• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Broman1978

A couple of new ones...
nlc8W.jpg

qJeeN.jpg

EsIwu.jpg

nkItL.jpg

sDkQk.jpg

I'm a little disappointed at the Brian Ekberg news. I think he was one of the better presenters at Gamespot and was hoping he would go somewhere, where he could carry on doing something in front of the camera occasionally.

Still, his love for Forza is well known and I'm sure he will love it at Turn 10.

state_vector_collapse said:
I'm a little disappointed at the Brian Ekberg news. I think he was one of the better presenters at Gamespot and was hoping he would go somewhere, where he could carry on doing something in front of the camera occasionally.

Still, his love for Forza is well known and I'm sure he will love it at Turn 10.
Always possible there will be a Turn10 TV or something, not that there would be much content to show off each week with the DLC slowing down.

Long as he get's his facts right aka dev unit images NOT being the same as the retail uploads, photomode cars using the 10x polys but not while racing, all that other jazz we had which was wrong too.

PjotrStroganov said:
So Che is leaving?
Che already left, he doesn't carry then turn10 avatar here now also and cut down on his posting because it's not his job any more :p

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Congrats Brian, and welcome!

It's a pretty exciting time to be at Turn 10 right now. :D

Diablohead: I never said it wasn't 343i. I just said it wasn't a CM position at 343i. :p

Jube3 said:
The new Turn 10 community manager is in the building - Brian Ekberg formerly of Gamespot. :D
:( Is he a GAFer? If not, no sale.

Jk, but seriously. Jube I'm still anticipating your great FM3 Tutorials to get up on Youtube, my subscriptions box is empty from you...

Jube3

Cuban Legend said:
:( Is he a GAFer? If not, no sale.

Jk, but seriously. Jube I'm still anticipating your great FM3 Tutorials to get up on Youtube, my subscriptions box is empty from you...

I'm not sure, and yea I need to get new tuts up :( I had about 6 SD tutorials ready to go and a few unfinished HD ones but all that is at my brothers house back in Boston still. Once I get all of my stuff back there will be a bunch up there.

kamkor

Neo Member
Have been reading neogaf and its forza 3 thread for a while. Also took a while to get account activated, but finally I can make a first post, so hello everyone. :)

New music video to showcase my two new tunes. Both cars are rwd.

Tunes:
Nissan S15:
PI: S682
Name: s15super
Tags: saiko d kamkor

Lexus is300:
PI: S652
Name: is300super
Tags: saiko d kamkor

Forza 3 Saiko Drift Video

Enjoy. :)

witness

So glad I got my 360 back on friday, I've been playing Forza like crazy again since I got it back. The game is so fantastic with bar none the best handling model of any sim racer, I'm still shocked by how good this game is almost a year later. Still need to buy a couple more car packs, its a lot of fun to "discover" new cars, I was shocked when the Alfa MiTo has a complete body kit when I was looking for a F series Euro car.

The only issue I still have with the game is that I cannot paint the brake calipers :lol

G Rom

DasRaven said:
The new WIR blog is up:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...05/forza-motorsport-3-week-in-review-8-6.aspx

Damn, the "year of DLC" has ended early it seems. No more monthly scheduled DLC releases!
They say there will be more DLC (Forzalopnik is surely a lock), but nothing on each 2nd Tuesday anymore. Profound Sadness. But at least we got a production hopper finally.

No DLC this month is disappointing as I was really looking forward to get the Forzalopnik pack... :(
I guess they really stretched the summer release date.
Honestly, it only makes sense to end the year of DLC. Halo Reach is going to be released next month (biggest 360 release this year) and in november you-know-who will be released (biggest release for the PS3 this year and an instant buy for almost every car fan in the world). I think there will be huge drops in number of players after each of those event.
I hope we see at least 2 or 3 packs before Forza 4 ships. Oh and they need to figure out something for all those bought DLC in Forza 4.

Did anybody listened to the Forza podcast ? While you don't really learn much more on the next big thing, they do confirm that shaders is one of the thing that they'll push with the new engine (at last !) and they semi-confirm that Forza 3 was rushed to meet the release date.
If Forza 4 turns out to be a finished and much improved Forza 3, it could very well be the first great Forza on 360. My biggest wish is that they pull a PGR4 by obliterating the previous installment in every possible way.
Speaking of PGR4, I briefly played it again this week to test my new HDTV. Damn this game still looks gorgeous even 3 years after being released ! I don't think any racing game has topped running in a stormy Macao yet ! :eek:

eso76

G Rom said:
I don't know if you have gold but racing in multiplayer private races will be the answer to almost everything you wish. It's not a true single player mode but it's better than nothing.
You can pick cars for each AI (not from your garage though), choose number of laps, AI difficulty (same as the your career mode), etc...
Trade-off is that you won't be able to pause (thus no photo mode), rewind and watch your replay instantly (you have to save it first)...

Oh, yes i'm golden, even though i haven't really played any multiplayer on xblive for i don't know how long. i'll have to try that one of these days, upgrading my fanatec firmware made me get into Forza again.

kamkor

Neo Member
Thanks for comments about the video. If you like it, you might also enjoy my older videos. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbrUc7I6SHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1VnOY-oYs

And some real life drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/kamkorPL

G Rom said:
Did anybody listened to the Forza podcast ? While you don't really learn much more on the next big thing, they do confirm that shaders is one of the thing that they'll push with the new engine (at last !) and they semi-confirm that Forza 3 was rushed to meet the release date.
If Forza 4 turns out to be a finished and much improved Forza 3, it could very well be the first great Forza on 360.

I only hope natal won't mean dumbed down physics. And It would be nice if turn10 gave more options for steering wheel setup - for example ability to turn off steering aid/buffer.

Also I hope they fix unfinished interiors, car behaviour on replays sometimes looking weird, car shadows bugs etc.

Deadman said:
Once you see the face on the f50 you cannot unsee it...
It's funny, after I read that I looked at the f50 for a bit (already aware that the front def looks like a face), then peeked at the zonda to see an angry anime face, hahahaha.

skyfinch said:
Same here. Too many drag/ovals and long ass 10 lap races in career mode. Then you have those F and E slow ass races to complete.

I just pop in Forza every now for a quick race or 2. God, I wish this game had a proper quick race mode.
Totally agree, I like the number of laps to be 3 or at maximum 5. More than that I get tired of the circuit. Would be good with an option to sett the amount of laps on each race to a maximum in career mode.

amar212

Jube3 said:
Week in review is up - http://bit.ly/agoHjj

Also the new production hoppers are currently up under circuit mode. It features a lot of great stock cars to race with :D

Great job there Jube, best move done in hoppers system.

Yesterday I had the best races in Forza 3 ever, and I really hope you'll keep this races for some time.

Thanx for listening the community on this one!

Arucardo

The new production hopper is awesome, the most fun I've had playing Forza 3 ever :D . I never feel cheated out of a win because someone has a better tuning setup or a superior 4wd car. Also, it seems there's a lot of fair racers playing in the production hopper, if someone does a really dirty move like ramming on a straightaway they get kicked right after the race. Even the first corner pileup didn't happen most of the time and I played a good 4 hours online :D .

Now I just hope they add new tracks and cars to it, maybe another hopper with the disc 2 cars/tracks in it and maybe the nürburgring gp circuit.

Arucardo said:
The new production hopper is awesome, the most fun I've had playing Forza 3 ever :D . I never feel cheated out of a win because someone has a better tuning setup or a superior 4wd car. Also, it seems there's a lot of fair racers playing in the production hopper, if someone does a really dirty move like ramming on a straightaway they get kicked right after the race. Even the first corner pileup didn't happen most of the time and I played a good 4 hours online :D .

Now I just hope they add new tracks and cars to it, maybe another hopper with the disc 2 cars/tracks in it and maybe the nürburgring gp circuit.

definitely some of the best racing I have had since this game launched. in about 2 hours I can't remember one race where the pack split into more than maybe 2 packs. just fantastic close quarters racing, good lines, close finishes. it was a blast.

More more more of this stuff is definitely what this game needed as it comes to the end of its DLC supported life. this really re-invogorated a pretty stale multiplayer experience. Even great tracks get boring as shit after 1000 times around.

Not played the stock hopper yet but the worst thing about online in f3 is that most map variations are not used! I can understand that maybe in the A hopper you don't want to use the tiny 4 corner layouts but come on, also having the bigger more fun layouts and test tracks as an installed option meant they were in their own hoppers instead of being extra tracks for online play in others, that REALLY hurt the online part the most.

Forza 4 which is most probably coming to the 360 is going to have the exact same problems, I think they need to buck up a bit and force install tracks into the hoppers, people without can go stick to single player.

I just hopped on now. Hoping I can get that S204 I've been dying to get forever...

Edit: wow , So I get to enjoy the company of the FM3 community crashing asshats while never finding anyone from T10 and on top of that my 360 actually froze twice during this ordeal, something my 360 has never ever done before.

Pepto

Banned
Anyone want to buy a tune from me so that I can get the achievement?

Also here is a Veyron doing some two wheel drifting:

Forza32.jpg

New tv, new pics :D forza 3 has new life for me again playing it on a modern LED screen, colours are brilliant!

I know what I see will differ to someone else as we all have different tv's but I like these shots.

2qmzv5c.png

efj71c.png

2yuex08.png

2utqphs.png

bolbronx

Have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, other that i wanted to share my enjoyment of getting my first top 1% time yesterday.

Yay!

Keikoku

Banned
Forza 3 Ultimate Collection listed on OFLC :

http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/5b6ebdff7f5b9a24ca2575ca00062226/265bc6c662051eadca257784005d6c5d!OpenDocument

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Keikoku said:
Forza 3 Ultimate Collection listed on OFLC :

http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/5b6ebdff7f5b9a24ca2575ca00062226/265bc6c662051eadca257784005d6c5d!OpenDocument
If it includes the unicorns, I'm in.

Top Bottom