• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

ShapeGSX

Kentpaul said:
Didn't turn 10 say they would put what the fans want online

We want lower classes

as of next week all the friends that i play priv matches with will be on COD 4 mw2

turn 10 its to late now don't bother :( you have my 40 pound

Isn't that when the public hoppers will be most useful?

Arjen

So i'm trying to get the 100.000 drift achievement, but i seriously suck at drifting, any tips on which car is hould start with as a beginner?

ShapeGSX

Arjen said:
So i'm trying to get the 100.000 drift achievement, but i seriously suck at drifting, any tips on which car is hould start with as a beginner?

The F-class Toyota Trueno GT Apex is an awesome, easy to drive drifter. A bump up to E-class would probably help out some.

Also, the tune of a drifter matters a ton. Generally, you want maximum grip on the front tires. A little more negative camber can help.

XiaNaphryz said:
Did you have the regular pedals or the clubsports?

Just the regular edition.

The wheel has tons of features but there's no instruction. On-line only have quick set up guide that I can find. I am not sure what some of the setting do.

So far the hardest thing to learn beside shifting is getting used to the brake pedal and shifting with gate shifter.

I can't stop playing it but I got term paper to write ...

Rad Agast

After what seemed like a long wait I finally received my copy today. Good thing it started snowing today so I have an excuse to stay home.

Edit:

I know this has been asked before but I don't have time to look around for it, what's the proper way of installing the second disc? should I do it first or after installing the game?

God damn.

Big thumbs up to whoever came up with the fantasy tracks. Iberia extreme, Fujimi, and Amalfi are amazing. Even though Le Mans is an amazing track is just seems boring compared to the long fantasy tracks, Catalunya and Silverstone are also pretty boring imho. Amalfi and Fujimi rewards you with being confident in your driving skills. I found I was faster if I went 10/10ths from the beginning instead of pussy footing and trying to avoid the barriers.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Rad Agast said:
I know this has been asked before but I don't have time to look around for it, what's the proper way of installing the second disc? should I do it first or after installing the game?
Install disc 1 on the Dashboard.

Load it up. It'll ask you if you want to install disc 2.

Say yes and follow the instructions.

cjelly said:
Install disc 1 on the Dashboard.

Load it up. It'll ask you if you want to install disc 2.

Say yes and follow the instructions.

I wouldnt install disc 1.

Had trouble with Disc 2 being detected when I installed disc 1 first.

What I ended up doing was

1.load disc 1(without installing it)
2. Install disc 2 at the prompt
3. Redeem codes for download
4.Install Disc 1 while the extra tracks/cars were downloading.

I was stressing out when Disc 2 wouldnt get detected.

Please FFS! don't add New York and Sebring in the next game. There are LOT of other tracks that disc space can be used for. I cringe everytime they come up. I rather even race Silverstone marathons :(

btw, thanks for who ever put up a Ferrari FXX with Brawn GP livery in the auction for 330,00 credits. Season 4 is a lot easier now :)

Amalfi coast in a Z06 with no assists proved interesting against Hard AI. Let's just say "rubbin's racin"

Google

Ultimo hombre said:
Please FFS! don't add New York and Sebring in the next game.

Agreed.

Cant fucking stand Sebring, and New York is just a waste of time...

Would like a Brands Hatch or something similiar. Something fast a flowing.

Yoritomo

Ultimo hombre said:
Please FFS! don't add New York and Sebring in the next game. There are LOT of other tracks that disc space can be used for. I cringe everytime they come up. I rather even race Silverstone marathons :(

btw, thanks for who ever put up a Ferrari FXX with Brawn GP livery in the auction for 330,00 credits. Season 4 is a lot easier now :)

Amalfi coast in a Z06 with no assists proved interesting against Hard AI. Let's just say "rubbin's racin"

Bah, I love new york.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ultimo hombre said:
:lol :lol

One of my friends was complaining the other day because Sebring never pops up in an online game. He said 'it's my favourite track!'

Fucking hell. :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yoritomo said:
Bah, I love new york.

i actually do like the updated one, but the original, without chicanes, is painful :/

silverstone isnt bad though

skyfinch

I hope they bring back Forza 1 tracks for DLC. There were a lot of them. Toyko, Blue Mountain, the one Shipside harbor track, Rio (I think it was). I went back and played Forza 1 on the weekend and these tracks still look damn good. These tracks with a 60fps upgrade, updated textures and new lighting would put Forza 3 over the top.

skyfinch said:
I hope they bring back Forza 1 tracks for DLC. There were a lot of them. Toyko, Blue Mountain, the one Shipside harbor track, Rio (I think it was). I went back and played Forza 1 on the weekend and these tracks still look damn good. These tracks with a 60fps upgrade, updated textures and new lighting would put Forza 3 over the top.
Fuck yes this! Tokyo was awesome, Blue Mountain was great for medium powered cars and had that nice wavey straight which gave people motion sickness, there was also that pine raceway (forget it's name right this moment) which had a great layout also.

Hm, the docks would be good if they could make it loop or longer, one point to point layout can get boring after a few weeks of mastering it so it would need some extra strings or variations.

Note all point to point tracks in F3 are in fact loops cut up, maybe it's an engine thing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
skyfinch said:

and make all of those HUGE tracks with p2p stages ala amalfi and kaido *dreams

skyfinch said:
I've thought the same thing several times. I want Rio and Tokyo back!

Jinjo

Lucius86 said:
I have actually just gone off and spent 500,00 credits purely for upgrading a few cars for online play.

It doesn't necessarily work - I upgraded my Lotus Exige for the Amalfi circuit to bring it up to a top end A-class - in the end everyone was 2-3 seconds faster than me per lap, and were it not for the first corner pile-up with the other 7 cars I would have probably come 6-7th.

Instead I somehow managed to hang on to 3rd - I was so proud of myself!!!!

The car just oversteered constantly going into the higher speed corners, and the upgraded engine took some getting used to with the throttle!!!

But this is what I am loving with this game - even though I race to win, I don't always choose the best car, and that 3rd place was much more rewarding than any race I have won so far in my R8 5.2!

Yeah, I blow all my money on new upgrades mostly and liveries. I upgraded an F355 to S-class and found it not good enough (as I was expecting it to be) so I put it back to A, removed upgrades and bought new ones and now it handles great. That little adventure set me back 200.000 credits or so. Well atleast I have my first and only online racing car.:lol

lord pie

Arjen said:

When drifting rewind is your friend :D Just keep hammering away at each corner. I got 160k first attempt on fujimi doing this with my fairly average audi RS4.

Ultimo hombre said:

Sebring is the best track in the game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ExtraKr1spy said:
I wouldnt install disc 1.

Had trouble with Disc 2 being detected when I installed disc 1 first.

What I ended up doing was

1.load disc 1(without installing it)
2. Install disc 2 at the prompt
3. Redeem codes for download
4.Install Disc 1 while the extra tracks/cars were downloading.

I was stressing out when Disc 2 wouldnt get detected.
I had no issues with installing Disc 1 then installing Disc 2 in the game. Weird.

Magni

DJ_Lae said:
There's definitely a huge sense of accomplishment when nailing perfect laps and races with the assists off.

For someone planning on easing themselves into it, I'd turn off the assists in this order:

-Autobrake (if anyone uses this to begin with)
-Stability control
-Traction control
-Full line (braking line is plenty sufficient in most cases)
-ABS
-Braking line (make sure you learn the markers for braking on each corner first, whether they're actual markers, fenceposts, shadows, skid marks, or whatever)
-Auto
-Clutch

I like racing with the clutch off but it feels too awkward for general use, so I usually keep it on. It's especially awkward with the wheel.

AI difficulty is more personal preference than anything. No sense racing on hard when you're trying to learn how to control the car with assists off.

Hmm, I've been driving manual since my second time going through FM2's career, but I've yet to turn off ABS and the braking line except on ovals =(
I turned clutch on right away, and drive without TCS most of the time (stock Corvettes =/), but I can't get rid of that braking line..

Ultimo hombre said:
And with that, you have the worst taste on gaf.
No way sebring is awesome, it's much nicer to race on in forza 3 with the more grippy tyres then it was in forza 2, and that makes it so much nicer.

Falagard

Diablohead said:
No way sebring is awesome, it's much nicer to race on in forza 3 with the more grippy tyres then it was in forza 2, and that makes it so much nicer.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people have a problem with Sebring - there are far more annoying tracks than that one, and in fact it's one of the few tracks that I can drive without forgetting where the nasty corners are.

Sorry If this has been addressed but had a quick scan over the last 2 pages and a quick search to no avail ( bad choice of tags by myself )

Can I play cat and mouse or tag without being in a party :( , any public way of finding games ?

imtehman

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
I had no issues with installing Disc 1 then installing Disc 2 in the game. Weird.

i had issues.

my problem was i installed disc 1 and disc 2 to the hard drive FIRST then when the prompt came up to install disc 2 with the british announcer, nothing would happen.

So what i did was delete both installs from my hard drive, then it all worked gravy, then installed disc 1 again.

minor gripes but damn it was annoying

HokieJoe

Sephiroth said:
I bought the game a few days ago and I still suck at it. Any tips for a Forza noob?

What others have said about using the assists.

I also think you'll find it instructional to hire a driver for some of your tracks. Watch how the hired driver lines up the corners and brakes. Also notice how the tires make no screeching noise going thru corners.

For instance, you could hire a driver for Silverstone or Sedona. Let it finish the race, then race the track again in Event mode.

HokieJoe

Iknos said:
I'm trying to make the definitive PGR-esque Cat and Mouse variant.

Tried the one in FM3 and the rules are a bit different than how I played it back in the day when I played PGR2 online where the rules were made up really. Never played PGR3/4 C&M but I figured the rules would have been the same.

The rules we played with in PGR2 were:

-Mice are Mini Coopers
-Cats were Enzos
-First mouse to cross the line wins it for the team

You can change the rules in FM3 to make it much like that. My question is...would the mode I mentioned be popular with the FM3 audience or will they prefer the one that is default in FM3?

What do you guys think makes a definitive C&M mode?

I'm thinking New York would be a great C&M track because it's like a bobsled track the way it is enclosed. No grassy areas to get caught up on.

Maybe we can make one up using our collective brainpowers, call it the NeoGAF C&M racetype and post it here along with some custom cat and mouse liveries:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3162606.aspx

Yeah, I was thinking NYC, Sunset Peninsula, or maybe even Mugello. Basically any track that's a good mix of wide open track and some tight turns.

HokieJoe

Google said:
Agreed.

Cant fucking stand Sebring, and New York is just a waste of time...

Would like a Brands Hatch or something similiar. Something fast a flowing.

I'd trade NYC for Brands Hatch for sure. I like Sebring though.

HokieJoe

Diablohead said:
Fuck yes this! Tokyo was awesome, Blue Mountain was great for medium powered cars and had that nice wavey straight which gave people motion sickness, there was also that pine raceway (forget it's name right this moment) which had a great layout also.

Hm, the docks would be good if they could make it loop or longer, one point to point layout can get boring after a few weeks of mastering it so it would need some extra strings or variations.

Note all point to point tracks in F3 are in fact loops cut up, maybe it's an engine thing.

Yep, I loved Tokyo, Blue Mtn, and Alpine Ring. I kinda' miss Rio as well.

imtehman said:
i had issues.
my problem was i installed disc 1 and disc 2 to the hard drive FIRST then when the prompt came up to install disc 2 with the british announcer, nothing would happen.
So what i did was delete both installs from my hard drive, then it all worked gravy, then installed disc 1 again.
minor gripes but damn it was annoying

Had this same deal. Installed both discs from dashboard, then the British dude asked me to insert disc 2 on the initial startup and then he started cussing at me in an odd English brogue.

Kinda wish they'd put a stickie on disc 2 that said "do not install from dashboard."

All I could picture was like a USB device that said "DO NOT CONNECT DEVICE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO!" and thinking that now my 360 was gonna be bricked. :lol

Anyway, all smooth sailing from there. Now I just gotta figure a way to justify having a racing wheel.

Rad Agast

So I installed it the way cjelly recommended and it all was fine. The driving feels so good with the wireless wheel. Tried the Porsche GT2 on Amalfi coast right after driving a Focus for a few races, that didn't go so well. Switched back to the AE86 and that made the track feel so fun (the final corner is just amazing when you get it right).

I'm on Live silver right now but am seriously considering upgrading to gold just for this game. I need to figure out how I'm going to have time to finish Borderlands, Dragon Age and the new GTAIV stuff this holiday season.

Che, quick question if you're still around. Can we use the multi-screen setup with different region 360s? or do they all have to be from the same region?

Jube3

Unicorn cars are up on the AH
Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe '69, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '01, and Subaru S204.

Im gonna go heavy on these! The SS will be mine lol

Kawasaki

The old new york circuit was fine, at least for the guys who were used to running muscle cars. The new one is just awful, only driven it once online, because everyone wants to skip it.

Whats bothering me about the tracks is the fact that I'm running the same tracks as I did in Forza 2. In Forza 2 I prefered road atlanta / sebring / new york / nordschleife, because they suited my 987hp camaro. I'd like to play on the new tracks, but every lobby is just the same road america (yay), road atlanta (argh), silverstone(decent) and so on. I've had one race at amalfi coast in 3 days and one race at the full version of le-mans. Lost count on those old tracks. No races at maple leaf valley which is one of my favorites.

Jube3 said:
Unicorn cars are up on the AH
Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe '69, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '01, and Subaru S204.

Im gonna go heavy on these! The SS will be mine lol
I don't think I'm even going to try. :p

Top Bottom