• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Shaneus said:
HSV was taken out and replaced by the Saleen S5S, I believe ;_;
Why? The S5S never got out of the non-running-concept stage. Sure, that didn't stop the 2006 Miura from being in the game, but still...

twinturbo2 said:
Why? The S5S never got out of the non-running-concept stage. Sure, that didn't stop the 2006 Miura from being in the game, but still...
maybe the interest spike in the car means they moved it to car pack #3 to sell more of that in march or what ever :/

Oh last night I decided to say "fuck this shit" to my lovely online trueskill rank and took my old m3 gtr back online in A class, first race was 6 of us on new york full (with tyre walls) and my car is RWD, slightly slower then the entire AWD pack I was up against but I won :lol too many people underestimate the understeer of the AWD cars or just can't drive for shit and using a storefront tune.

When is the RWD hopper coming? it will be my new home.

*edit* 6.2 brake, 7.2 accel, i'm not fast but I can outbrake the idiots on the first corner for sure :lol

ShapeGSX

daw840 said:
Does this include pedals? Or do you have to buy them seperate?

Pedals are included.

This wheel is actually quite good with Forza 3. It is only a 270 degree wheel, but the game handles it well.

daw840

Hmm, I think I might have to pick this up since it's on sale. I really wanted to get a divorce over a Fanatec wheel/pedals though...

Jube3

daw840 said:
Hmm, I think I might have to pick this up since it's on sale. I really wanted to get a divorce over a Fanatec wheel/pedals though...

The Fanatec you can sneak in slowly though, pedals, shifter and then bam the wheel lol. If I remember reading right the Fanatec pedals use the same connection as the MS wheel so they might work with each other, not sure though maybe someone here can confirm.

daw840

Jube3 said:
The Fanatec you can sneak in slowly though, pedals, shifter and then bam the wheel lol. If I remember reading right the Fanatec pedals use the same connection as the MS wheel so they might work with each other, not sure though maybe someone here can confirm.

I just don't think I could do that. She handles all the finances, so she would see that shit come in and add it all up. Especially once I was sitting in the living room with a full racing cockpit, 3 screens, and 3 xboxes.....lol

These are the reasons I don't get to handle the checkbook. LOL

Jube3

daw840 said:
I just don't think I could do that. She handles all the finances, so she would see that shit come in and add it all up. Especially once I was sitting in the living room with a full racing cockpit, 3 screens, and 3 xboxes.....lol

These are the reasons I don't get to handle the checkbook. LOL

Hey im talking about a wheel and a shifter you're talking about a real life simulator :lol I will attempt that 3 screen setup man...one day :lol

daw840

Jube3 said:
Hey im talking about a wheel and a shifter you're talking about a real life simulator :lol I will attempt that 3 screen setup man...one day :lol

Yeah, Im hoping that by the time Forza 85 comes out I will have enough money to justify blowing $3,000+ on one game...

Jube3

daw840 said:
Yeah, Im hoping that by the time Forza 85 comes out I will have enough money to justify blowing $3,000+ on one game...

I wonder how low you could get the full cockpit if you went budget on everything (20 inch monitors, arcade 360s or maybe even refurbs).

Lets see
3 Samsung 20inch widescreen monitors 2ms -169.99 each
2 xbox 360 arcades - 199.99 each
2 copies of forza 3 - 50.00 (amazon)
$1007.00

Come on lotto! lol

daw840

Jube3 said:
I wonder how low you could get the full cockpit if you went budget on everything (20 inch monitors, arcade 360s or maybe even refurbs).

Lets see
3 Samsung 20inch widescreen monitors 2ms -169.99 each
2 xbox 360 arcades - 199.99 each
2 copies of forza 3 - 50.00 (amazon)
$1007.00

Come on lotto! lol

LOL. I was thinking more along the lines of this....

fanatec-rennsport-cockpit.jpg

Sadly, I have absolutely 0 interest in this game anymore and am looking to trade/sell it. I bought GT Prologue a few weeks ago and I've had more fun with it. Just 100% disappointed with the game......i had much more fun with FM2. Who knows...

jergrah

rocksteady1983 said:
Sadly, I have absolutely 0 interest in this game anymore and am looking to trade/sell it. I bought GT Prologue a few weeks ago and I've had more fun with it. Just 100% disappointed with the game......i had much more fun with FM2. Who knows...

Wow - to each their own. Ive been consistently playing Forza 3 off and on since it came out. Its my game between games.....after a session of ACII and before playing a franchise game in Madden for example, I almost always pop Forza 3 in and play a race or 2. Im around the level 32 mark right now. I think its the best simulation racer I have ever played. I own GT5:prologue and found it enjoyable, but nowhere near the experience that Forza 3 provides.

OneLetter

I finally got back my red-ringed 360 the other day - time to hop back onto Forza and finally play it again - maybe I'll be able to finally get up to Level 50 this time instead of having to stop at 30...

I still have to try out the online modes, since my focus has been only on the SP career thus far. Good thing my S-Rank NSX-R is still tearing up the competition :D

Gowans

We need to set up some regular gaf race nights or a tourney or something. Been really enjoying some private matches over the last few days.

Jube3

Gowans007 said:
We need to set up some regular gaf race nights or a tourney or something. Been really enjoying some private matches over the last few days.

Yea im always down.

Hey daw, check out this image I randomly stumbled on google from a guy named phoenix....insane! I know its not forza on the screen. but good god!
Racing-1.jpg

Jube3 said:
I dont think the fix has been rolled out yet.

Landin seems to be surprised that the problem is still there. He'll try to meet the network guys according to his post on the forums.

I'm having all kinds of problems:

- I'm not able to access anything on the site except the forums when signed in
- I'm not able to search for my Gamertag when not signed in. I get an error page every time
- My VIP status is gone

It's like I don't exist on the servers. I'm having these problems for almost four weeks now.

Jube3

Fortinbras said:
Landin seems to be surprised that the problem is still there. He'll try to meet the network guys according to his post on the forums.

I'm having all kinds of problems:

- I'm not able to access anything on the site except the forums when signed in
- I'm not able to search for my Gamertag when not signed in. I get an error page every time
- My VIP status is gone

It's like I don't exist on the servers. I'm having these problems for almost four weeks now.

I dunno, this is what I saw posted on 1/9 which I posted here

Here is the situation as of now for those encountering an error when they view 'My Forza' page.

We've identified the bug and developed the fix. It's going into testing tomorrow (it's 1.35 am here right now). It should be deployed shortly thereafter to our production servers. Right now we're looking at Tuesday for the deployment date (those things are complicated) but we're trying our best to push it earlier (as early as this week/weekend).

EDIT: Landin just posted an update

Ok got some more information here.

Those of you still experiencing problems accessing "My Forza" fall into a category of users who will be impacted by an update we have planned for tomorrow. This should resolve any accounts that can't currentlly access "My Forza".

For the record the downtime on Sunday did resolve the other issue we've seen with My Forza taking a while to update with your latest files.

I'll check this thread later on in the week to see if our update tomorrow clears this up.

Thanks,

There were two issues one being the 12-24 hour update delay on storefront and the other being the one you and others are suffering from being the error.

Hope that helps

lol someone online was in a 1 v 1 with me and he used some kind of lag switch as I was behind him on the starting straight, so he lagged into me and I spun out big time while he drove on like nothing happend :/

But I am no quitter, I spent the 3 laps catching up his RS2000 in my new bmw RWD setup and on the final 2 corners of bugatti circuit he tried to lag me again but this time he cocked up and his car was flung off the track.

I say lag switch as the race before we were all smooth, people quit and it was just me and him racing. To lag right at the beginning as I was approaching from behind and to try it again as I caught up was too fishy, I could see he was smooth driving for the entire race apart from those moments...

Oh how I can't wait for the RWD hopper, nothing but lambos and audi's online, most of my races I seem to be the only RWD player right now.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Jube3 said:

Nope, you can't use Fanatec's pedals with the MS Wheel :(
I wanted to do that myself.

Also guys, today I bought my first DLC ever ;)

wow I been playing forza for about 8 hours straight today, checking gaf between loads :lol all I have done is tune bmw's and race them online.

But this realy shows how broken online is, everyone and their dog is driving a 4wd audi, lambo or viper, I am shocked that the PI was not tested more for crap like this, I really want the RWD hopper right this instant but I guess we have to wait for that title update first :/

I want to love this game, I do enjoy it but there are so many flaws, for a game where the community should be strong turn10 dropped the ball nearly everywhere online, a RWD (and FWD) hopper should have been there day 1, and since they can;t seem to update the list often like they said that's even more bullshit.

Please take 4-5 years to make the next game, keep tinkering with forza 3 but for fuck sake don't rush out forza 4, slow roast it.

Ding

Dash Kappei said:
Nope, you can't use Fanatec's pedals with the MS Wheel :(
I wanted to do that myself.
You can use the MS pedals with the Fanatec wheel, however. (I haven't tried it, but that's what Fanatec claims. The G25 pedals allegedly will work, too.)

BTW, I finally got my Fanatec/Obutto setup put together. The shifter is just zip-tied on right now, but I have a mounting piece on order from zee Germans. I can take a pic if anyone cares.

All the Fanatec gear works great. The clutch pedal is a trip, BTW. At first I'd completely forget to press it. "Dammit, forgot the clutch. D'oh! Again!" But after about 30 seconds of that, my brain got the message, and now it's just as unconscious as it is in my real car. Of course I'm switching between Forza and Dirt2, so I have to keep retraining myself.

Also, I'm finding the separate (non-paddle) shifter to be surprising handy, even if I'm not using it consistently. (Occasionally I get lazy and use the paddles exclusively.) Sometime I lose control and be fish-tailing wildly as I tried to recover. Opposite-lock is not unheard of. I'll desperately need to downshift in the middle of all this, but my hands will be out of place, the wheel will be spun, and I'll be unsure which paddle is which. At that point I can just reach down and whack the "real" shifter. It's much like Homer Simpson's car with all the horn buttons!

Jube3

Please take 4-5 years to make the next game, keep tinkering with forza 3 but for fuck sake don't rush out forza 4, slow roast it.

5 years? whoa no way I dont want to wait till im 31 to play forza 4 :O Nice BMW man, its looking really nice. Did you paint that yourself or off a storefront.

I snatched another ferrari pic, loving this car
ferrari22.jpg

I would be 31 too :p I just want the next game to have zero problems out the door and a good online setup. Livery is my own too same design as on my old M3 gtr.

Your photo reminds me of an old photo from the 20's :p

pulled the trigger on the MS wheel deal from amazon :)

Still got over 51 of the career to go. Raced a series for muscle cars in career mode and 2 of the 3(or 4) races were in japanese tracks :/

Iknos

Diablohead said:
I would be 31 too :p I just want the next game to have zero problems out the door and a good online setup.

For the most part the game is great there were just a few decisions that I didn't agree with and I know I'm not alone in that. I don't know if more time could have changed those decisions.

The PI issue will always exist with any game like this and can only be avoided with a whole lot of testing. There just needs to be a system in place where it can be updated and tweaked by T10 on an ongoing basis. IIRC FM2 had some PI issues tweaked after release.

More time helps any game so ultimately you'd be right in saying what you're saying. I'm just saying that I think most problems have more to do with some design decisions more than anything else.

These problems have been countered with some genius design decisions so it's hard to slag on T10 here. A game like this in just 1.5 years of development...it's very impressive.

Shaneus

Can anyone be so kind as to post a Marketplace link? It's not showing up in AU but those links have worked before without a hassle. Thanks :)

Damnit... there was a little star next to Forza Marketplace on the main menu, but when I went in there was nothing I hadn't seen before. FFS.

Gowans

Shaneus

Strange... it's asking for a redemption code and saying that I don't have a credit card on file, even though I have 2710 MSP! Will keep giving it a go anyway... thanks Gowans!

Shaneus

Bastards :(

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ASKING FOR A PREPAID CODE?!?

Edit: Up now on in-game MP. Yay.

Edit #2: Weren't we supposed to get 150k with this?

Jube3

Im definitely down Gowans and I will be online too.

Man the 2-eleven rides so smooth, for those curious (diablo lol) both swaps are RWD. Rides smooth and takes the corners like nobodies business. Its an A class car.
Forza133.jpg

Some more pics of the audi and the saleen
Forza137.jpg

Forza139.jpg

Just grabbed the DLC. If future packs will be released with this kind of regularity, I think that's something we all can get used to, (especially if there's new tracks in the mix as well).

The Zonda R is everything I hoped it would be-- goes like stink and looks incredible doing it. It's a Pagani, though, so I'd adore it regardless.

Most-fun-to-drive honors probably go to the 2-Eleven, though. Loads of grip and turns on a dime.

Oh, and nice shots, Jube. I'm going to have to give PS editing a try one of these days.

Top Bottom