• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

I don't think those are LMs, I think they are 62' 250 GTO but without the three holes on the front. :D
1962-ferrari-250-gto_460x0w.jpg

BTW, I don't know if there is an English version of this book but it's really great. It has beautiful photos of the most iconic Ferraris in perfect condition (it's like they just got out of the factory) paired with lengthy descriptions (story, full specs, anecdotes, etc...).
5129qV-UrGL._SS500_.jpg

If some of you want (and if it's ok with the rules), I could scan a couple of photos. :D

SmokyDave

G Rom said:
I don't think those are LMs, I think they are 62' 250 GTO but without the three holes on the front. :D
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200611/1962-ferrari-250-gto_460x0w.jpg[IMG]

BTW, I don't know if there is an English version of this book but it's really great. It has beautiful photos of the most iconic Ferraris in perfect condition (it's like they just got out of the factory) paired with lengthy descriptions (story, full specs, anecdotes, etc...).
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5129qV-UrGL._SS500_.jpg[IMG]

If some of you want (and if it's ok with the rules), I could scan a couple of photos. :D[/QUOTE]
It's still bugging me, number 8 has 3 gills (64) but looks like a 62 at the front. The one above and to the right of that must be the 4 litre but to me just screams "I AM A 275LM!". To be fair though, I suspect the Moet guys got it right ;)

Love 60's Ferraris. I have the first image you posted in a book about GTOs that includes a lengthy and well written description of the driving experience, I'll have to see if I can dig it out.

ElNino

G Rom said:
Well, had they designed something as beautiful and elegant as the Veyron maybe more would care.
That is the first time I have heard someone refer to the Veyron as beautiful or elegant. :D

thundr51

How do you guys know half of these cars exist? I mostly just ignore the spy shots as I never have a clue. Do you guys just do random google searches for supercars or something??

Anyway, this pack is definitely on my radar for a purchase. Not sure how many cars I'll actually be able to buy in-game....but...

Hey Jube, any word on that idea to get credits/ free car with each car pack? :lol

lord pie

This is the way you do DLC. Dump in a load of wacky, insane, crazy and downright awesome cars (and the ariel atom please :)
I just don't have any interest in variations of existing cars, newer models, etc. I couldn't give a damn if they added another Mclaren F1. :lol

And where is the robin reliant! We needed a reliant vs discovery hopper yesterday.

Jube3

thundr51 said:
How do you guys know half of these cars exist? I mostly just ignore the spy shots as I never have a clue. Do you guys just do random google searches for supercars or something??

Anyway, this pack is definitely on my radar for a purchase. Not sure how many cars I'll actually be able to buy in-game....but...

Hey Jube, any word on that idea to get credits/ free car with each car pack? :lol

A few of these cars people recognize from Top Gear (a few of these have been talked about on Top Gear) or PGR. I'll have the car price list to post once all of the cars have been revealed.

I couldn't give a damn if they added another Mclaren F1. :lol
You should start running lord pie, I can hear them coming for you already! :lol

thundr51

Jube3 said:
A few of these cars people recognize from Top Gear (a few of these have been talked about on Top Gear) or PGR. I'll have the car price list to post once all of the cars have been revealed.

Cool. Great show, got to watch it thanks to Netflix streaming. I still have PGR4...perhaps I should pop it back in...

Seeing pictures like these make sick when we're stuck with the bullshit compressed crap that can never look like any of these. If we were allowed to have shots like this, i'd rebuy this game. Just sad and annoying.

forza-motorsport-3-20100505034649595.jpg

forza-motorsport-3-20100505034645111.jpg

forza-motorsport-3-20100504044929353.jpg

Jube3

Not sure if you've tried stitching before Rocksteady (can't remember if you tried it I know Grom and Chrange have done a bunch) you can get great high quality shots from My Forza at that size from stitching.

A quick 4 image stitch with myforza takes me about 10 minutes after setting up my shot, 8 image stitches take me about 20 (not counting touch ups) w/ free slots in my SF. I remember Chrange made an insane one that was what like 20 feet? :lol

This one is from Shadow Edge at Fm.net
4585219888_8577b10293_b.jpg

Large 1920x1200 link here

Seanspeed

Banned
rocksteady1983 said:
If we were allowed to have shots like this, i'd rebuy this game. Just sad and annoying.
So compressed images for photomode is a game-breaker for you?

No wonder the online community kinda sucks. It seems very few people actually play this game because they like *racing*.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wow, hats off to Turn10, this car pack is turning in to a corker. Loving the variety of cars.

Tonights cars:

2009 Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85
Devon GTX

spyker-c8-laviolette-lm85-front-quarter-main.jpg

nwypdz.jpg

G Rom

Seanspeed said:
So compressed images for photomode is a game-breaker for you?

No wonder the online community kinda sucks. It seems very few people actually play this game because they like *racing*.

When your game is so focused on UGC, yeah, I'd say it's a game-breaker. Photo mode compression isn't only a photographer issue. It affects the painters because their liveries are poorly rendered, it affects Turn 10 because their game isn't shown as it should be (official shots show that lossless compressed high resolution makes the game look 10x better) and ultimately it doesn't affect sale as it should (photo mode should be free viral marketing for the game).

I enjoy both taking photos (must be at 450+ now) and racing (somewhere 60+ hours of driving). Thing is, I race offline. That's because I don't have to wait for matchmaking to find players, I don't get rapped by Audi because I drive a car which isn't a leaderboard car and I can choose exactly the type of race I want to do...

As for the two new spy shot, I don't have the slightest idea. At first I thought it was a Weismann or a Morgan for the second one but it doesn't match. :lol

On a side note, I improved my time on the TT but I know for a fact that I can take almost another second off (failed twice to improve by five tenth in two different sectors) it which would place me in the Top 100 last time I checked. :D
The top time on the leaderboard really is impressive. It also proves that the difference between a wheel and a controller is massive.

Edit : Didn't know the Devon GTX ! Looks good ! :D
The Spyker is... well it's a Spyker...:lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'll buy the next DLC pack for the Ultimate Aero and the Batmobile lookalike. I swore I saw one on the road a while ago.

amar212

Damn you Turn10, I really wanted NOT TO BUY any of DLC untill you resolve the online RWD hoppers issues.

Now I will have to buy this DLC. Just....can't....resist....

Go to hell Che, this is not fair :D

BTW Will Codatronca have working rear-display?

zorbsie

This car pack has become pretty epic. I'm sold. Take my money Turn 10. It's nice to see these cars that most people haven't even heard of.

Jube3

thundr51 said:
Cool, just won 150,000Cr. for almost a song...:D Now I have something I can use to buy the cars for the upcoming car pack. :lol

You will forever remember the phrase "2 vogues on the left uniroyal on the right".. my job is complete :lol If you haven't you should put in a time trial run on the new DLC TT Qualifier thats up (under leaderboards). Random chance to win 500,000 credits.

Magni

Loving all these cars.. but how much are they gonna cost in game? :lol I'll just drive them in Arcade mode I guess :lol

thundr51

Jube3 said:
You will forever remember the phrase "2 vogues on the left uniroyal on the right".. my job is complete :lol If you haven't you should put in a time trial run on the new DLC TT Qualifier thats up (under leaderboards). Random chance to win 500,000 credits.

"What do you want me to do Mix?? Push freak push!!" B e s t. L i n e. E v e r.

Yeah, I need more random cash, 150k will barely buy a S-R3 car...

h3ro

Jube, do the new manufacturers in the DLC effect the "Buy a car from every manufacturer" achievement?

I'm only missing that one and Gold on all races for my 1000/1000.

Jube3

h3ro said:
Jube, do the new manufacturers in the DLC effect the "Buy a car from every manufacturer" achievement?

I'm only missing that one and Gold on all races for my 1000/1000.

It won't add to the achievement, also what cars are you missing for the achievement the Mclaren?

Stitching is cool but I just wish the default image was better quality, I would think one image at 150kb would be better then 4/8 at 100kb, but then most people don't stitch so they still save bandwidth.

I don't think we will ever get the ability to save images to usb pen either, turn10 will be digging into forza 4 now I bet and well f3 will not have anything else added :( apart from car packs because they make money.

G Rom

I finally finished the 6th season ! Only 1 achievement to go and... 120 events !:lol
I think I've never been this rich in the game, I'm currently at 1,173,000 Cr. and my war chest may even get bigger as I could crack the Top 100 of the TT. ! :D
Now, all I need is some MS Points or a code for the DLC because I'm ready to spend some in-game credits !:lol

Time for some photos now :
4589023309_759654d37d.jpg

4589643008_b4aa5e5f92.jpg

4589643114_159834a5dc.jpg

4589643212_7967f82273.jpg

4589023649_83d108418f.jpg

4589644268_a880e752d9.jpg

(Notice the ridiculous tire flex in those C1 shots !:lol )

4589024409_768395d448.jpg

4589024295_4d431ff2ec.jpg

4589643654_f405cd1481.jpg

4589023839_d5cb90de6f.jpg

4589643402_4447a5f4dd.jpg

(I have a lot of fun doing the V8 championship in career, really fun cars to drive that I didn't get the chance to really try before)

skyfinch

Damn, G ROM, you take good photos. There was another member, funnybunny, I think his name was. He also took good photos.

Said I wasn't going to, but might drop the points on this DLC. Such a unique pack of cars.
Anyways, back to the hellish, satan spawn drift challenge. Last thing preventing me from completing the game. Lost 50% of my hair on this damn challenge. :lol

Didn't like the V8 Championship races. I don't mind a bit of oversteer but not with the weight of the V8 Championship cars.

The stock single make races were my favorite. especially the FXX one.

Jube3 said:
Twitter trivia has started :D
Hey Chrange I uploaded it to my flicker with credit of course. I put it up to send to a friend but feel free to use the link if it helps.

4586799611_a75842fbb0.jpg

The full on 5626 x 1382 monster
I know there have been stitching tutorials somewhere and i have photoshop CS4 so i know how to Photo-merge. But how have you been able to make such a large panorama? I'm having trouble with a simple 4x5...

Do you use any specific tutorial to guide you? I'm having a seriously hard time with my first.

If that wasn't enough... the Forzamotorsport.net download time is making me almost give up on it completely....

<_< Fix that shit.

lord pie

So, I fired up a multiplayer game the other night.
Barreling down the main straight on Catalunya. I turned in for the first corner and flew off the road straight into the wall.

WTF?

Turns out Forza just randomly decided to start recognizing I have the fanatec set to 900 degrees! (At first I was a bit disappointed that it hadn't made much of a difference!)

So here I go, learning to drive yet again. :lol

I swear Forza helps you soooooo much with the gamepad and assists (obviously :). Zooming around Fujimi Kaido with the wheel and no assists is a lot of fun. You'd be practically throwing the wheel across the room if it wasn't tied down.

However, I will ask:
PLEASE PLEASE in the next patch turn the force feedback off during rewind, the thing goes mad with reverse feedback! I thought the MS wheel was bad. And PLEASE have the wheel reset to match the angle it is at the rewind point. I don't know how many times I've pressed 'Go' only to find I've got the wheel 360 degrees off from centre.

G Rom said:
...my war chest may even get bigger as I could crack the Top 100 of the TT. ! :D

Top 100! Hell. I'm struggling to get close to the top 500.

Jube3

G Rom said:
I finally finished the 6th season ! Only 1 achievement to go and... 120 events !:lol
I think I've never been this rich in the game, I'm currently at 1,173,000 Cr. and my war chest may even get bigger as I could crack the Top 100 of the TT. ! :D
Now, all I need is some MS Points or a code for the DLC because I'm ready to spend some in-game credits !:lol

Wow top 100 nice! You should enter the official photocomps, top 3 get a feature on the turn 10 picks and you also get a car of your choice (2 for first). Great way to make credits or earn a really expensive car.

Cuban Legend said:
I know there have been stitching tutorials somewhere and i have photoshop CS4 so i know how to Photo-merge. But how have you been able to make such a large panorama? I'm having trouble with a simple 4x5...

I don't use photomerge (don't think chrange did either), I just line em up by hand/arrow keys. Here's a video tutorial I made that may help. It's a 3 image stitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9A4STDa-Q

lord pie said:
So, I fired up a multiplayer game the other night.
Barreling down the main straight on Catalunya. I turned in for the first corner and flew off the road straight into the wall.

WTF?

Turns out Forza just randomly decided to start recognizing I have the fanatec set to 900 degrees! (At first I was a bit disappointed that it hadn't made much of a difference!)

I think this happen last patch or something. Yeah, the 900 degree is where I set the Fanatec wheel now and it's awesome. My only problem is the shifter ... it's always get stuck going from 4th to 5th gear.

PS: Hey jube when is the next DLC so I can get my MS points ready for purchase.

Jube3 said:
I don't use photomerge (don't think chrange did either), I just line em up by hand/arrow keys. Here's a video tutorial I made that may help. It's a 3 image stitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9A4STDa-Q
Oh well. I guess I'll just finish it the old fashioned way, by hand, one-by-one.

Edit:

So here is my first and last attempt at a FM3 Stitch. I know it's not perfect. :|

(click for Full Resolution 4x5 Stitch 4300x2300)

Never again.

DasRaven

antiquegamer said:
PS: Hey jube when is the next DLC so I can get my MS points ready for purchase.

Next DLC is 72 hours away on 05/11. All FM3 DLC has been released on the 2nd Tuesday of each month since the beginning.

Vorg

Banned
Just bought an elite and this game came with it. I'm stunned at how good it is. I don't understand how some people can complain. Everything about it seems outstanding so far. BTW, I took some in game pics. How can I show them here?

Top Bottom