• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Doodis

Jube3 said:
Unicorn cars are up on the AH
Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe '69, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '01, and Subaru S204.

Im gonna go heavy on these! The SS will be mine lol
Can someone explain unicorn cars to me?

Fox Mulder

Psychotext said:
I don't think I'm even going to try. :p

I was only able to get two of them in Forza 2. They're usually out of the price range of most people though. The awesome painters and tuners get their cash, but then there were the people using the money glitch that jacked the forza 2 economy all up. The same will probably be true in this game eventually.

I always thought they should just give them a fixed price and release them at random times, it would be better than how they did it in Forza 2.

ExtraKr1spy said:
only unicorn I got in FM2 was the Evo 6 TME from being chosen as one of the winners for T10's photo of the week contests way back
3 of the unicorn cars came with the EU limited edition so I think there was only 2 car's I never had, lol.

Iknos

enzo_gt said:
I recall 911 GT1s and CLK GTR's being used frequently as well, more than the Enzo in fact. But the Speed 12 not so much. I'd still choose the Enzo though. If theres any way I can download this gametype or get in on these games, I'm in on this :D

I'll post the full rules here and we'll test it out and then submit it to T10 if it is great fun.

HokieJoe said:
Yeah, I was thinking NYC, Sunset Peninsula, or maybe even Mugello. Basically any track that's a good mix of wide open track and some tight turns.

Noted and I agree.

Ultimo hombre said:
Please FFS! don't add New York and Sebring in the next game. There are LOT of other tracks that disc space can be used for. I cringe everytime they come up.

I don't mind those tracks at all. They provide a different experience and I like the variety. Both are very flat tracks. One has no off-road areas so you have to be mindful of not rubbing the walls. Sebring is fairly high speed in some sections.

Sebring is great with LMPs. Maybe you guys are experiencing it with lower class cars and the long straights as well as the flat corners means a slow race with those sorts of cars. With LMPs where you can hug the corners even if they're flat and scream down the long straights it's great.

But when disc space is an issue I suppose removing the least popular might make some sense. At the same time they way the 2nd disc install worked out I think it turned out ok.

Variety is a good thing and it's pretty obvious that Sebring and NY are quite different than the norm. I'm for them.

Back to the Cat & Mouse mode...take a look at this and tell me what you guys think especially if you've played it back in the PGR2 days.

PGR-esque Cat & Mouse Mode

Rules
Game Type: Cat & Mouse
Environment: NYC/Sunset Peninsula/Mugello
Track: Any variation from the above locations
Max Players: 8
Max AI Players: 0
Laps: 2
Damage Difficulty: Cosmetic
Collision Mode: Always On
Number of Teams: 2
End of Race Timer: 0:05

Advanced Rules
Scoring Type: Time Based
Bigger Is Better: No
Compare Best Lap Scores: No
End Condition: Number of Laps
Laps: 2
Grid Ordering: PI
Ascending: No
Per-car roll-off delay: 0s
Number of Player Groups: 2
Tag Enabled: No
Number of heats: 1

Overrides
Force stock upgrades and tuning: Yes
Force off suggested line: Yes
Force off autobrake: Yes
Force off ABS: Yes
Force off STM: Yes
Force off TCS: Yes
Force manual transmission: No
Force camera view: No
Display wrong way indicator: Yes

Mouse Restrictions
Group Name: Mouse
Roll off delay: 0s
Can start final countdown: Yes
min players: 1
max players: 1
Allow upgrades: No
Car Class: Any
Performance Index (greater than): Any
Performance Index (less than): Any
Power (greater than): Any
Power (less than): Any
Curb weight (greater than): Any
Curb weight (less than): Any
Year (great than): Any
Year (less than): Any
Body Style Family: Any
Car type: Any
Region: Any
Make: MINI
Model Family: Any
Model: MINI Cooper '03
Drive type: Any
Engine Placement: Any
Engine Configuration: Any
Cylinders: Any
Aspiration: Any
Power Handicap: 0%
Front grip handicap: 0%
Rear grip handicap: 0%

Cat Restrictions
Group Name: Cat
Roll off delay: 5s
Can start final countdown: No
min players: 1
max players: 8
Allow upgrades: No
Car Class: Any
Performance Index (greater than): Any
Performance Index (less than): Any
Power (greater than): Any
Power (less than): Any
Curb weight (greater than): Any
Curb weight (less than): Any
Year (great than): Any
Year (less than): Any
Body Style Family: Any
Car type: Any
Region: Any
Make: Ferrari
Model Family: Any
Model: Enzo Ferrari
Drive type: Any
Engine Placement: Any
Engine Configuration: Any
Cylinders: Any
Aspiration: Any
Power Handicap: 0%
Front grip handicap: 0%
Rear grip handicap: 0%

Ziploc

Neo Member
I came across a really annoying bug today.

My Toyota Altezza's rear view mirror is, uh, mirrored. So when a car passes me on the right. The rear view shows me him passing on the left.

What?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diablo, your GAF GTR is awesome. Muchos props on that livery man.

And Iknos ^ end of race timer only 5s? I played a bit of C&M on the Ring but I'm not sure if many people would find it fun like that, with the large gaps between mice. And shouldn't both the cat and mouse be up to 4 players each? Or is this per team?

ecnal

wow, so i need to save like 3+ million credits to be able to grab some of these unicorn cars...

do these cars become easier to get over time?

Jube3

ecnal said:
wow, so i need to save like 3+ million credits to be able to grab some of these unicorn cars...

do these cars become easier to get over time?

Depends on how frequent these cars are put up this time around but most likely they stay the same price. The final price isnt even known for these. One is up to 13 mill and theres 3 hours left. Im waiting to SNIPE! lol

Jube3 said:
Depends on how frequent these cars are put up this time around but most likely they stay the same price. The final price isnt even known for these. One is up to 13 mill and theres 3 hours left. Im waiting to SNIPE! lol
daaaamn Jube you must be loaded up the wazoo in Cr.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jube3 said:
Can you lend me 10mil?

You know I'm good for it

Iknos

enzo_gt said:
Diablo, your GAF GTR is awesome. Muchos props on that livery man.

And Iknos ^ end of race timer only 5s? I played a bit of C&M on the Ring but I'm not sure if many people would find it fun like that, with the large gaps between mice. And shouldn't both the cat and mouse be up to 4 players each? Or is this per team?

Well the way we played in the PGR2 days was that when a mouse crossed the line it was game over. The first one to finish wins it for their team. The rest of the race didn't matter.

There is 1 mouse per team. The rest are cats trying to slow them down.

Maybe the way we played it back then has completely changed since. That's what I'm trying to figure out here. The default FM3 C&M rules seem very different to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Iknos said:
Well the way we played in the PGR2 days was that when a mouse crossed the line it was game over. The first one to finish wins it for their team. The rest of the race didn't matter.

There is 1 mouse per team. The rest are cats trying to slow them down.

Maybe the way we played it back then has completely changed since. That's what I'm trying to figure out here. The default FM3 C&M rules seem very different to me.

Suppose that works too, I think I've only played that 'version' a few times and just thought the host was trying to get on with it.

Also, I just bought an Enzo for 1.3 mill off the auction house, which is the same as the price if you normally buy it in store. Except its got 200k's worth of parts in it. Feels good. Win? Win. :D

Ouch 48k credits left :(

Jube3

Diablohead said:
daaaamn Jube you must be loaded up the wazoo in Cr.
Im sitting at 24 mill right now but I can sell some cars If I have to! lol I want that camaro really badly. The other 2 Ill try for but im determined to get that camaro

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jube3 said:
Im sitting at 24 mill right now but I can sell some cars If I have to! lol I want that camaro really badly. The other 2 Ill try for but im determined to get that camaro

Holy crap! What level are you in season play?

Jube3

Won 2 out of 3! The mazda went too high was a million short, will be back tommorow that was intense haha. I was multitasking like 10 auctions lol.

Foob

this might have been talked about, but what the fuck at not allowing us to select c/b class races - is that an option that's going to be added in down the road?

edit - whoops just read the last few pages. fucking christ this is stupid

Jube3

Foob said:
this might have been talked about, but what the fuck at not allowing us to select c/b class races - is that an option that's going to be added in down the road?

edit - whoops just read the last few pages. fucking christ this is stupid

They change the playlists like Halo so im guessing it will be rotated stuff .

I can't seems to find setting for Fanatec wheel. It seems that the wheel is "auto" support when the game detect the wheel but there's no configuration like MS wheel or MS controller pad, which is pretty lame consider it is the "official Forza 3 wheel".

The lack of any type of documentation for the wheel doesn't help, though leaving it at default setting seems to work ok, though I did lower the force feedback as it is very strong.

The wheel support 900 degree, but I am not sure if Forza 3 support this mode, take a lot more wheel turn to turn the car in this mode, so I left it at 270 may be someone who has more knowledge about wheel setting can fill me in on the benefit of setting it to 900.

The brake lock up is very nice but it's hardware only so you are going to either arbitary set some number or actually test the car you are going to drive and see when the brake lock up and set the number ... software support would be nice.

Clutch work really well after I get used to it and it's feel almost like real car clutch.

blanky

aarghhhhh frustraaatioonnn. They realllllly should have killed the wheel moving during rewind, it is pointless as it does the exact opposite from what you did (turns left when you turned right) and the rumble, dear god the rumble! I was starting to feel embarrassed that people might think I'd have a dildo here going crazy. Of course they only reason I was spamming the rewind is to get 100.000 drift points, and guess what 94.000 :)

On the positive side, sold 40 designs over the weekend, so a nice bonus when i logged back in. Able to tune my ZR1 to some more grip on my own. However, having the Veyron in S class is annoying, and having anything above A class on Amalfi is just plain cruel. No fun anymore. Like driving a lorry on Tsukuba Short =/

Guess that will be all for atleast a week, back to work unfortunately. Oh and final gripe, some R class cars lacking a functional dashboard at all. I was really enjoying driving clean in my Panoz reading off my digital dash there, then I'd finally get my C6 GT1 and fail! no working dash! nor in the GT-R as mentioned before. Kinda sucks, not a bad problem, but just annoying. Hope if the GT2 version of the C6 comes they'll have a working dash, can't really imagine why these cars don't have a working one either. ah well.

Still an amazingly deep and satisfying game. Wish I had more time.

Iknos

antiquegamer said:
I can't seems to find setting for Fanatec wheel. It seems that the wheel is "auto" support when the game detect the wheel but there's no configuration like MS wheel or MS controller pad, which is pretty lame consider it is the "official Forza 3 wheel".

The lack of any type of documentation for the wheel doesn't help, though leaving it at default setting seems to work ok, though I did lower the force feedback as it is very strong.

The wheel support 900 degree, but I am not sure if Forza 3 support this mode, take a lot more wheel turn to turn the car in this mode, so I left it at 270 may be someone who has more knowledge about wheel setting can fill me in on the benefit of setting it to 900.

The brake lock up is very nice but it's hardware only so you are going to either arbitary set some number or actually test the car you are going to drive and see when the brake lock up and set the number ... software support would be nice.

Clutch work really well after I get used to it and it's feel almost like real car clutch.

I got a few questions for you but at the same time I want you to finish your term paper. :lol

Anyone else playing with the wheel?

Keikoku

Banned
Free DLC coming november 17th :

fm3_genesis_rmr_10.jpg

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/11/03/hyundai-genesis-coupe-coming-to-forza-3-for-free/

TTG

Diablohead said:
Car's which are rares, you can only gain them by buying them on the AH or winning one in some sort of giveaway by turn10.

That's where the LP560, Zonda R, Ascari, CCX and Nissan GTR are right? right? :lol

Brakara

blanky said:
aarghhhhh frustraaatioonnn. They realllllly should have killed the wheel moving during rewind, it is pointless as it does the exact opposite from what you did (turns left when you turned right) and the rumble, dear god the rumble! I was starting to feel embarrassed that people might think I'd have a dildo here going crazy. Of course they only reason I was spamming the rewind is to get 100.000 drift points, and guess what 94.000 :)

Why didn't you just use the controller? There's no way I'm using the wheel when I'm going for that achievement.

What's up with multiplayer? I never had trouble getting into a game in Forza 2 but I just tried "quick play" (since it had the most people playing...like around 400 or so) and it would just throw me into an empty lobby. I waited for what seemed like an eternity and no one would join. On top of that I was messing around with "game settings" and it wouldn't let me change any of the options.

I can't really judge it yet since it's damn early in the morning (at least for us Americans) so I'd imagine more people would be playing at peak hours, but so far I'm pretty disappointed with the multiplayer. What angers me the most (besides not getting into a game after 20 minutes of trying) is that they don't have any class specific searches under A class. B and C class was my favorite class to race in Forza 2... so sucks for me.

Other than that, Forza 3 is awesome and I should probably spend more time playing and less time editing livery and tuning.

DarkJC

MisterAnderson said:
What's up with multiplayer? I never had trouble getting into a game in Forza 2 but I just tried "quick play" (since it had the most people playing...like around 400 or so) and it would just throw me into an empty lobby. I waited for what seemed like an eternity and no one would join. On top of that I was messing around with "game settings" and it wouldn't let me change any of the options.

I can't really judge it yet since it's damn early in the morning (at least for us Americans) so I'd imagine more people would be playing at peak hours, but so far I'm pretty disappointed with the multiplayer. What angers me the most (besides not getting into a game after 20 minutes of trying) is that they don't have any class specific searches under A class. B and C class was my favorite class to race in Forza 2... so sucks for me.

Other than that, Forza 3 is awesome and I should probably spend more time playing and less time editing livery and tuning.

I personally have never used quick play so I'm not sure about issues with that, but the issues with nothing under A class have been heard by Turn 10. They have the ability to change matchmaking hoppers...but the demand for classes under A has only been growing stronger since launch it seems and there's still no adjustments. =/

edit: To change the "game settings" you can only do so in a private match, no custom public matches like there were in Forza 2

blanky

Brakara said:
Why didn't you just use the controller? There's no way I'm using the wheel when I'm going for that achievement.

Yeah thought about that afterwards, maybe I should. Still wonder why the wheel has to react during the rewind, it's not like it has to be a fixed position when you press A again, it moves freely so you can whatever you want. I hope they'll take it out, but I doubt it.

Really cool DLC, though technically only one car still very neat and free!

lord pie

Ultimo hombre said:
Please FFS! don't add New York and Sebring in the next game. There are LOT of other tracks that disc space can be used for. I cringe everytime they come up.

I actually really like the new New York layout - with the tire chicanes. Taking them at high speed becomes incredibly risky, and if you screw it up, it's either a horrible accident or you're on two wheels.
It's a hell of a lot more exciting than the old layout. :D

lil smoke

Banned
Anyone here interested in F/D/E/B class racing/tuning/driving/cruising/practicing?

I haven't been able to get a good race in MP obviously, well I had one or 2 but they were R1 class. I don't drive beyond S.

I live on the east coast, so preferably peeps near my time zone who play Forza almost everyday.

I like to drive classics cars, muscle cars, luxury cars, and the odd S tuned D class is always fun. I also like the Viper ACR, L. Countach, various other cars that no one else drives. (isn't it funny that everyone goes bananas over 400 cars, yet no one uses em) I am not obsessed with lap times or winning, getting 3rd-4th place in a Rover against top A class is much more satisfying for me. We're just having fun here.

I like the nurburgring, Fujimi, Road America, road tracks. Don't mind rubbin and racing, but do not like, repeat do not like to be hit out of control. If you are really bad, I will try to help you sort out your braking points, but I'm no Forza master myself. However I will slow down and lose before taking anyone out. Overall, no skill requirement, you have to want to be a clean driver tho.

Thanks for reading. If there are any few people on this thread interested, send me a PM.

Hawk SE

So I'm Level 37, got the Ferrari FXX at 35.

I'm in the R3 Championship. I was using a Ferrari F430 GT - switched to the FXX and it's like having a cheat code enabled...

bedlamite

Yeah I switched back to the Rahal M3 because the FXX was just blowing away everything else in the R3 class. I'm still not sure why T10 needed to bump up the super-supercars into the R-classes.

kinn

antiquegamer said:

I would like to know this as well (atlthough my wheel probably wont come until mid December).

DarkJC said:
They have the ability to change matchmaking hoppers...but the demand for classes under A has only been growing stronger since launch it seems and there's still no adjustments. =/

Yes, this really is very weird. Any logical thought would lead to the conclusion that just after release most people would mainly like to race in the lower classes, and yet the only online races available are for class A and higher. And how could anyone think that a playlist for "any class" is useful?

erahk64

kinn said:
I would like to know this as well (atlthough my wheel probably wont come until mid December).

There is a change up to 900 degrees after setting
"steering axis deadzone inside" to 0 % and
"steering axis deadzone outside" to 100 %
in "Advanced options" in Forza 3.

I prefer 540 degrees but I have seen posts
by people in other forums which prefer 900 degrees
in Forza 3.

erahk64

Iknos said:
I got a few questions for you but at the same time I want you to finish your term paper. :lol

Anyone else playing with the wheel?

I have used the wheel a few hours, maybe I can answer your questions.

Kawasaki

Racing online with collisions is just awful. Racing in iRacing has made my expectations grow too high I guess. When you pass guys on a short straight and are just ahead, you check your side and see nothing. BAM, the guy hits you when you turn in. I CAN'T SEE YOU, give me room to turn in.

Teamkillers have some serious competition as the most annoying type of player in online gaming. Some badger guys just:
1. Tried to vote me out of a lobby when he had just joined, just because my rank is veteran.
2. Ofcourse he drove an Audi, what a huge supprise. ( Older pic as an example: http://www.cc.puv.fi/~e0500534/k45/f3_r8_ylivoimaa.jpg )
3. When I was clearly ahead, he just ran to my back at the next corner so I spun.

Oh and you better bring back the lower car classes quickly or the online community will die. I hate R4-R1 cars, because we have other games for those cars. Tuned stock cars are what forza is supposed to be, for me at least. S-class cars are bloody expensive so I don't want to race them. A-class is just a race between the Audi hacks, some good drivers and beginners who don't have any cars.

What does the little green dot next to your GT in a lobby mean?

ryencool

want to beat the audis in a class? I have a tune/set up for the gallardo (I know it is basiclly an r8) that has been trouncing people all day. They are the same platform but I believe the lambo has better handling. The r8 still pulls a tad on straights but just fails in the turns against the gallardo I built. Will have a tune on the storefront tonight. Also will put up some pre tuned on the AH. Just search Ryencool Gallardo

right now its AWD but im gonna work on a RWD one as well. just depends on how it does against the audis.

Kawasaki

Well beating R8 drivers isn't really the problem for me. I just think that its dumb that a game has 400 cars and 50% of the players are using the same R8 or maybe an S5 for all their online gaming.

With collisions you pretty much have 2 choices, a car that acceletes very slowly of the line so you are last to arrive at the first corner, or a high power AWD car so you are far enough ahead to avoid it everyone else.

Yoritomo

Kawasaki said:
Well beating R8 drivers isn't really the problem for me. I just think that its dumb that a game has 400 cars and 50% of the players are using the same R8 or maybe an S5 for all their online gaming.

With collisions you pretty much have 2 choices, a car that acceletes very slowly of the line so you are last to arrive at the first corner, or a high power AWD car so you are far enough ahead to avoid it everyone else.

S5 of IS-F for A Class
Viper ACR 08 for S class
Viper ACR 08 for R3 class
Downgraded Mazda #16 for R2

The game has 4 cars in multiplayer online or leaderboards above A class.....

I really really really hate being forced to drive AWD cars online. Then again in most online matches I don't really have to. I won't get in the top 50 leaderboard times in A or S class without using an AWD car though. The FXX can do the job in R3.

I really really don't understand why AWD with the same power and weight is considered lower PI than a RWD car. It completely breaks those upper classes where there's a larger traction limitation on a RWD car during acceleration.

Just reached Level 50. Halfway into Season 5(thankfully Catalunya and Silverstone are done with). 29.5% Done, 323/323 raes won. Playing on Medium with all assist except ABS off seems to be the perfect difficulty for me. Havent won a clean race by more than 3 seconds. I won by a lap when M. Rossi tried to go side by side with me into the the last chicane on the back straight of New York Full and caused a huge accident with all the AI cars.

Turn10 should give all AWD cars a +20PI or something, they dominate and ruin the point of the other cars online.

But still, I push my BMW M3 to it's A class limit and I love it.

Kawasaki said:
What does the little green dot next to your GT in a lobby mean?
It means the users car has a custom paint job, and it appears once your 360 has downloaded it to see in game.

Diablohead said:
Turn10 should give all AWD cars a +20PI or something, they dominate and ruin the point of the other cars online.

I hated it in FM2, I only ever could win with the 4wd 911.

My theory is that 4wd cars have effective traction control on even if you turn it off.

Yoritomo

jakonovski said:
I hated it in FM2, I only ever could win with the 4wd 911.

My theory is that 4wd cars have effective traction control on even if you turn it off.

Nah, the PI system is just completely out of wack when it comes to AWD cars. You can get on the throttle much harder, and much earlier in an AWD car than in a High powered RWD.

An equivalent weight vehicle with the same power has a LOWER PI than a RWD version of that same car. That's ludicrous.

Top Bottom