• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Gynoug79

if Turn 10 would only give us an RWD hopper but for some reason they think it wont be popular.... and if i could only race the Nordschleife in non R Class cars in the hopper system i might get interrested with the hopper system again ! There are tons of other suggestions in the official forums which would do the trick aswell but we dont get any of these either ! Matchmaking just gives not enough variety in a racing game, its good as a quick race option but whithout new game types/restrictions/tracksets it gets downright boring !

More BS from back when they could change hoppers on the fly, seems like they can't because they do nothing to help balance or what people ask for. It's like the lead online designer is in denial.

If they want to pull their finger out for F4's online stuff they need to spend more then 5 minutes on the P.I

And you know what, there is two ways to fix online to at least get it at a stable balance where more then 1-2 dominant cars rule, and that's to either:

1) Make an ALL drive lobby and another for RWD or at least no AWD's allowed.
2) Make an AWD swap have a bigger P.I penalty, nothing drastic but right now they beat RWD at 99% just because they are dominant, AWD might be uber in real life but then most racing leagues have rules, and it's so broken here an AWD swap should add some P.I, not remove it!

Too many hoppers overall? that's because we have every R class under circuit. If they did have the power to change hoppers without a title update they could easily make it so every day the R class hopper changes between 3-2-1 and repeat, like a different R challenge every day.

Same could be said for F-E class, make it change every 12 hours, dislike waiting a day to race your slow FWD car? make a private game with friends until the next day or something it's why they are there.

Also while on the subject of online racing more needs to be done about shortcuts, slowdown and quicksand is good but there is still multiple areas where you can go wide, cut early or even use a slip road to get an advantage online, it might not give you a clean lap but online I seen people abuse the S bend at Road Atlanta, turning early at the last S bend on Susuka, going wide without a problem at the sharp hairpin at Sebring in an AWD (such bs) and all they have to do is add a few tyres in a pile to stop people cutting them.

*edit* have tournaments been added yet like in F2? those were great, online competition by hotlaps and a CR reward to the final 100, 50 and top 10 etc. Why were they cut???

Che and Turn 10 have promised a lot.

Che said that eventually it would be possible to make private races public.

Tournaments will make it into the game eventually.

VIP status can eventually be achieved by participating in/winning sponsored races.

Eventually.... Right.

Also. In the end I'm not interested in who has the best tune when it comes to online racing. I am interested in who is the best driver. Turn 10 should put some hoppers in with cup races. This means a normal track rotation, but with only one type of car and PI per race. This way you can get very close races without anyone having the advantage of a better setup. Besides that, it's just hella fun having a grid full of 8 Abarths competing for first place. Does Turn 10 have someone with both autority and vision to implement this? I doubt it.

I had a problem de-tuning for stock races. I tried entering the stock Murcielago LP640 and I was told wrong category etc and then gave me the option of changing the parts, which I did. But after that it still wouldn't let me enter. I found out the custom Rims were still on. I took them off manually and bingo, I could enter. But why weren't they removed before?

PjotrStroganov said:
Also. In the end I'm not interested in who has the best tune when it comes to online racing. I am interested in who is the best driver. Turn 10 should put some hoppers in with cup races. This means a normal track rotation, but with only one type of car and PI per race. This way you can get very close races without anyone having the advantage of a better setup. Besides that, it's just hella fun having a grid full of 8 Abarths competing for first place. Does Turn 10 have someone with both autority and vision to implement this? I doubt it.

Yes, this is my problem exactly with Forza 3. The only part of Forza 3 that is aimed at just being/finding the fastest driver are the Time Trials, and they are hidden away in the farthest corner Turn 10 could find. Even NFS Shift has an online mode (Manufacturer's race) where everyone drives exactly the same stock car. This leads to really close and fun races.

Kordos

Gynoug79 said:
if Turn 10 would only give us an RWD hopper but for some reason they think it wont be popular.... and if i could only race the Nordschleife in non R Class cars in the hopper system i might get interrested with the hopper system again ! There are tons of other suggestions in the official forums which would do the trick aswell but we dont get any of these either ! Matchmaking just gives not enough variety in a racing game, its good as a quick race option but whithout new game types/restrictions/tracksets it gets downright boring !

Same problem as FM2, no? PI system flaws become exposed, and a few cars specifically, and AWD generally, dominate all the different types of races. Not sure we can expect a fix.

lord pie

I don't think PI is broken. AWD is easier to drive, but I don't think it's faster (in the hands of a good driver). Select cars get the lions share of the tuning attention.

But I do agree there is a problem.

My feeling: The hoppers should restrict downloaded tuning setups if they affect tru-skill (which is basically all of them, afaik).
Ie, if you didn't tune it yourself, you race stock. I would be happy because I enjoy tuning the cars - even though I don't really know what I'm doing, and probably only manage a few 10ths at best. If I put the effort in (and it *is* a lot of effort), I should be rewarded with a higher ranking.

As someone mentioned earlier, downloading a perfected car feels like cheating. Which it is, in a way.

I know turn 10 had great intentions with the storefront - And it works brilliantly for designs, photos, etc. But tuning is different. The point of the storefront is to share and learn. You can see and learn from a great design - you can't from a locked setup.

Finally,

I feel the irony is that downloadable setups have leeched originality and variety from the online game. There is far less variation, as so many are stuck driving the same cars.

I exclusively drive A class online, I've hit level 50 a while ago and have a ~25 ranking. So I feel I've played a lot of races.
I have four main cars, two AWD, two RWD. In all my online racing I've seen two other Gallardo S's (mine is RWD), an occasional Audi RS4's and not a single Saab Turbo-X (which has the most amazing sound - I highly recommend messing with it)
It's sad really, yet I've seen 100s, if not 1,000s of S5s and LP640s.

There's a problem getting liveries for the Toyota Yaris. If you search on the Storefront for Designs it gives you two Yaris' to choose from, a Yaris and a Yaris +. But there's only one Yaris to buy. If you get a Yaris + livery you can't add it to the Yaris S in the game. I have no idea why the Yaris + even exists in the Storefront search.

daw840

Jube, I would like to say that your storefront is awesome. Did you make all those designs yourself? They are GREAT.

ShapeGSX

Jube has actually managed to create a photoshop to Forza conversion script with a pair of robotic hands to carry out the instructions.

Oh, and Brown rules!

HoTHiTTeR

What was the last VIP car gifted? I just logged into my console after gettin my copy of F3 back and was clearing out some messages and I think I deleted a Gift car :((

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
HoTHiTTeR said:
What was the last VIP car gifted? I just logged into my console after gettin my copy of F3 back and was clearing out some messages and I think I deleted a Gift car :((

Seasons Greetings GT-R

And if you deleted it, you're most likely shit outta luck. Same thing happened to me with the pre-order gift cars, I emailed Turn 10, but they never re-sent them.

Magni

Nevermind, found this.

2010 Aston Martin 0ne-77

2009 Audi RS6

2009 Audi R8 LMS

2010 BMW M6 Coupe

2010 Corvette GS

2010 Mustang GT500

2009 HSV w427

2009 Lotus 2-11

2010 Zonda R

2010 Boxster S

2010 S5S Raptor

edit: wow this dates from before Christmas.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MagniHarvald said:
Nevermind, found this.

2010 Aston Martin 0ne-77

2009 Audi RS6

2009 Audi R8 LMS

2010 BMW M6 Coupe

2010 Corvette GS

2010 Mustang GT500

2009 HSV w427

2009 Lotus 2-11

2010 Zonda R

2010 Boxster S

2010 S5S Raptor

edit: wow this dates from before Christmas.
If I remember correctly the 2nd car pack was announced with a date of 12th January in the press release announcing Forza 3 had hit over 1 million sold.

I think they were supposed to be doing more spy shots this week leading up to next Tuesday, but there doesn't seem to be anything on FMnet so far.

Slackbladder said:
There's a problem getting liveries for the Toyota Yaris. If you search on the Storefront for Designs it gives you two Yaris' to choose from, a Yaris and a Yaris +. But there's only one Yaris to buy. If you get a Yaris + livery you can't add it to the Yaris S in the game. I have no idea why the Yaris + even exists in the Storefront search.
The Yaris + is the version you can pick as your first car in the game. All of the cars at the beginning are rated differently than the normal versions you can buy later (as noted by the +).

deadnoob

Well Ive finished my racing seat. I'm not sure where I should post this but i figure someone here might find it useful. Sorry for the crappy picture quality. If anyone wants any information on what I did or some more pictures, let me know.

Its not completely sturdy, but while your driving you don't really notice the movement.

4r9ua.jpg

6Bwf9.jpg

HoTHiTTeR

duderon said:
Seasons Greetings GT-R

And if you deleted it, you're most likely shit outta luck. Same thing happened to me with the pre-order gift cars, I emailed Turn 10, but they never re-sent them.

Ah shit!

Che!!! Help!!!

Jube3

HoTHiTTeR said:
Ah shit!

Che!!! Help!!!

I can send you a GTR but it doesnt have the Seasons Greetings Paint. I can send you a sam and max one if you're in the holiday mood though lol

STG

I can gift you the GTR season car if you want HoTHiTTeR

just add me on xbl and send me a pm

edit: nevermind... you can't gift cars with a locked design
sorry dude

Jube3

deadnoob said:
Well Ive finished my racing seat. I'm not sure where I should post this but i figure someone here might find it useful. Sorry for the crappy picture quality. If anyone wants any information on what I did or some more pictures, let me know.

Its not completely sturdy, but while your driving you don't really notice the movement.
*snip*

Great job on the playseat, I really need a chair so bad like that. Im thinking of possibly saving and getting one of the playseats down the line since Im not very good at building stuff thats lined up propery :lol

Fanatec email that my replacement pedals set is on the way. Yeah!

I also bought a new car IRL, an Infiniti M35, too bad it's not in this game. : (

On a related note to that pictured setup... I've made a couple of frames for things out of plumbing gear. It really is useful stuff. :D

OK, just tried this game with the Microsoft wheel. Pretty f'ing fun until the pedals pivot during acceleration and I have to scoot around trying to get my feet back on them.

Also utterly confusing the first time I spun out into a wall... ummmm... downshift to reverse, try not to spin out in first, try now try not to lose more than 20 seconds... :lol

As a noob to the online portion of this game, tell me: does Playground change up its options occasionally? Or is it always A-Class racers going against each other?

I was surprised to find that game as dead as it was... 3 or 4 people only playing in the advanced room, and only 10 doing hotlap...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I still want to see some classics, like...

Porsche 917
1970 Plymouth Superbird
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda
1970 Chevy Nova SS
1957 Chevy Bel Air
1963 Ferrari 250 GTO MK1
1972 Ford Gran Torino
1995 McLaren F1 GTR non-whale tail version
1995 McLaren F1 street version

And...
The Car of Tomorrow NASCAR bodystyle
Koeingsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F
Toyota FT-86 Concept

Dammit Che, I'm going to keep nagging you about those!

h3ro

twinturbo2 said:
Is Forza 3 going to get the Mercedes SLS AMG? You know, the Gran Turismo 5 cover car? Che, any chance of that?

The Mercedes SLS is a fine automobile.

/Che response

Gravijah

twinturbo2 said:
I still want to see some classics, like...

Porsche 917
1970 Plymouth Superbird
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda
1970 Chevy Nova SS
1957 Chevy Bel Air
1963 Ferrari 250 GTO MK1
1972 Ford Gran Torino
1995 McLaren F1 GTR non-whale tail version
1995 McLaren F1 street version

And...
The Car of Tomorrow NASCAR bodystyle
Koeingsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F
Toyota FT-86 Concept

Dammit Che, I'm going to keep nagging you about those!

Stupid shitty Zonda in Forza 3. Stupid... shitty... Zonda.

Gravijah said:
Stupid shitty Zonda in Forza 3. Stupid... shitty... Zonda.

It's true, Forza's Zonda selection is embarrassingly limited as of now-- but at least we're getting the Zonda R next week, so that's a start. Now just throw in the Zonda F, (preferably in Clubsport trim), and maybe the C12-S and we'll have a reasonably complete progression of Zonda awesomeness.

Seriously, Zonda F please. :'(

Jube3

cjelly said:
While we await official news for car pack 2, shall we all share our stats?

From the main menu, go to My Profile.

Here are my stats:

Nice 60 hours of driving :O. I havent painted since christmas since its been crazy but I think im at 250 hours in the paint editor -_- lol I think im at 40 hours driving and 15 hours of test driving (drift practice mostly). Oh and because I loved leaving my xbox on for extending periods of time cause of the home space I think that menu time is at 400 hours (bad idea i know lol). Ill post a screen later in the day.

Looks like this time the DLC cars have details under the car, the R35 in the last dlc pack has a completely flat and pure black base like it was ported from forza 2. I know they don't model the under carriage to be 100% real but when you roll a car and see nothing but BLACK it's not nice, also it helps with realism when you can see the parts sticking out like in the images above.

Jube3

I wonder if we should just start posting the liveries and photos in this thread. A lot of really neat stuff gets missed in the livery thread.

Jube3 said:
I wonder if we should just start posting the liveries and photos in this thread. A lot of really neat stuff gets missed in the livery thread.
Reminds me, not been on my xbox for about 3 weeks and I wonder how many Cr I have from my storefront now, I stuck some nice R35 skins up before I moved the 360.

Top Bottom