• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Hawk269

Woooooo, finally got my VIP status, tokens and the Lotus F1 car.

Me too! They finally fixed this for all of us that have had problems since day 1. My only gripe and it is a big one, the 2xExperience was not retro-active which kind of blows. I bought the game at launch and pretty much play daily at various amounts of time and I thought since it was a screw up that they would give us the retro XP that we missed out on during the whole time.

Very glad it is fixed though. Was very frustrating not to have the content, coins and all. It also says we get 5 exclusive cars or something. Where do we get those from?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
"in the last 24 hours, your shared designs were raced by the community. With higher community usage, your creations can earn you daily credit payouts!"

wtf. i make a design that almost against all odds makes it on some poor chaps list of designs suggested from the cloud. he/she uses it, again defying probability, and i still dont get rewarded for it? a guy like Hertz cant make money on this shitty system how could i possibly!? i admit, this system sounded good in theory and maybe parts of it can/should be used in fm6 and moving forward but this seems broken in its current system

If you're having issues make sure to use Firefox and not a WebKit based browser like Chrome or Safari. Seems the developer only tested in IE (death to IE) and Firefox. I think the Ajax calls are messed up for WebKit.

"in the last 24 hours, your shared designs were raced by the community. With higher community usage, your creations can earn you daily credit payouts!"

wtf. i make a design that almost against all odds makes it on some poor chaps list of designs suggested from the cloud. he/she uses it, again defying probability, and i still dont get rewarded for it? a guy like Hertz cant make money on this shitty system how could i possibly!? i admit, this system sounded good in theory and maybe parts of it can/should be used in fm6 and moving forward but this seems broken in its current system

Yep, it's a terrible system. There seems to be a daily minimum usage that you have to hit to even get paid, if you won't do it in 24hours then it looks like game starts another 24 hour cycle in which you again have to hit minimum usage to get paid.

Also if you gonna go into custom search the game almost every time glitches showing the same few design over and over even though you can clearly see a different creator and different rating.

Why can't we ha a storefront back? It wasn't perfect but it was way better than what we have right now.

I think I figured out why they removed the names of the engines in the engine swap section: For my starting BRZ, I am offered a 5.7L engine with 325HP/350lb-ft. Pretty sure Subaru has never offered up such engine. Pretty sure it's a LS1.

:) :) :)

_DrMario_

If you're having issues make sure to use Firefox and not a WebKit based browser like Chrome or Safari. Seems the developer only tested in IE (death to IE) and Firefox. I think the Ajax calls are messed up for WebKit.

I tried with both IE and FF. It's simply broken right now. There's a thread on their forums about it too.

saladine1

I think I figured out why they removed the names of the engines in the engine swap section: For my starting BRZ, I am offered a 5.7L engine with 325HP/350lb-ft. Pretty sure Subaru has never offered up such engine. Pretty sure it's a LS1.

:) :) :)

Well, people have been requesting cross manufacturer engine swaps for a long time. So Turn 10 obliged but obviously, they had to remove the accompanying manufacturer details for licensing reasons..

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Well, people have been requesting cross manufacturer engine swaps for a long time. So Turn 10 obliged but obviously, they had to remove the accompanying manufacturer details for licensing reasons..

They did? That's pretty cool.

If it wasn't for microtransactions, severe lack of content, poor DLC practices, removal of auction house/store front, removal of public custom lobbies and T10s refusal to add night/weather, FM5 would be near perfection.

They have fixed a lot of past game criticisms but completely fucked us over in other areas. It's truly infuriating.

I will be waiting for an "ultimate" edition if I bother with FM5.

Snubbers

Glad I kept the CSPs now.

Do you know if the guy is working on an adapter or just releasing the info?

It looks like they have released enough info for DIY'ers to 'knock' something together, but it will involve a microcontroller and some software.

The main issue is that it's a huge step to then make anything 'commercial' as you open yourself up to warranty and support...

I might knock something together using a medium sized dev board, (https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STM32-E407/). I develop on that processor at work and it's extremely powerful.. It should be easily able to connect to the CSPs using USB and then convert to analogue signals for the Thrustmaster.. it has 2 dedicated DACs, but the clutch could be driven using slightly more crude PWM..

Unless the stock TX pedals aren't as bad as they look.. I'm rather under the hammer at work at the moment, so spare time is pretty much spent on family time and the odd bit of gaming..

p3tran

Banned
So far I got nothing. If you not gonna hit certain number of daily usage (not sure how much is it) you don't get anything.

I miss storefront so much. T10 don't get it why we put free paints on the storefront in FM3 nad FM4.. We did it so people can get anything they want for free but we had the option for a donation for people that would like to support us and give us some credits if they feel like it.

We had vinyl groups for downloads with price range from 10K to 50K and if anyone would like to donate something, he would simple buy one of the donation vinyl groups and we would get the money.

So far I got nothing, can't afford a lot of cars to paint them either. If I race I don't paint, If I paint I don't make credits racing so no new cars to paint. In previous Forza games we could share logo work to speed things up, gift cars so we would buy different cars and gift them to each other so we can paint cars we don't have at the moment etc. The new system is terrible and I'm not happy with it. I'll make a few more paints and if I won't make any credits with them I'll stop making designs.

A lot of painters didn't switch to Forza 5 because of the lack of the storefront. I talk to a lot of them and they won't paint in Forza 5, if storefront isn't back they won't paint in Forza 6 either. Even if you check the paints available now it's very little good looking paints or high quality replicas, cause very few top painters switch to Forza 5 and it looks like it's gonna stay that way.

Storefront was the best option to share paints, logos and tunes, it was taken away from us and new terrible system is now in place.

wow!! I thought that me receiving these stupid messages everyday was the worst thing possible (good tunes, keep working/ good paints, kep working) and ZERO credits, or some offending amount like 3/5/7k credits.

but reading that even you are getting shit.....

**PAGING HELIOS, BADNED, DAN, EVERYBODY!!**
WE WANT THIS FIXED!
IF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE NEW CONSOLE, ONLINE SYSTEM ETC,
LET US KNOW THAT YOU ARE WORKING ON IT AND A TIME SCHEDULE.

BUT IF THIS IS HOW YOU DO ENVIZION FORZA MARKETPLACE AND FORZA ECONOMY,
FUCK YOU RIGHT NOW AND CHANGE IT ASAP!!

I WANT MY MARKETPLACE BACK. AUTOMATIC SYSTEM SUCKS BIG BALLS,
NOT ONLY FOR CREATORS (Both tuners and painters) BUT IT ALSO SUCKS FOR THE END USER, BEING A PAIN TO SEARCH AND KEEP UP WITH FAVORITE TUNER/PAINTERS.

AUTO SYSTEM IS NOT AS GOOD! OR EVEN GOOD ENOUGH! BRING BACK THE OLD STOREFRONT SYSTEM, AND BUILD FROM THERE.

AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT, EITHER DOUBLE/QUADROUPLE THE RACE PAYMENTS, OR HALF THE CAR PRICES LIKE LAST WEEKEND.

ECONOMY NOT GOOD AS IS NOW.

When H3rtz ain't getting paid then you KNOW there is a big problem.

There is no incentive for painters/designers.

Does this tie back into the credit restrictions some how? That's the only reasoning I can see for it.

Seanspeed

Banned
So far I got nothing. If you not gonna hit certain number of daily usage (not sure how much is it) you don't get anything.

I miss storefront so much. T10 don't get it why we put free paints on the storefront in FM3 nad FM4.. We did it so people can get anything they want for free but we had the option for a donation for people that would like to support us and give us some credits if they feel like it.

We had vinyl groups for downloads with price range from 10K to 50K and if anyone would like to donate something, he would simple buy one of the donation vinyl groups and we would get the money.

So far I got nothing, can't afford a lot of cars to paint them either. If I race I don't paint, If I paint I don't make credits racing so no new cars to paint. In previous Forza games we could share logo work to speed things up, gift cars so we would buy different cars and gift them to each other so we can paint cars we don't have at the moment etc. The new system is terrible and I'm not happy with it. I'll make a few more paints and if I won't make any credits with them I'll stop making designs.

A lot of painters didn't switch to Forza 5 because of the lack of the storefront. I talk to a lot of them and they won't paint in Forza 5, if storefront isn't back they won't paint in Forza 6 either. Even if you check the paints available now it's very little good looking paints or high quality replicas, cause very few top painters switch to Forza 5 and it looks like it's gonna stay that way.

Storefront was the best option to share paints, logos and tunes, it was taken away from us and new terrible system is now in place.
This pretty awful. If you're not able to make money, of all people, then who the hell can?

One of the best parts of Forza was being able to trawl through the hundreds of designs for cars and having tons of great liveries to choose from. And of course the ability for people to make 'their living' in Forza based mostly on painting or tuning was a great aspect. If that's drastically reduced, then it minimalizes two of Forza's best strengths - its customization and 'play it how you want to' gameplay.

Does this tie back into the credit restrictions some how? That's the only reasoning I can see for it.
Without a doubt.

Mascot

This pretty awful. If you're not able to make money, of all people, then who the hell can?

One of the best parts of Forza was being able to trawl through the hundreds of designs for cars and having tons of great liveries to choose from. And of course the ability for people to make 'their living' in Forza based mostly on painting or tuning was a great aspect. If that's drastically reduced, then it minimalizes two of Forza's best strengths - its customization and 'play it how you want to' gameplay.

Add it to the long list of stupid decisions that continue to alienate the fan base.
I hope Turn 10 are paying attention to this.

It's also further evidence that game developers (or, the decision-makers) don't actually play the games they make in any kind of depth.

Seanspeed

Banned
Add it to the long list of stupid decisions that continue to alienate the fan base.
I hope Turn 10 are paying attention to this.

It's also further evidence that game developers (or, the decision-makers) don't actually play the games they make in any kind of depth.
Again, I think what you're attributing to 'cluelessness' is in fact a very deliberate and thought-through decision in order to help push microtransactions.

p3tran

Banned

Without a doubt.
the same is true for tuners.
I know in forza 2 I was a BILLIONAIRE, forza 3 also, only forza 4 I cut some slack and didnot accumulate hundreds of millions or billions.
and this through my tuning files.

now, I have A FULL PAGE of system messages that "my tunes are being used by the community, and if I keep this up I might get paid."
and one time, only once, it paid me the completely ridiculous amount of ....8.000 credits. a fucking insult or what?
the parts alone I went throught to decide on a single car - single class tune are worthe north of 10 times what the stupid system paid me.
tires alone cost more than what forza "payed" me.

and I have like 5 or 6 top 50 tunes up, all with great handling.

I know pretty well how many millions would those tunes would have earned me, had the old system be in place. past experience and all that shit...

so, why the fuck should I spend time and credits on making tunes for people if I dont get my credits back and then some more?!

but I am not convinced that this is some fucked up decision to monetize.
maybe the xbox online infrastructure is not mature yet.
and this is evident in other parts of the system, outside of forza.

so, if this is the case, and until things are more mature, t10 will have to manually help things out -last weekend half price of cars was a step in the right direction, but need something without a fuckin' timer- else I see many content creators not undertaking the effort, and you dont need me to tell you what happens then....

Seanspeed

Banned
but I am not convinced that this is some fucked up decision to monetize.
maybe the xbox online infrastructure is not mature yet.
and this is evident in other parts of the system, outside of forza.

so, if this is the case, and until things are more mature, t10 will have to manually help things out -last weekend half price of cars was a step in the right direction, but need something without a fuckin' timer- else I see many content creators not undertaking the effort, and you dont need me to tell you what happens then....
Yea, maybe its not related to the monetization, but its hard to believe that considering some of the other changes.

And you're definitely spot-on that they need to do more than put a temporary bandaid on the issue.

p3tran

Banned
Yea, maybe its not related to the monetization, but its hard to believe that considering some of the other changes.

And you're definitely spot-on that they need to do more than put a temporary bandaid on the issue.
changes in the online racing part of the game too, they also aid my thinking its more of a more general online infrastructure thing. also other games have launched with sub par online features. and even vip things seem to have problem getting distributed to everyone. and thats hardly something that t10 has not done before, many times.

its ok and understandable if thats the case, day 1 system/games and all, but we DO need this to be addressed and not speculated.

saladine1

Mr. Greenawalt, tell me the truth...will you ever include night or weather in Forza Motorsport?

C'mon Mr Karate, create a Gaf account and come join the discussion with your fans. Sure, you'll probably be grilled on a few things but I'm sure you can handle it. Just use your virtual Karate chop if things get heated.

Seriously, do it..do it.

pNCeEGH.gif

Do it.

maaan i am a huge forza fan, but im in a tight situation.

i got my ps4 KZ bundle now, sold all my ps3 stuff and kept only the 360 along all the Forza's.

But now i want Forza 5, because you guys make me feel empy without it (lol) and i like what they did with it, its clearly what i wanted from 4 but never had.

BUT

GT6 came in, and theres a sweet bundle now for cheap, that nets me the game and the ps3.

Decisions decisions... :( i cant keep 3 consoles, bloody hell!

Thought I was just being ignorant, glad to see that's not the case.

Also, I'd love my menu music back, it all seems a little sterile without it. To note, I turned the ingame music off (I like the sound of my cars more) so after turning it back on 2 nights ago, I've had no menu music since. Surely this is a bug as I've not found the setting anywhere else (could just be me though).

Any tips? I noticed there was a mention about audio bugs a few pages back but can't remember if this was relating to specific engine noise etc.

There's separate options for menu and in game music isn't there?

Thanks Sal, it was late last night that I had a look but I'll look again tonight. Can say 100% though if there are separate options for menu and in-game music, I didn't turn the menu music off.

Double post, apologies.

But now i want Forza 5, because you guys make me feel empy without it (lol) and i like what they did with it, its clearly what i wanted from 4 but never had.

One thing I will say, a lot of the complaints that come from everyone is just bitching (IMO) yes they are justified complaints and rightly so because a lot of the decisions are stupid! But when it comes down to it, the actual 'in-game racing' is a massive step up from Forza 5.

Yes some big balls have been dropped, but the actual atmosphere, graphics, physics and sound, god the SOUND cannot be praised enough!

saladine1

Thought I was just being ignorant, glad to see that's not the case.

Also, I'd love my menu music back, it all seems a little sterile without it. To note, I turned the ingame music off (I like the sound of my cars more) so after turning it back on 2 nights ago, I've had no menu music since. Surely this is a bug as I've not found the setting anywhere else (could just be me though).

Any tips? I noticed there was a mention about audio bugs a few pages back but can't remember if this was relating to specific engine noise etc.

There's separate options for menu and in game music isn't there?

saladine1

Double post, apologies.

One thing I will say, a lot of the complaints that come from everyone is just bitching (IMO) yes they are justified complaints and rightly so because a lot of the decisions are stupid! But when it comes down to it, the actual 'in-game racing' is a massive step up from Forza 5.

Yes some big balls have been dropped, but the actual atmosphere, graphics, physics and sound, god the SOUND cannot be praised enough!

Oh and I agree. I fucking love the visuals, physics and sound. It's just a complete package in that regard.
The tyre and suspension model is simply astounding. So much more going on than previously. Every phenomenon feels realistic(over/under/torque steer..etc), and behaves as you would expect. Weight transfer is not only better in the way it feels and behaves, but it looks so much better too. Kerbs and the different surfaces all interact with you car amazingly well.
It seems that characteristics and behaviors pertaining to a particular car have been brought forward faithfully. The car's default factory settings are also much more realistic than before too.
It really is a satisfyingly good physics model Turn 10 have come up with.

Then you have the ever faithful upgrades, customization and tuning options. Very deep as always. Very comprehensive. Sure, even more more can be included., however, as it stands, you have a great array of performance upgrades to install and tune. Engine swaps, cam and turbo upgrades, bodykits, wheels..etc and amazing painting system. Gearing, tyre pressures, brake bias, spring rates,differential adjustments..etc....it's all there to indulge in 'till your hearts content. The paint in particular looks amazing in FM5.

The you have that glorious sound. Almost every aspect of the audio has been dramatically improved upon. Sound is usually talked about in regards to engine and exhaust notes. While FM5 certainly has trounced that part from previous games, it's always more than that. You have the turbo spools. You have the blow off valve's. You have supercharger whine of the twin screw and centrifugal varieties. You have trans whine. Not only that, those samples aren't just some generic 'whoosh' or something. Different cars have different spools. Different cars have different BOV's. There's more though. Then you get into the upgrades. Each and every 'stage' delivers even more new sound samples. So at various 'stages' you get different BOV's. Not only that, but it's also pressure sensitive and even then, the sounds behave differently too. Then you have weight reduction enhancements where stripping out the interior's sound insulation results in a more louder and aggressive cockpit.
Then you have the physics induced shifting effects from driveline flex. Shifts sound so much better now as if a human has shifted and not some robot.
Then you have the backfires and exhaust rumbles which get even more aggressive as exhausts and cams are upgraded.
Then you have the spatial sound improvement where cars can now be easily distinguished depending on their position. Interaction with other sounds as well of course. It was a much needed improvement.
Then you have suspension/chassis noise. You have cockpit filters. You have an amazing reverb system that isn't limited to tunnels. Noise bounces off most things and that's simulated in FM5. Then you have the exquisite tyre sounds. From the scrubbing at slow turns to the screech of complete grip loss. Then you have the ambiance of the crowds from their glorious cheers and whistling as you pass pit straight through to the whirling blades of the helicopters above.

Having that 455 Big Block growl angrily at you as reach for 3rd or that beautiful straight six at 7 thousand rpm's as you get ready to drop down a gear or two, from that sensuous scream of the LFA V10 as you pass through the tunnels of The Alps, to that addictive whistle from the turbo, and the subsequent 'tututututushh' from the sequential blow off from the RX7....it all adds up to a tremendous driving experience and would send chills down any sane persons spine...

Obviously, tracks, cars and other features are sorely needed but as it stands now, even with less content, you have a great package on your hands as a racer....physics, sounds, visuals, AI, customization...yeah, I can live with that for now....for now..

HeliosT10

So I just got this yesterday. I wasn't able to log on to forzamotorsports.net. It claims that I don't have an XBL username... when clearly I do.

Are there other sources for "free" fake money? I'd like to buy a few cars (what a travesty, really...) but don't want to spend USD for fake money.

We're taking a look at the issues some users are having regarding logging into the Forza Rewards/Forza Motorsport website, hopefully we'll be able to get this recitified v.soon.

Woooooo, finally got my VIP status, tokens and the Lotus F1 car.

Glad to see yesterday's fix seems to have done the trick!

Just noticed a little bug that might be worth putting on the T10 list.

After a free play race you can choose to see event results in the post-race menu (something that should be added to career but I'm digressing).

Now if you start watching the race replay then B-button back out to the post-race menu the replay continues in the background. That's good.

But if you look at event results now, instead of showing how the race finished, they show the current standings in the replay. You can test this by going back to the post-race menu, waiting for more changes of position to take place, and once again going event results - they'll be changed again.

Mascot

Double post, apologies.

Haven't heard many people "bitching" about the racing (apart from overly-aggressive Drivatars) and it's generally accepted that the actual atmosphere, graphics, physics and sound are excellent. But those things do not excuse some of the other decisions and omissions that are seriously ruining people's enjoyment.

Seriously, some people seem far too forgiving about FM5's deficiencies (or happy to ignore them) just because other parts of the game are good. Why can't we have a complete package?

I've cut T10 some slack given this is a launch game and the racing is so good. But FM6 better really be a complete package or Forza will start to have the same wiff of irrelevance my former favourite franchise - Gran Turismo - has.

Seriously, some people seem far too forgiving about FM5's deficiencies (or happy to ignore them) just because other parts of the game are good. Why can't we have a complete package?

FM5 is like a small perky pair of tits, not a lot to play with but what's there looks and feel great.

GT is huge saggy knockers.

You can't have both.

p3tran

Banned

ehm, not for everybody, but nice to see you guys are working on it.
i still miss my double rewards, my cars and my tokens, if I dont forget anything

oh, and drugstore cowboy, I wouldnt call forza's tits "small & perky". I would call them the best pair of fuckin' tits but dressed up in a forgettable babydoll.

Mascot

FM5 is like a small perky pair of tits, not a lot to play with but what's there looks and feel great.

GT is huge saggy knockers.

You can't have both.

I'm not talking about the (relatively) meagre car and track count, I'm talking about changes to established and much-loved features, such as the auction house, custom lobbies, how painters/tuners are rewarded etc etc.

It all runs in parallel with Microsoft's changes to Xbox features like game invites, party chat, achievement notifications, hard disk management, controller battery level indicator etc etc. It all seems to be change purely for the sake of change, totally ignoring systems that have been proven to work, and work well.

I'm just fucking baffled by it all.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
It probably bears repeating every once in a while (like, on every new page?) that you can get a lot of credits (millions) by visiting forzamotorsport.net ...

So it has me log in to my live account, and then it just tells me I don't have a gamertag (I can assure you I do, and it's on the correct account) :(

I could really use millions of credits.

p3tran

Banned
I'm not talking about the (relatively) meagre car and track count, I'm talking about changes to established and much-loved features, such as the auction house, custom lobbies, how painters/tuners are rewarded etc etc.

It all runs in parallel with Microsoft's changes to Xbox features like game invites, party chat, achievement notifications, hard disk management, controller battery level indicator etc etc. It all seems to be change purely for the sake of change, totally ignoring systems that have been proven to work, and work well.

I think its more system related than forza related.
my only thing is that I want turn10 to stick by forza 5 and rectify some things, even if this means that a system update must come before.

lil smoke

Banned
Why can't we ha a storefront back? It wasn't perfect but it was way better than what we have right now.
Adding to this. It's ridiculous.I was feeling good about putting in extra time on a particular model that I think is a selling no brainer, yet it's not a car people are going to actually "use".

Won't this lead to 'friends' locating each others paints and grinding them for 'higher usage'? Or is that not possible.

Anyways, once again T10 overthinking and using a sledgehammer on a thumbtack.

NeoGash

We're taking a look at the issues some users are having regarding logging into the Forza Rewards/Forza Motorsport website, hopefully we'll be able to get this recitified v.soon.

Yeah, the website for Forzarewards is pretty bad. I mean, the setup is very nice, I love that part (looking at my points and achievements etc.) but it is so laggy for so many people and it refuses to load a lot of times. You get the infinitely spinning red circle when trying to redeem rewards and such.

I know not everyone is having issues, but I know quite a few people who have had troubles as I myself have, but not all of the time. It doesn't seem very optimised perhaps for mobile maybe....though I tried with Mozilla and Chrome on PC and even then it still stuffs up sometimes. No other site, just Forzarewards. Hopefully that stuff gets sorted.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Again, I think what you're attributing to 'cluelessness' is in fact a very deliberate and thought-through decision in order to help push microtransactions.

i really dont think thats the case, at least not here. i think they honestly didn't want painters and tuners - no matter how popular their designs are - to be flooded with cash. problem is of course only a few random "turn 10 select" designs make it into the first several pages of recommended designs and those sure as shit and selected by quality AND this means that if you arent mega popular you make far less then racing, ie zero.

i thought i'd like the system of designs/tunes/vinyls being free, but i dont. it doesnt work. even if people were getting paid, its not really based on the ability of the artist any more and i dont like that they cant set their own price. some designers SHOULD be rolling in money, their work was that good (hertz).

acksman

Got my Thurstmaster TX wheel setup last night and it is like I am playing a different game. I took out the E21 first and was just killing all my times by at least 20 seconds or more. The feeling when you pass over different gradients on the road are much more pronounced like the cobblestone.

Then I pulled out the Shelby and it was like I was a 5 year old all over the course and just over-steering on every turn.

Yeah. I got lost on the XBox interface trying to see what achievement just popped last night. "How do I get back to my game?". I am not accustomed to being baffled by new user interfaces. Maybe I'm suddenly old? Is this what it's like being my 95-year old grandmother? I need a child ASAP so I can complain about not having the mittens I lost five years ago. I digress.

As for some of the curious changes made in FM5, I assume some of them weren't fully thought out— they're bug free, but the result is not what was anticipated. It's happened with software I've written, we want to achieve Outcome A, I code it and test it and it works, but Outcome B was not anticipated and the implantation to achieve A actually more easily facilitates B. You have to to catch that with user testing (and not QA testing).

For a server-side feature like design-payouts it should be fairly easy to decrease the threshold to trigger a payout and/or increase size of payout as needed.

Orca

Yeah. I got lost on the XBox interface trying to see what achievement just popped last night. "How do I get back to my game?". I am not accustomed to being baffled by new user interfaces. Maybe I'm suddenly old? Is this what it's like being my 95-year old grandmother? I need a child ASAP so I can complain about not having the mittens I lost five years ago. I digress.

Xbox go to Forza Motorsport 5. Done. :p

Klocker

If you hold the orb to trigger either achievements or clips there is a box right there on the screen that says "play" (on achievements) and after a clip, "play this game" and both take you right back to where you were in game by hitting A button.

Pretty slick system actually because it gives you much more information while pausing the game for you...

Of course telling xbox to go to game or going home and hitting the game box does it too

Xbox go to Forza Motorsport 5. Done. :p

Kinect isn't hooked up because the cable is about 7m too short (XBox at the back of the room under the projector). I guess I could plug it in and point it at a wall.

there is a box right there on the screen that says "play" (on achievements) and after a clip, "play this game" and both take you right back to where you were in game by hitting A button.

Yeah, I did that once, but another time it took me into a loop with screens about challenges and shit. I ended up hitting home and making my way back into the game that way.

Did the 458 Rizi Competizione really not have paddle shifting??

It has them now, but the 2011 season was the first year they were allowed in FIA/ALMS GT2, so it may not have had them in that season (when it debuted), but it seems unlikely.

Kinect isn't hooked up because the cable is about 7m too short (XBox at the back of the room under the projector). I guess I could plug it in and point it at a wall.

Thats why I just left my stuff where it was and invested in a HDMI switch and a 20ft HDMI cable when I joined projector GAF.

Thats why I just left my stuff where it was and invested in a HDMI switch and a 20ft HDMI cable when I joined projector GAF.

I didn't have any stuff; bought a 720p/1080i projector with my 360. First and only 'TV'. Seems dumb to not have the XBoxes in the same shelving unit as the receiver and projector.

BADNED

Did the 458 Rizi Competizione really not have paddle shifting??

Or is the animation wrong?

Edit... Sorry for dp
Risi added the paddle-shift gearbox a bit later into the 2011 season. Car data for the games was aquired from an early model without paddle-shifts.

Top Bottom