week to get 12 months for ~$35. CDKeys currently has 12 for ~$40 and 13 for ~$42.

TMWNN35

Two races in a row today I was pushed through solid walls by other players :(

One time it was to an area with no collision so I spent the whole race falling through the world over and over as I tried to find my way out of it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally picked up an XBO and this game.

Enjoying what I am playing so far and the Drivatars aren't that bad, for me anyway.

I haven't renewed my XBL Gold in a while but could I possibly get an invite to the club? My tag is jello44.

DeFrank

Just started work on a the Forza Horizon reddit page CSS (LTTP I know, I just started getting into the game and they are looking for mods).

Was wondering if anyone wanted to submit some snapshots for the header image.

If you want yours to be included head to this thread and post your image.

vesvci

Banned
I gotta say, I am thoroughly enjoying FH2. I had some expectations for the game, but it is insanely fun. Been playing it since I got it from the MS store a couple days back. Fun, fun game.

TMWNN35

I had a bit of a funny experience yesterday, was keen to play Horizon but couldn't face the lengthy wait for my save to sync up so I loaded up FM5 instead for a quick motoring fix.

I never really loved FM5 when it was new, I found the complete focus on racetracks a bit bland and hated how the game would automatically upgrade my cars for me rather than letting me do it myself. It also loads everything super slow. It felt rushed for the XB1 release honestly. The whole token real money currency thing they tried is also a really crap addition and I'm so glad it was left out of FH2, I hope they do the same for FM6.

But coming back to it after 150 hours of FH2 I have to say I was enjoying its more nuanced handling model and crisp 60fps, I also think it sounds better for many cars than FH2, particularly the Ferrari's. I also love the autovista (would love it even more if every car could have its engine cover opened). I also love its massive encompassing vehicle roster.

It kind of makes me lust for a version of Forza that is focused on point to point road courses, hillclimbs and time trials using the FM5 physics model. I'd also love to see traction control moved from the options menu to something switchable in car but only for vehicles where it is actually switchable in real life.

There's a 1976 MkI Ford Fiesta in the trailer, I assume that's the barn find.

Since I've posted it on other forums, here's the car list I know so far.

- 1985 MG Metro 6R4 Group B
- 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
- Mini All4 X-Raid
- 1987 Audi Quattro S2 (likely just aero parts for the existing Quattro)
- 2013 Robby Gordon #7 Speed Energy Drink Stadium Super Truck
- Ford Ranger trophy truck
- 1976 Ford Fiesta

Megasoum

Banned
There's a 1976 MkI Ford Fiesta in the trailer, I assume that's the barn find.

Since I've posted it on other forums, here's the car list I know so far.

- 1985 MG Metro 6R4 Group B
- 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
- 2013 Mini Countryman Dakar/Raid?
- 1987 Audi Quattro S2 (likely just aero parts for the existing Quattro)
- Unknown "TRX-grilled" trophy truck
- Unknown Ford trophy truck
(Not good with trucks, anyone else know them?)
- 1976 Ford Fiesta

He's driving a "2013 Robby Gordon #7 Speed Energy Drink Stadium Super Truck" in that video http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/12/15/forza-horizon-2-extreme-racing-around-storm-island

zorbsie

OH SHIT! That's awesome news. Dat VIP discount! Totally sold on this expansion. Just as I was getting near the end of all the championships. Hype! Is there new achievements? Not that I care about them or anything...

HOLY SHIT!! Everything about this is amazing. The car list is fuckin incredible, extreme weather sounds awesome and I always want more Bucket Lists!

Still really shocked they are just throwing this out without any fanfare or lead up. I am hoping that it isn't because of a lack of confidence because it sounds awesome.

Edit: Watching the stuff now, but is this a whole new area? Is it separate or connected to the original map?

HOLY SHIT!! Everything about this is amazing. The car list is fuckin incredible, extreme weather sounds awesome and I always want more Bucket Lists!

Still really shocked they are just throwing this out without any fanfare or lead up. I am hoping that it isn't because of a lack of confidence because it sounds awesome.

Edit: Watching the stuff now, but is this a whole new area? Is it separate or connected to the original map?

Seperate new area, it's not connected, but unlike Horizon 1's map expansion, you can freeroam on it. You access it from the Nice marina according to one of the devs.

Top Bottom