• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Love the name/association, but are there any new-to-Forza cars besides the Punto? Think I'm just going to get the Alfa if it's available separately.

It's gifted to you if you buy the entire pack, so unfortunately it's the pack-only car.

Looks like I'm only buying the MC12. It was just the Caterham for me last month, and as much as it sucked to miss out on the Birdcage, (and now the lovely 33 Stradale), I can't justify the full price of the pack when all but two of the cars are of little or no interest to me.

That, and having to pay again for a car that was DLC in FM4 is a practice I don't want to reward with $10,
only $3.

G Rom

You're quick, beat me to it!

Feb's shaping up to be a good month for Forza 5 fans :)

Does a good month include new tracks or expansions in Forzaland ? That's the question...

I still play the game daily but only to do a race or two maximum. Even if we knew it before launch, there's just not enough content in the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
not a single must have car in this pack, but helios's hint of more to come in feb has me.... hopeful?

Are we taking this weekend off due to the Superbowl?

Also I realized I hate driving manual without clutch. It just seems off for some reason, Thrustmaster better hurry up with those pedals/shifter. Meanwhile my fanatec gear sits in a box all alone and unused :(

Are we taking this weekend off due to the Superbowl?

Also I realized I hate driving manual without clutch. It just seems off for some reason, Thrustmaster better hurry up with those pedals/shifter. Meanwhile my fanatec gear sits in a box all alone and unused :(

Can't believe we've heard nothing on the shifter and pedals since the announcement, a small company like Fanatec gets a pass because R&D is expensive and TM already had a shifter base in the TH8, it was their choice to fuck us over and make it incompatible.

op_ivy

good news, even if it isnt the news we've been waiting for!

February Content Update
Along with The Smoking Tire Car Pack we will release our latest content update for Forza Motorsport 5. This update will also feature a number of gameplay improvements to Forza Motorsport 5, including:

· Players can now save replays of multiplayer races
· In multiplayer, the “Time to Vote” countdown will now end once all players in the lobby have readied
· Player Level wrapping issues at level 257 have been fixed
· Pitting your car during a race will now repair aero damage
· General multiplayer stability improvements, including improved “invite” and “join party” functionality
· Drag light trees will now work correctly in multiplayer races

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/games/fm5/news/wir_1_31_14/

zorbsie

Best news ever! Can't believe that wasn't in the game to start with. Nice to know T10 is not just moving on to the next project and is still updating the game.

So track pack in March? Right Helios?

Mascot

There's something on twitter about a Feb announcement. Bit full of beer right now but it might be tracks.
Edit: aw shit never mind its not tracks, just stuff. Boring stuff. Goodnight.

good news, even if it isnt the news we've been waiting for!

February Content Update
Along with The Smoking Tire Car Pack we will release our latest content update for Forza Motorsport 5. This update will also feature a number of gameplay improvements to Forza Motorsport 5, including:

· In multiplayer, the “Time to Vote” countdown will now end once all players in the lobby have readied
· Player Level wrapping issues at level 257 have been fixed
· Pitting your car during a race will now repair aero damage
· General multiplayer stability improvements, including improved “invite” and “join party” functionality
· Drag light trees will now work correctly in multiplayer races

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/games/fm5/news/wir_1_31_14/

One would ask how this featurev was missing at launch, but we all know they rushed the fuck out of this game. Glad it's back though :)

op_ivy

There's something on twitter about a Feb announcement. Bit full of beer right now but it might be tracks.
Edit: aw shit never mind its not tracks, just stuff. Boring stuff. Goodnight.

i'm still hopeful based on the helios quote. they fucking HAVE to be coming. have to be. right?

vanty

The Forza 4 thread hasn't been used in months so I'm just posting this here hoping to get some help.

I got my first wheel, a Fanatec CSR, a few days ago and it works super great for Assetto Corsa on PC where I'm having an awesome time. But I can't even drive a goddam Civic in FM4 with the wheel. While in AC the in-game wheel is 1:1 with my wheel, in FM4 the in-game wheel barely moves in comparison to my wheel and the steering is so sluggish it's basically unplayable. Also when the car gets out of shape it fishtails like crazy and the wheel goes crazy and it's impossible to save it. While I can drive a 599XX in Assetto Corsa quite smoothly.

I've tried multiple settings I've found online and nothing addresses the issue at all. I'm guessing it's something to do with 900 degrees rotation working or not but google just finds me stuff about an issue being fixed long ago so now I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I bought the wheel to play both games not just one.

The Forza 4 thread hasn't been used in months so I'm just posting this here hoping to get some help.

I got my first wheel, a Fanatec CSR, a few days ago and it works super great for Assetto Corsa on PC where I'm having an awesome time. But I can't even drive a goddam Civic in FM4 with the wheel. While in AC the in-game wheel is 1:1 with my wheel, in FM4 the in-game wheel barely moves in comparison to my wheel and the steering is so sluggish it's basically unplayable. Also when the car gets out of shape it fishtails like crazy and the wheel goes crazy and it's impossible to save it. While I can drive a 599XX in Assetto Corsa quite smoothly.

I've tried multiple settings I've found online and nothing addresses the issue at all. I'm guessing it's something to do with 900 degrees rotation working or not but google just finds me stuff about an issue being fixed long ago so now I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I bought the wheel to play both games not just one.

You have the game set to simulation steering?

Have you updated your wheels firmware?

elektrixx

Banned
I haven't played in a while. Is there any sign they'll redo how to XP boosting thing works? I don't like how it counts down in menus.

vanty

Have you tried turning on the on screen telemetry to check how your wheel is responding to your input.
With the wheel set to 900 it rotates like 360 in one direction to very slowly get 90 degrees in game and then it doesn't rotate any more than maybe 100-120 degrees in each direction. If I set it to 270 it's close enough to one-to-one but feels really twitchy and not remotely realistic.

I just read something about booting the game with a pad, disconnecting it and then connecting the wheel once the game is running to get it to work properly. How did T10/MS/Fanatec fuck this up so bad.

With the wheel set to 900 it rotates like 360 in one direction to very slowly get 90 degrees in game and then it doesn't rotate any more than maybe 100-120 degrees in each direction. If I set it to 270 it's close enough to one-to-one but feels really twitchy and not remotely realistic.

I just read something about booting the game with a pad, disconnecting it and then connecting the wheel once the game is running to get it to work properly. How did T10/MS/Fanatec fuck this up so bad.

I think its the CSR wheel. I have heard there were a bunch of issues with that run. I have a PWTS and have never had the issues you are describing.

squared

I'm a bit confused about the Rewards.. For Tier 5, I'm getting 100k, and people are saying Tier 6 is 1.5 million? It says if I reach Tier 6 I get another 50k?!

Edit: Don't mind me, I'm blind >_<

Turn off camera motion effects, stick to bonnet or bumper until you familiarise yourself with the car, the in game wheel is a distraction. Start slow and use the force feedback cues to guide you as the visual ones are lacking.

Truth is the Forza games feel little like PC sims in the actual wheel rotation, I rarely feel I need much more than 90° each way but you can adjust. There used to be a work around that made more use of the whole 900° but that left a large dead zone.

Forza 5 is much better but it's still doing it's own thing.

SarBear

I've got a question.

Regarding credits earned at the end of a race, how much is everyone usually earning with all assists off? I'm averaging 14k after a race, but I've heard of people earning nearly 60k after a single race (not a level up). I'm VIP, so anyone have any insight? I'm broke as fuck.

Marco1

I really hope the update fixes the chrome/gold special paint glitch in the paint shop.
Does anyone else have this glitch still as the update was meant to have fixed it?

zorbsie

Tier 6 rewards is 1.5 million credits. Add it to the pile of credits I already have. Kind of wish they gifted a car as well with Forza Rewards. I would take less cash and a new car.

Mascot

i'm still hopeful based on the helios quote. they fucking HAVE to be coming. have to be. right?
I bet you get your new tracks before DC and I get our thread-naming goodies. I sometimes think Dan is never going to get around to signing our Xbones. I'd ask Helios to go ahead and send them unsigned but I know DC wants something with Dan's DNA on it so he can clone his own little bearded sex-puppet.

styl3s

Picked up XBONE the other day and picking up Forza later today.

Any tips for a new comer? Good starting car(s)? Best way to farm some cash? Also, as someone who doesn't know anything about the whole car packs, VIP or pass, are any of these worth picking up? Just wondering because if VIP/Pass are worth picking up ima grab some xbox cards while i am at target. Also, is the Limited edition really worth the $80? I only ask because PM + Target gift card i am only picking it up for $20 but Toys-r-us and newegg have the limited edition in-stock.

SarBear

Picked up XBONE the other day and picking up Forza later today.

Any tips for a new comer? Good starting car(s)? Best way to farm some cash? Also, as someone who doesn't know anything about the whole car packs, VIP or pass, are any of these worth picking up? Just wondering because if VIP/Pass are worth picking up ima grab some xbox cards while i am at target. Also, is the Limited edition really worth the $80? I only ask because PM + Target gift card i am only picking it up for $20 but Toys-r-us and newegg have the limited edition in-stock.

Just buy the VIP on the marketplace. The actual packaging isn't worth it. It doesn't matter what car you pick, it's the assists/difficulty that matters. If you're not used to Forza, no matter what car you pick adjust the brake pressure in tuning setup for each and every car or you'll lock the brakes every time. You won't be able to farm cash for a bit.

Get ready to kill yourself when you first start racing you can't skip the introductory races and they have all assists enabled and you can't modify controller mapping until its over.

You just purchased it today? I'm sorry for your loss. :-/

styl3s

Just buy the VIP on the marketplace. The actual packaging isn't worth it. It doesn't matter what car you pick, it's the assists/difficulty that matters. If you're not used to Forza, no matter what car you pick adjust the brake pressure in tuning setup for each and every car or you'll lock the brakes every time. You won't be able to farm cash for a bit.

Get ready to kill yourself when you first start racing you can't skip the introductory races and they have all assists enabled and you can't modify controller mapping until its over.

You just purchased it today? I'm sorry for your loss. :-/
If Forza not worth it? Or are you referring to the xbone?

The microtransactions don't bother me or the lack of many tracks/cars if that is what you are referring to. I am just a casual racing fan. I am not into the whole racing seat, wheel or super customization and how to the best out of X or Y.

I just wanna race.

op_ivy

question for clutch users....

i just switched to trying to do this today and everything seemed fine, until i played career, specifically, p-class. I'm racing with an audi p class lemans prototype car and the fucker wont launch off the line using clutch. when the green light is signaled any gas i give the car results in a quick flash of rpm, then dies off suddenly to about zero. my only solution thus far is to immediately switch to 2nd gear, then back down to first WITHOUT the clutch, then i'm able to tear off the line... but as you can imagine, its a shitty way to start a race. is there something i'm doing wrong?

finally made a clip of this
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?res...60&authkey=!AIh-ua6NQqIaesY&ithint=video,.mp4

note the blue bar by the speedo which shows my throttle pressure. this is a bug, yes?

Top Bottom