• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Just concentrating on the wheel, the feedback is smoother, and there are more effects in general. The only notable missing effect is bouncing off walls, which I think is just a t10 oversight. I'll wait for the update before really checking it out, I didn't check torque steer and other subtle stuff.

I can't wait to get the csps working with it, for £235 it at least only cost the same as my CSR, so it's not bad vfm.

Sounds great.

Keep us updated on the CSPs!

I had to replace my Xbox One and Forza is being a little screwy with the new one. Took a little while to get everything up and running. It's finally showing my rivals but not all of the same drivatar racers are showing up in my races. Disappointing.

Also, I almost don't want to play right now until the new patch kicks in.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the zonda destroys in single player s class. hertz, hurry up with that design already!

op_ivy

"Another big criticism is the track list - obviously it's more difficult to get the tracks up to the standard that you have them in Forza 5, but what are the plans for the lifespan of the game for expanding that track list?

Dan Greenawalt: So I'm not in a position to announce a lot of that - I'd like to be able to tell you that, so there'd be nothing more exciting to talk about that. What I can say is that we have plans to update this game and make changes that are going to delight our fans"

3-7-happening-katieb.gif

Ambient80

So is anyone else having issues logging into the Forza site? It keeps telling my buddies that they need an Xbox Live account, but they already do, and they're logging in with the email that their Live account is registered with. Even I can only log in maybe 40% of the time, although I am able to cash out rewards.

Any suggestions?

natertots

So is anyone else having issues logging into the Forza site? It keeps telling my buddies that they need an Xbox Live account, but they already do, and they're logging in with the email that their Live account is registered with. Even I can only log in maybe 40% of the time, although I am able to cash out rewards.

Any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue and would also appreciate any suggestions.

Glad to see those half-off prices on cars made permanent, and the increase in credit payouts is welcome, too.

Even though I haven't had any particular issues with earning money, (running longer races in Free Play or Rivals is key, especially once a given manufacturer affinity has been sufficiently leveled), and already got most of the cars I wanted during the half-off sale a while back, but the economy updates will make my remaining few purchases, and any impulse buys, a bit easier to justify.

I'm assuming the return of drag racing means they'll unlock more Test Track layouts. Hope we can access those without having to set up a MP lobby.

saladine1

Dan Greenawalt, creative director at Turn 10, has certainly taken the criticisms to heart, and he's not putting his feet up - although, strictly speaking, he has to right now under doctor's orders, recovering as he is from surgery to address a ligament injury picked up while practising jiu-jitsu.

Mr. Karate indeed.

I have to be honest, our team takes great pride in what lights up our players, and community's the heart of what we do. So it's been disappointing. I'm not disappointed in people - people feel how they feel. I'm more disappointed in myself that I've elicited this reaction in people. I think the biggest travesty for me is how people have misread our intentions, because that's just been sad - community's the biggest thing for us, and the whole point is to get people excited about cars and excited about games, so people saying we've changed the economy for this reason and we removed this feature for that reason - I understand it, because perception's reality, and people start believing what they believe, but I know it's not the thought process we went through to make the decisions we made.
We'll get back to that in a bit. In terms of the free-to-play mechanics that are coming into it - because it came as part of a wave of Microsoft games that introduced mechanics more typically found in free-to-play games in full-price games, what's your take on that and how do you justify their inclusion?

What I can say is that we're absolutely committed to Forza Motorsport 5. And we're going to be doing more updates, and more serious updates, than we've done in the past. It's about supporting Xbox One and the community that's playing Forza 5. The nice thing about Xbox One is that it's fairly easy to make changes and make updates, and we're getting a lot of data and telemetry. We have a really broad customer base - and while I love the people on the Forza forums, their play-style isn't indicative of the overall community that's playing the game.

My biggest hope is that we can win back the fan's trust - we didn't do this for any other reason besides getting people excited about cars and games, and whenever we work against that purpose we take that very seriously, because it's not our intention, and we're going to make changes as needed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-fixing-forza-5-how-turn-10-wants-to-turn-things-around

It is really encouraging to see this path taken by Turn 10. It's obvious these guys love what they do and love their fans too.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of changes actually take place throughout Forza 5's life..

I really think they just should have let you have access to any car in free play, but if you aren't using your car you don't earn credits. Because the people who refer to the driving in career mode as a "grind" most likely aren't interested in finishing said career. Also the ability to sell your bought cars.

Haines

Banned
I bought this game after they promised they would fix it and this is a huge pull through.

Good on you turn 10, my first Forza, and you made me a fan despite the problems.

p3tran

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-fixing-forza-5-how-turn-10-wants-to-turn-things-around

It is really encouraging to see this path taken by Turn 10. It's obvious these guys love what they do and love their fans too.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of changes actually take place throughout Forza 5's life..

nice. dan said the right words in my opinion.
their announced commitment to continue support of forza5 is the best news for me.

I am 100% sure that after microsoft rolls their first big system update, t10 can also roll a fantastic forza update 8)

DO IT DAN

Another one of those GAF threads about Forza by people who want to rag on the franchise, have never played it, don't want to ever play it, don't even understand it and aren't likely to ever play the genre anyway.

Yeah, I said to some the guys in that thread to come over here and ask players if they've hit a wall in progression. If forcing players to pay was always the plan then there would certainly be a few cases yet nobody took up the offer.

New rim for the TX just turned up, gonna give it a whirl later.

Edit: wasn't that thread, my mistake.

Ok had 5 minutes with the new rim and it feels so much better, far more in line with what I'm used to.

saladine1

Fuck me, just bought the '77 Transam and the fucking shaker is....shaking!

At idle it jitters and when a nice rev is applied it goes nuts.

Nice touch there Turn 10. Next step, a fucking 671 Blower out the hood OK?

Man, the mid 70's to early 80's 'muscle' cars sure were fucking pathetic in power outputs weren't they?

6.6 litres and all that they managed was fucking 150kw!

Fucking government meddling and their pollution gear crap.

LeBoef

nice. dan said the right words in my opinion.
their announced commitment to continue support of forza5 is the best news for me.

I am 100% sure that after microsoft rolls their first big system update, t10 can also roll a fantastic forza update 8)

DO IT DAN

i am again annoyed by those economy whiners. they cried so hard that t10s primary focus is on fixing it.
they should fix the multiplayer and not that unimportant shit.

now we get more hoppers instead of custom lobbies. fun play hoppers!

ElNino

Yeah, I said to some the guys in that thread to come over here and ask players if they've hit a wall in progression. If forcing players to pay was always the plan then there would certainly be a few cases yet nobody took up the offer.

New rim for the TX just turned up, gonna give it a whirl later.

Edit: wasn't that thread, my mistake.

Ok had 5 minutes with the new rim and it feels so much better, far more in line with what I'm used to.
Which rim did you get? The Ferrari GTE or F1?

Which rim did you get? The Ferrari GTE or F1?

GTE. Amazon had them for around £60 when I bought it, jumped back up to £80 today.

Rim is small for my liking (same 11" diameter at the 458) but feels fuller and the rubber finish is nicer. Buttons are cheapo again but not as bad as the stock rim.

It's a lot heavier but the TX base copes fine, ffb response doesn't feel any slower in my hands.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what car I will select with the LE redemption page when it goes live. Already got two of the cars I really wanted the Lotus F! and the classic Ferrari F1 car.

I must say Turn 10 reacted pretty quick. There shouldn't be any bitching now about the economy, :lol

edit: woah at the comment above

ElNino

GTE. Amazon had them for around £60 when I bought it, jumped back up to £80 today.

Rim is small for my liking (same 11" diameter at the 458) but feels fuller and the rubber finish is nicer. Buttons are cheapo again but not as bad as the stock rim.

It's a lot heavier but the TX base copes fine, ffb response doesn't feel any slower in my hands.
Cool. I'm still debating whether I should get the TX or not. I've got a setup with Fanatec CSR, CSR shifter and CSR Elite pedals (with inversion kit) but I haven't got as much use out of it as I was hoping to... kids and family stuff seem to get it the way.

If I could find a local seller for the Fanatec gear then I might consider moving over to the Thrustmaster, but finding a buyer is the troublesome part... that and I really like the Fanatec.

besada

Banned
Why cant I sign into my account on forzamotorsport.net?? I just get forza rewards requires an xbox live account. So the past 5 forza games I have not played then ffs

I had this issue. It looks like a bug in their website. From the screen where you get the message, click on the Forza logo, which takes you to the Forza main page. If it shows you signed in, then sign out and back in. Then click Rewards>Overview.

This works for me.

Lol you should read the thread about this from yesterday, Dan is apparently the devil incarnate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733666&highlight=

I just have to laugh at this now. There is a certain demographic here that will never be satisfied. They are somehow interpreting the developer responding to criticism and making improvements as a bad thing. The very criticism some of these individuals were voicing! So do they want it fixed or not? I concur with others the most ardent and vocal are most likely individuals that don't own or play forza 5 and never planned on doing so in the first place.

The fact remains that the features and content Forza 5 present as a launch game is unprecedented. No other game has come close. I recall launch games such as the original ridge racer, PGR3, and other "near" launch racing games having nowhere near the quality or quantity of the content in Forza 5. I still bought and enjoyed them at full price. I'm not sure why the standards have moved so much...

Cool. I'm still debating whether I should get the TX or not. I've got a setup with Fanatec CSR, CSR shifter and CSR Elite pedals (with inversion kit) but I haven't got as much use out of it as I was hoping to... kids and family stuff seem to get it the way.

If I could find a local seller for the Fanatec gear then I might consider moving over to the Thrustmaster, but finding a buyer is the troublesome part... that and I really like the Fanatec.

If the third party adapter allowed CSR Elite pedal to connect to the TX then it's worth trading a Fanatec for imo, well if it's gonna get used that is.

Sold my wheel on ISR, went pretty quickly too.

zorbsie

Holding off on buying new cars until this update comes out. Really hoping they start talking about specific track DLC.

Hopefully it's soon. Going through the career I really wish they had a random starting grid. I'm starting to get tired of starting a 2 lap race at the very back of the pack.

Mascot

"Another big criticism is the track list - obviously it's more difficult to get the tracks up to the standard that you have them in Forza 5, but what are the plans for the lifespan of the game for expanding that track list?

Dan Greenawalt: So I'm not in a position to announce a lot of that - I'd like to be able to tell you that, so there'd be nothing more exciting to talk about that. What I can say is that we have plans to update this game and make changes that are going to delight our fans"

3-7-happening-katieb.gif

Wait, does that mean track DLC or not? Why the subterfuge? Can we get a simple yes or no?

Rather reminds of Wendl's "we aren't talking about night and weather just yet *wink wink*" in the run-up to FM3...

op_ivy

Wait, does that mean track DLC or not? Why the subterfuge? Can we get a simple yes or no?

Rather reminds of Wendl's "we aren't talking about night and weather just yet *wink wink*" in the run-up to FM3...

i took it to mean "its coming but we arent ready to make an official announcement" sort of thing. they're probably waiting for the content to be in a state that a reveal can be made with it.

Datafiend

Neo Member
I'm really liking a lot of things about this game. The handling, visuals and sound is fantastic but I'm really not liking the whole drivatar system. It seems that all the drivatars equals is everyone ramming into me, ramming into each other as they take corners and/or pushing me off the track. I really wish there was an option to go back to normal A.I. I also wish that there was more content in the game. It is getting kinda old racing the same tracks over and over. I also picked up GT6 and I have been going back and forth between the two and while I really enjoy both Im liking the variety of GT6 a bit more.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
i took it to mean "its coming but we arent ready to make an official announcement" sort of thing. they're probably waiting for the content to be in a state that a reveal can be made with it.

So they can say "we have monza" yet still not reveal a single picture of it?

On another note, T10 need to completely change their approach to fantasy tracks.

Bernese Alps, Prague, they're terrible. Just mindless sweepers. They can't seem to make a track that has both fast stretches and tight technical areas anymore. I want my alpine ring back :|

Shaneus

On another note, T10 need to completely change their approach to fantasy tracks.

Bernese Alps, Prague, they're terrible. Just mindless sweepers. They can't seem to make a track that has both fast stretches and tight technical areas anymore. I want my alpine ring back :|
Their surprise is that they've brought in Hermann Tilke to design some fantasy tracks, just for you. I hope you're happy.

op_ivy

lol, true.

also, strongly disagree about the alps and prague. very fun tracks IMO, even if they don't "feel" like a real race track. i love the variety they bring. wish forza 5 had more of them.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
lol, true.

also, strongly disagree about the alps and prague. very fun tracks IMO, even if they don't "feel" like a real race track. i love the variety they bring. wish forza 5 had more of them.

I don't think virtually every class being able to drive most of the tracks at WoT is variety.

Prague had hope being a street circuit but IMO is a failure. Little more than a showcase of their 8 year old graphics engine :(

eso76

lol, true.

They are fun and i had GREAT fun racing in D class vintage sport cars in Prague.
Both are very well designed, but they feel very similar.
Similar to each other, that is, but still different from every other track in the game, which is why they should stay.

At the same time, yeah, something more 'technical' wouldn't hurt, it looks like T10 is relying exclusively on real tracks for that though.

Mascot

I really like most of Forza's fantasy tracks. Maple Valley, Camino, Alps, Sunset... hell, I'm even one of the few who likes Sedona. All great tracks in my book.

Aptos

I don't think virtually every class being able to drive most of the tracks at WoT is variety.

Prague had hope being a street circuit but IMO is a failure. Little more than a showcase of their 8 year old graphics engine :(

Isn't this an entirely new graphics engine?

My Red Bull Zonda is a mess at the moment lol There is so much stuff on it that I might have to split it into two designs. One for the main team and one for the junior team :D

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So to race in the Modern Hyper Car series, I'm required to purchase a car totaling over a million credits. I'll earn a tenth of that back from racing in the series. What is it I'm missing? I won't be able to afford cars needed for future events after this.

Top Bottom