• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I am very new to ForzaGAF so I would love to join in, and meet some folks! My GT is VirtualxRacer

Got your message yesterday night. Added you before a race and you became my super evil rival of doom. Ran the race and saw your ranking on the track versus what I received... I must commit ritual suicide for my failure to beat you.

I played Forza 1-3 skipped four and all I can say is the rival system is brilliant. I cannot wait for the next Forza.

Oh and on a side note they have my first car in the game... 1985 Mazda RX-7. I know it isn't really a bad ass car compared to other elite offerings, but honestly every 16 year old with a licenses should have the amazing honor to drive such a wicked piece of history as a roadster and first car.

I think we should do what we discussed doing for the Miata season. Everyone does Time Trials first and then the slower people are matched with the faster people. Should keep the racing a bit closer that way.

We could also just all pick Dodge Mopar vehicles race the Ring backwards as a demolition derby for 3 laps then turn around and race 3 regular laps and whomever wins that picks the teams.

Actually that idea is really stupid. I think yours is much better.

Yo Crude, you down for some Formula Ford action? You and SoundScream can be on a team!
tumblr_mczr9ibiq81ri87b4o1_1280.jpg

Spades

can i have one?

Done, 1 spot left!

Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll

I was thinking about randomly giving 6 people a number and then asking the other 6 to pick a number so you're responsible for your own team-mate fate to a degree! :)

Time of day setting was great for the 'ring, really didn't want another overcast one.

Wonder where we go from here, seems crazy to give away another laserscanned circuit after the last two, as nice as it would be, Forza 6 needs to be so much bigger than 5.

I have to be honest, the ring look sand feels amazing. best version I have ever seen.
It doesn't feel as thin and dangerous as the GT5 version to me, but I keep flying off the track all the same. I'm guessing its some minor FOV difference making the F5 version seem wider than it actually plays.

The time of day and weather choice really is so much better than previous versions too - them God rays are so nice.

Probably the fov, it's a bit on the wide side for my liking. Cockpit's and bonnet are ok but bumper isn't great.

Are there no video comparisons of GT's vs F5's ring yet?

Cyros

Done, 1 spot left!

Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll

I was thinking about randomly giving 6 people a number and then asking the other 6 to pick a number so you're responsible for your own team-mate fate to a degree! :)

New guy here (1st post), and I'd like to join in.

GT - EtherealVortex

Well, finally got to drive the Formula Ford. Quite exciting, though like the original pair of modern Indy cars, stalls on the line.

Had a weird bug last night: earned -1 XP when I won a split-screen race against my partner.

Probably the fov, it's a bit on the wide side for my liking. Cockpit's and bonnet are ok but bumper isn't great.

Are there no video comparisons of GT's vs F5's ring yet?

Isn't that kind of pointless since its laser scanned. One might prefer the GT version, but the Forza version is more accurate hands down.

Mascot

Its been selling for like 80-100 cheaper then launch price for a few months. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 275-250 for holiday sales.

I need to hang in there at least until a GOTY version is released with all DLC integrated.
Must. Be. Strong.

The pull of that glorious 'Ring though... My God it looks magnificent.

Spades

Are there any spots left?

Cyros just beat you to it dude, but knowing what we're like we won't have 12 come race day. I'll put you on the reserves list.

Here we go:
Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll
Cyros

Reserves:
Code:
SarBear
CrudeDiatribe

I'll announce the teams later, I'll think of something to randomise it.

lem0n

Got your message yesterday night. Added you before a race and you became my super evil rival of doom. Ran the race and saw your ranking on the track versus what I received... I must commit ritual suicide for my failure to beat you.

I played Forza 1-3 skipped four and all I can say is the rival system is brilliant. I cannot wait for the next Forza.

Oh and on a side note they have my first car in the game... 1985 Mazda RX-7. I know it isn't really a bad ass car compared to other elite offerings, but honestly every 16 year old with a licenses should have the amazing honor to drive such a wicked piece of history as a roadster and first car.

Oh man, outstanding. Hahaha! Rivals is my very favorite thing to do in this game... I have friends that I consider my own evil rivals of doom, so I feel your pain. I'm just glad you're racing my ghost rather than my Drivatar. I've heard he's quite the prick. Which is funny because I don't drive like that at all, I'm a very clean racer when possible.

Speaking of first cars, they have a version of my first car in here too- the Mercedes 190e Cosworth. It's awesome driving cars in games where they feel sort of familiar... I always drive a red 1st gen Miata in the game for this reason, as that's my daily driver now :)

Cyros just beat you to it dude, but knowing what we're like we won't have 12 come race day. I'll put you on the reserves list.

Here we go:
Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll
Cyros

Reserves:
Code:
SarBear
CrudeDiatribe

I'll announce the teams later, I'll think of something to randomise it.

Why are we doing 12 instead of 16?

Spades

Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll
Cyros
SarBear
CrudeDiatribe

OK! 2 more spots left!

Devildoll

Oh man, outstanding. Hahaha! Rivals is my very favorite thing to do in this game... I have friends that I consider my own evil rivals of doom

yeah... one time i destroyed a 360 controller over a rivals event.

I had one friend on my friends-list that i couldn't beat.
The 360 pad i was using was getting old, and sometimes pulled to the left when untoched.
It was on the Minneapolis circuit, with the Corvette ZR1 for Forza 4 i believe.
I ran like 40 laps each during 3 sessions, and then i finally had my buddy, but i spun out at the last bend.

it resulted in a broken controller

I had just bought a 360 wireless for pc kit the other week, and you could only get those with a controller, so luckily i had a brand new one on hand,
When i used the new one i beat my buddy in a couple of laps, so.... the old controller was obviously the issue and deserved its fate ;)

Rivals and leaderboards does give the game so much more meaning though!

p3tran

Banned
so I tried the formula ford, its nice :)

here's a small clip of the downgraded to A class version I fixed. still pretty fun to drive :)
I also put the tune file up if anyone wants to try it
clip

ps. mascot, it does compute. nextgen triggers and all dat :D and you still have your options open ;)

Top Bottom