• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

Pretty sure the cockpit view sound does change when you take out sound damping and almost positive this wouldn't be the first Forza to do that.

So here is a short roll call for Sundays races.
SCHUEY F1 - Need your GT
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SoundScream13
Zorbs
P3tran
dead poul

Anyone else want in on this? Don't be shy. Races are set to start at 2pm EST and we'll be racing the stock Ferrari 360 CS, tuned by you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pretty sure the cockpit view sound does change when you take out sound damping and almost positive this wouldn't be the first Forza to do that.

So here is a short roll call for Sundays races.
SCHUEY F1 - Need your GT
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SoundScream13
Zorbs
P3tran
dead poul

Anyone else want in on this? Don't be shy. Races are set to start at 2pm EST and we'll be racing the stock Ferrari 360 CS, tuned by you.

you cant tune most of the car without buying upgrades though, right? i have monday off, which ups the likelihood i can make sunday significantly. hope to see you guys then. hope to make a podium spot.

zorbsie

Updated list of racers. See you all on Sunday! I'll start the lobby around 1:45pm EST with races practice lap starting at 2. And those concerned about time, it shouldn't be more than an hour for the two races.

SCHUEY F1
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SoundScream13
Zorbs
P3tran
sarbear
Spaceman Spiff
op_ivy

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Updated list of racers. See you all on Sunday! I'll start the lobby around 1:45pm EST with races practice lap starting at 2. And those concerned about time, it shouldn't be more than an hour for the two races.

SCHUEY F1
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SoundScream13
Zorbs
P3tran
sarbear
Spaceman Spiff
op_ivy

What are the rules regarding assists?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I have no clue on the tracks lol. SIM steering on a pad is so worth it. You can feel every nuance and know exactly when you're gonna lose traction. I lo've it

i gave that up after my first attempt on day one. mapping a full wheel to a pad feels odd. when i get a wheel i'll change it, but on a pad its just strange

Mascot

Wait, you guys are choosing to race at Indy? Forza fans really do love a bit of self-flagellation. :p

I keep checking this thread for news about track DLC, "expansion packs" and whatnot, but it's all quiet on the Western front. Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Has anyone heard from Helios recently? Cowboy and I have a vested interest in his continued health and happiness.

Edit: Aw shit, just realised this thread has been moved to the "community" graveyard.

Mascot

this must be a mistake. this is the forza 5 OT. no place for it in the graveyard!
surely a moderator will take it back to its place..?

This thread was doomed to Community hell as soon as most of the discussion turned to online race meets. A separate thread should perhaps have been started to preserve the sanctity of the OT.

This thread was doomed to Community hell as soon as most of the discussion turned to online race meets. A separate thread should perhaps have been started to preserve the sanctity of the OT.

All game OTs get moved to Community after a month, so then we would have two threads in Community instead of one.

SarBear

I can show you how to take it if you'd like? I admit there's a steep learning curve and it involves being really patient and coasting.

It's a good thing we'll be doing a practice lap beforehand, since I haven't practiced much this past week and Indy GP was hardly one of my better tracks to begin with. First turn is hit or miss, but every damn time I somehow screw up in the left-right-left sequence of corners before you get onto the speedway portion.

SarBear

It's a good thing we'll be doing a practice lap beforehand, since I haven't practiced much this past week and Indy GP was hardly one of my better tracks to begin with. First turn is hit or miss, but every damn time I somehow screw up in the left-right-left sequence of corners before you get onto the speedway portion.

And the ass happy 360 will punish you every time.

I won't be there until like ten after 2. Child's mother is always fucking late. Always

Like we had a chance of starting on time.......LOL

tumblr_inline_mtgaqjXUAm1rrovfh.jpg

THIS IS FORZA GAF!

Mascot

It's in the FAQs. It was effected in the past 12-18 months; Our FM4 OT got shunted over there prior to Horizon's release, IIRC.
I'm sure in the olden days threads stayed in Gaming while the game was still being actively discussed. Weird how an arbitrary "rule" got introduced like that.

zorbsie

Great races yesterday guys. Unfortunately using "record that" to keep the standings is hit and miss. I know I came in last and sarbear was in first, and sound scream was ahead of me. Can the rest of the pack tell me their place and I can update the standings.

Great races yesterday guys. Unfortunately using "record that" to keep the standings is hit and miss. I know I came in last and sarbear was in first, and sound scream was ahead of me. Can the rest of the pack tell me their place and I can update the standings.

Yeah saying record that is only 30 seconds, to get the last 5 min you need to snap the app. I was planing on uploading our epic battle for 3rd in the first race, but only got the end because of this.

:/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I had 2nd and 4th.

Good racing!

zorbsie

Thanks for the help guys. OK so here are the current standings. Schuey with a strong start even coming in late to the series. P3tran still likes shooters more than racing. :) Sarbear looks to catch Crude if he keeps his pace up.
He will.
I'll post next weeks race details later today.

CrudeDiatribe 96
dead poul 75
SoundScream13 70
BIGT468 68
Zorbs 65
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 44
P3tran 33
Schuey F1 30
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Sleep8 1
Munish Thiara 0