• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

RawNuts

Can I get my cars and designs from forza 4 on here? I dont have forza 4 but have horizon and if I cant Im just send this back and get forza 4 again. Thanks guys.
If you had unlocked, saved vinyl groups from Forza 4, you can import them into Horizon and use them in the same manner; it won't import entire car designs though.

eggwolio

Got my Microsoft wheel today. After some disassembly and a thorough cleaning of the contacts forthe dpad and buttons, she works like a dream. It's my first force feedback wheel ever, and it's proving to have quite the learning curve. Any pointers for wheel optimization? Any tips for someone making the adjustment? I'm excited to pick up the really pack next week and hopefully I'll have adjusted more by then.

Stick with the default settings, get a squash ball under the brake pedal to add some resistance and learn when to fight the wheel's force feedback or when to go with it.

You mean besides the fact it uses the demo icon...

If you rarely (if ever) browse the web marketplace, it's kind of hard to know that icon means a demo. I mean, I get that it means that now, but I didn't even notice it before. I also thought demos used to be be pretty clearly marketed in the title. Oh well, my mistake. Carry on...

My Fanatec CSL seat came on Thursday. I knew it was all coming in one small 40lb box. I saw on YouTube a guy did a live build of his and it took him 2.5hrs, lol what a tool I thought. But by the beard of Zeus it was a box of infinite screws and random aluminum polls. The directions were basically just pictures and they were at an odd perspective so it was kind of hard to judge if the longer part was the top or the bottom in some pictures. I at one point was on a path to becoming an architect so my spatial awareness is pretty good but damn if it didn't take me 3 hrs to build it.

All said and done its kind of awesome, very sturdy, but I have 2 problems.

1 the cable for my shifter is not long enough to reach the wheel from where they have you mount it.

2 how in the hell do you mount the original clubsport pedals? There are no holes on the bottom.

Figured I'd clog the thread up a bit with some pics I took and edited.

13esm.jpg
9esm.jpg

4esm.jpg
3esm.jpg

2esm.jpg
1esm.jpg

7esm.jpg

10esm.jpg

5esm.jpg

12esm.jpg

11esm.jpg

8esm.jpg

15esm.jpg

14esm.jpg

Shaneus

What pack did the Diablo SV come in? Has that even been in a Forza before?

Actually, on that note... is there a list of cars that make their first Forza appearance in Horizon? Only one that jumps out at me is the FT86/BRZ/whatever.

What pack did the Diablo SV come in? Has that even been in a Forza before?

Actually, on that note... is there a list of cars that make their first Forza appearance in Horizon? Only one that jumps out at me is the FT86/BRZ/whatever.

Since Forza 2, its been in the disc since then, never a DLC. The Diablo GT was there too but its missing in Forza Horizon, pretty sure its going to be on DLC soon. Forza Horizon doesnt many new cars, probably 15 at most, Audi R8 GT, old Mini, Fiat 500, Delta S4, Aventador J, Scion FR-S, etc.

By the way, the leaderboards are around 1 million now!!! that probably means the sale are around that too which is very good, i can see this game reaching 1.5 or 2 millions, at this point I´d say a sequel is pretty much secured.

And by the way, i got the rally expansion for 10 usd, at that price is really a great expansion, very fun, reminds me a lot of Dirt, but with less smaller roads, still very fun, rally racing is very refreshing, i hope Forza 5 have it too.

Ps: I love those Diablo SV pictures!!! its my second favorite car ever!

Shaneus

Since Forza 2, its been in the disc since then, never a DLC. The Diablo GT was there too but its missing in Forza Horizon, pretty sure its going to be on DLC soon. Forza Horizon doesnt many new cars, probably 15 at most, Audi R8 GT, old Mini, Fiat 500, Delta S4, Aventador J, Scion FR-S, etc.
Yeah, now you mention it, I actually recall seeing it in the Forza showroom in FM2. I guess I just never bought it... probably too expensive.

I think the Celica ST185 might be a new one as well?

BADNED

Here for your viewing pleasure a list of all cars that made their Forza debut in Horizon to this date. NOTE: The Honda's are coming next week with the free Honda Pack.

1968 Abarth 595 SS
2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
2011 Audi R8 GT Coupe
2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
2012 Bentley Continental GT
2010 BMW M3 GTS
2013 BMW M6 Coupe
2012 BMW Z4 sDrive28i
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2010 Chevrolet Corvette GrandSport Convertible
2011 Citroën DS3 Racing
2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X
2012 Eagle Speedster
2011 Ferrari 458 Spider
2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
2006 Ford GTX1
2010 Ford Focus RS500
2013 Ford Shelby GT500
2012 Gumpert apollo Enraged
1986 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2012 Honda HPD B-Spec Rally Fit
2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2009 Koenigsegg CCXR Edition
2009 Lamborghini Reventón Roadster
2012 Lamborghini Aventador J
2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante
1986 Lancia Delta S4 Stradale
2012 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition
2011 Lotus Evora S
2012 Lotus Exige S
2012 Mercedes-Benz S 65 AMG
1965 MINI Cooper S
2011 MINI Cooper S
2012 MINI John Cooper Works Coupe
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (R35)
2012 Shelby 1000
1967 Volkswagen 1500 "Beetle"

eggwolio

Ponied up for the Season Pass last night(thanks to half price spacebucks via ExpertZone(a training program for retail workers who sell Microsoft stuff)) and sat down and tried the first segment of Rally tracks this afternoon. Holy crap. I'm hoping it's because I'm still new to the wheel concept, but I was squarely in 50th place throughout all four events. It's an awesome addition, and nice to see so much variety in eac race, but as everyone has said previously, it is hard as a mofo. Looking forward to playing some more after work.

HeliosT10

Ponied up for the Season Pass last night(thanks to half price spacebucks via ExpertZone(a training program for retail workers who sell Microsoft stuff)) and sat down and tried the first segment of Rally tracks this afternoon. Holy crap. I'm hoping it's because I'm still new to the wheel concept, but I was squarely in 50th place throughout all four events. It's an awesome addition, and nice to see so much variety in eac race, but as everyone has said previously, it is hard as a mofo. Looking forward to playing some more after work.

Try and carry as much speed through the corners as you can, and bear in mind that quite a few of the corners can be cut which can reduce your time dramatically.

If you're using the handbrake quite often as well, then don't. I find I only really need to use it on the tightest hairpins, if at all.

Oh, and if you're using automatic gears switching to manual can also really help.

If there's any Forza Horizon devs in this thread, please can you patch the game to have a HUD opacity option? The speed and race position HUD elements are mullering my plasma. 48 hours later and the IR still hasn't fully shifted :-(

So far Forza Horizon is the only game that I've had IR problems with.

eggwolio

If there's any Forza Horizon devs in this thread, please can you patch the game to have a HUD opacity option? The speed and race position HUD elements are mullering my plasma. 48 hours later and the IR still hasn't fully shifted :-(

So far Forza Horizon is the only game that I've had IR problems with.

At first I felt like I was dumb because I had no idea that plasmas used any sort of infrared technology inside. Then I realized that I'm actually dumb because you mean image retention and not infrared.

fader

So I got Forza Motorsport 4, came free with my xbox, and I recently started playing it cause it just sat on mah desk for months without playing. Started playing it and its so great! Is this one a swift update of the fourth?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I got Forza Motorsport 4, came free with my xbox, and I recently started playing it cause it just sat on mah desk for months without playing. Started playing it and its so great! Is this one a swift update of the fourth?

I haven't played Forza 4 but this is very different from what I understand: Horizon is a fully open world where you can drive around the city to go to the various races, whereas Forza 4 you simply select tracks from a menu.

BADNED

Not that long anymore until the free Honda Challenge Car Pack hits Xbox Live.

1986 Civic Si Coupe
bO8al.jpg

2012 HPD B-Spec Rally Fit
CvmJI.jpg

2013 Civic Si Coupe
pUNtO.jpg

Top Bottom