• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

kaskade

I just got the game and I love it. The driving feels so nice. Is anyone having a problem with the My Photos on the site though? I uploaded two last night and they aren't showing up.

h3ro

ThePeacemaker02 said:
I just got the game and I love it. The driving feels so nice. Is anyone having a problem with the My Photos on the site though? I uploaded two last night and they aren't showing up.

That damn site is forever broken. Forums are jacked up right now too.

Jube3 said:
I was trying to stream this earlier but im all over the place this morning. But this guy on FM.net is trying to complete the 24 hours of le mans...in 24 hours ;O he is currently on hour 20. Go root him on! Craziness

318 laps down..... :O
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3463706/ShowThread.aspx

Nice:D

I've heard of quite a lot of people finishing the 24h endurance race that is included in the campaign of GT4 though.

Jube3

Landin put the Pitpass up today. Lots of stuff in there worth checking out here are some I would definitely recomend.

RWD only hoppers going up in the playground sometime next week
Now that we’re back in full force after the holiday break we’re set to continue working on our Matchmaking playlists. We’ve heard the requests for some RWD only hoppers to add a bit of variety to the playing field, so expect to see a RWD only playlist added to the “Playground” sometime next week. Numbers are in from the holidays and we’re starting to see more traffic in the playground area, which means we’ll continue to use it as a catch-all for our community playlists. For the latest updates on Matchmaking visit our official info page here that will be updated when new playlists go live.

New Time Trial for this week-one of my favorite Forza 3 cars too
Cmon Gaf racers, heres your chance to make some cash :D
Week 2 - Holden Time Attack
What: Official Turn 10 Featured Time Trial Challenge
When: Now until Friday January 15th at 12:00PM PST
PRIZES
Top 10: 500,000 CR
Top 100: 250,000 CR
Random 500: A random selection of 500 players from position 100 to 5000 will receive 150,000 CR

Awesome Quad screen Forza 3 setup by SuperGoop
2r47782.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XshaF71tHv0&fmt=22

Some photos
Image by Benmastawoot
original.aspx

Image by TFrost
original.aspx

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Holy shit, nice setup he's got there.

I wonder if 24" screens are about perfect there from that distance... my dream is 3 40" screens. :lol :lol

Jube3

cjelly said:
Holy shit, nice setup he's got there.

I wonder if 24" screens are about perfect there from that distance... my dream is 3 40" screens. :lol :lol

You would go blind lol, if you follow the link to gtplanet he posted his FOV measurements for optimal viewing. Its pretty interesting stuff. Really impressed with the cable arrangement. 4 xboxes, monitors is not an easy thing to hide.

Fortinbras said:
Can't access MyForza for more than 3 weeks now.
I just tried via going to the main website and then clicking on myforza once logged in, it's working here and I not visited the website for a few weeks too, is there an old cookie or something you might need to delete from your browser.

While i'm viewing my profile, here is a pic :p

The only thing working for me are the forums. Everything else is broken once I sign in. I'm also unable to find my gamertag when I use the search on the site.

It doesn't matter which browser or PC/Mac I use. Nothing works.

Jube3

Fortinbras said:
The only thing working for me are the forums. Everything else is broken once I sign in. I'm also unable to find my gamertag when I use the search on the site.

It doesn't matter which browser or PC/Mac I use. Nothing works.

Yep its a known issue and being worked on. Maybe due to the new users over christmas I'm not sure but here is the word from T10 dev Voodoo posted last night.

Here is the situation as of now for those encountering an error when they view 'My Forza' page.

We've identified the bug and developed the fix. It's going into testing tomorrow (it's 1.35 am here right now). It should be deployed shortly thereafter to our production servers. Right now we're looking at Tuesday for the deployment date (those things are complicated) but we're trying our best to push it earlier (as early as this week/weekend).

I just tried via going to the main website and then clicking on myforza once logged in, it's working here and I not visited the website for a few weeks too, is there an old cookie or something you might need to delete from your browser.

While i'm viewing my profile, here is a pic :p

Nice pictures man, rated it :D

Has there been word on which class is getting the RWD racing playlist? I'm thinking A class but they will cock it up with "any class" I bet.

Looks like my BMW M3-GTR will rise from the grave and win races again.

Not directly FM3-related, but this is why we need the SLS AMG in the game: LINK

Probably CG, though.

Can't see this working all too well in the squared-off tunnels at Sedona. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
Not directly FM3-related, but this is why we need the SLS AMG in the game: LINK

Probably CG, though.

Can't see this working all too well in the squared-off tunnels at Sedona. :lol
This is such a beautiful car, IMO. I want it in FM3 bad.

skyfinch

PjotrStroganov said:
Nice:D

I've heard of quite a lot of people finishing the 24h endurance race that is included in the campaign of GT4 though.

I did that with Test Drive Le Mans for the Dreamcast. That game had a nice day and night cycle, so you eventually end up racing hours in the dark all by yourself,

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I have a Ferrari F40 dressed up like the F40 from Sega Super GT/Scud Race, but the My Forza section of the website is borked, so I can't show it off.

Also, I took the 2010 Audi S4 for a spin in the game, and I think I'm in love. I want one IRL.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I've revised my dream car wishlist. Here it is currently...

Mazda 787B
Porsche 917
'57 Chevy Bel Air
'70 Chevy Nova
'70 Plymouth Superbird
'70 Plymouth 'Cuda AAR
Koeingsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F
Non-whale-tail McLaren F1 GTR
McLaren F1 Street version
Mercedes SLS AMG
'63 Ferrari 250 GTO

And here's my new additions...

Mercedes Benz/Sauber C9
800px-Sauber_C9_1989.jpg

Jaguar XJR-9
800px-20070729_Silverstone070_edited.JPG

Jaguar XJR-15
Xjr15.JPG

Dammit Che, can I get a response from you at least acknowledging my list here?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Also, while I'm at it, can we get some new tracks up in this bitch? Since the Ferrari F355 Challenge is in the game, along with some of the tracks from the Sega F355 Challenge game (Laguna Seca, Motegi Oval, both versions of Suzuka seen in said game), can we get the other tracks from there? That would entail...

Fiorano (would be nice for some test laps)
Monza
Sugo
Streets Of Long Beach
Atlanta Motor Speedway (would be nice for the stock cars)
Sepang
Nuburgring GP Circuit (I'm shocked that it isn't in the game already, tbh)

I'd also like to see...

Imola
Watkins Glen
Infinion Raceway
Fuji Raceway (classic layout, please)
Brands Hatch
Paul Ricard Circuit
Streets Of Surfer's Paradise, Australia

Please, Che? Pleeeease? The support the game's been getting is awesome, and I want it to continue for a while. Even if you guys are working on Project Gotham Racing 5, I want to see support for Forza 3 to continue on for a good while.

enewtabie

Just want to say this is my favorite game right now(behind Uncharted 2 of course:D )
The only thing I hate is my car isn't here. How about a 02 Subaru?
Spec C,Type RA,WRX,STi,Prodrive edition or anything would be great.

This is a car fan's RPG.

Jube3

enewtabie said:
Just want to say this is my favorite game right now(behind Uncharted 2 of course:D )
The only thing I hate is my car isn't here. How about a 02 Subaru?
Spec C,Type RA,WRX,STi,Prodrive edition or anything would be great.

This is a car fan's RPG.

:D yea its awesome

I would love to get in some older cars like the old 1930-40 hot rods with the big grills on the front. Love those fords. Also I know a lot of people will hate me for saying this lol, but I really liked the plymouth prowler as a kid (had the model for it) and wouldnt mind seeing it. I dont think its popular enough for dlc but maybe in forza 4? I dunno hah.

But yea this car, man I would be in heaven.
58.jpg

Or this one. *faints*
ford4202a.jpg

lord pie

Has the DLC been released yet? I saw someone swap their car to a RS6'10 for a moment then quit.. But I can't see the DLC up for download yet.

Jube3

lord pie said:
Has the DLC been released yet? I saw someone swap their car to a RS6'10 for a moment then quit.. But I can't see the DLC up for download yet.

Dont think so, not until tuesday.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
lord pie said:
No, it should be released on the 12th...

RayStorm

twinturbo2 said:
Also, while I'm at it, can we get some new tracks up in this bitch? Since the Ferrari F355 Challenge is in the game, along with some of the tracks from the Sega F355 Challenge game (Laguna Seca, Motegi Oval, both versions of Suzuka seen in said game), can we get the other tracks from there? That would entail...

Streets Of Long Beach

Seconded! But has to be the same layout as in F355 Challenge. Racing that track again is what I've been dreaming about since the PGR2 Long Beach booster pack was announced.

They need to go the whole hog and limit a playlist to F355 Challenge stock, susuka/motegi ring/laguna only, no collisions 2 laps (just like the dreamcast online play where you raced an online hotlap race, the game then downloaded everyone's ghosts and you then watched the replay to see who won, best fucking racing game feature EVER INVENTED)

Jube3

Hawk xSx said:
Is it me or is the DLC undermarketed, more so than the Hot Holidays Pack? No trailer, no news from Che, etc

They are on vacation until tommorow and the pack I believe is part of the big car show that starts this week in Detroit. Im sure we will be hit with more stuff this week on it. I cant wait to see the Zonda Ingame :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RayStorm said:
Seconded! But has to be the same layout as in F355 Challenge. Racing that track again is what I've been dreaming about since the PGR2 Long Beach booster pack was announced.
Yeah, the F355 Challenge layout was shorter than the real-life Long Beach Grand Prix layout. Maybe both can be in the game?

Dammit Che, where are you? :D

While I'm at it, Watkins Glen and Infineon Raceway, I want both the GP and NASCAR layouts, please. :D

BADNED

lord pie said:
A bit less then 24 hours to go from now on until release. Probably it was a '10 S4 you saw because the RS6 is a '09.

twinturbo2 said:
Yeah, the F355 Challenge layout was shorter than the real-life Long Beach Grand Prix layout. Maybe both can be in the game?

The Long Beach layout in F355 Challenge was the 1992-1998 one. If LB is ever going to land in a FM game then it will be the current layout.

Jube3

Lets get a give away going! I did this on the F3 forums and it was a lot of fun :D

forza-lotus.jpg

Aight first car im giving away is the Lotus 2-eleven.
First person to quote me and answer this bit of trivia correctly wins! I will send it to you on tuesday when the DLC hits.

"What car is the lotus 2-eleven based off of?

Jube3 said:
They are on vacation until tommorow and the pack I believe is part of the big car show that starts this week in Detroit. Im sure we will be hit with more stuff this week on it. I cant wait to see the Zonda Ingame :D
There's a Zonda in the new DLC? Hoo-ruddy-ray!!

Not sure if I will buy the new dlc pack just yet, still need to play more then a few single races with the first dlc pack cars. Mostly due to their overpriced cost in the main forza mode. The r35 is great in s class though but handles like a tank.

Jube3

Shaneus said:
HSV was taken out and replaced by the Saleen S5S, I believe ;_;

Yea I updated the image yesterday refresh the image and it should show the official list which I will replace with ingame pics soon. Also while the leak teased it the HSV wasn't really replaced since it was never confirmed but since it was spotted in the wild thats not a bad sign :D. Gonna add the 2 packs to the OP

Top Bottom