• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Redshirt

Banned
The top spot on Silverstone National B-Class is held by ShrubbyTerror53 with a time of (negative) -00:05.000. Is this a known bug?

zorbsie

That sucks fellas. I'll start the lobby in a few minutes and just invite who ever is online playing COD.

EDIT: Lobby is up

Spades

Great to meet and race with you all tonight, guys!

tumblr_n0qymiH3kA1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

Looking forward to many more races in the future.

Devildoll

Something i haven't thought about before now.

I was upgrading my supra, and then all of a sudden i couldn't open upp the hood in autovista mode.
Traced back my steps and it seems like you can only pop the hood if it has the original aspiration aka twin turbo.

Has anyone else noticed that yet?

ib2srWTMYBMTJu.jpg

Marco1

I really hoped the update fixed the chrome/gold special paint glitch in the paint shop.
Does anyone else have this glitch still as the update was meant to have fixed it?
Some have it and some don't.

I really hoped the update fixed the chrome/gold special paint glitch in the paint shop.
Does anyone else have this glitch still as the update was meant to have fixed it?
Some have it and some don't.

Yeah I still have it.

Can the tuning setup and design be removed from the VIP cars?

I tried to paint one and the manufacturers colours are no longer available.

Just a quick question for you Forza 5 owners. If I can't find a VIP version of the game, can I buy that upgrade on the store? Or can I buy the Day 1 cars on the store also?

I haven't been following this game as much as the last few Forza games but that is going to change now.

Spades

If I can't find a VIP version of the game, can I buy that upgrade on the store? Or can I buy the Day 1 cars on the store also?

I think you can buy a VIP upgrade on the store but I don't think you can buy the Day 1 upgrade. I could be completely wrong though so don't quote me on that.

thundr51

I think you can buy a VIP upgrade on the store but I don't think you can buy the Day 1 upgrade. I could be completely wrong though so don't quote me on that.

Yep, VIP status is $20 in store. Thought about buying it but didn't care for any of the cars they were offering. Might bite later. Got my xb1 this weekend and enjoying it so far. Playing so much Horizon has ruined my skills :(

Yep, VIP status is $20 in store. Thought about buying it but didn't care for any of the cars they were offering. Might bite later. Got my xb1 this weekend and enjoying it so far. Playing so much Horizon has ruined my skills :(

Thanks for the info, but I was able to find an LE online so I ordered that. Can't wait to finally join ForzaGAF again.

Crude, Zorbs, Soundscream: You all better watch your asses now!

zorbsie

Having some upload issues with the replay videos. They should be ready later today. Curious that you can only get the in-car view with the main users car. All other cars have that view disabled.

zorbsie

league_week6ayuxz.png

V8 Super Cars
Stock #5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon OR #1 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE. Tracks will be Sebring Full - 5 laps and Silverstone International - 7 laps.

Here is the first race from last weekend. Second race will be up later today. Soundscream, it wasn't an issue with the replay but the file/codec type that my capture card made. Youtube didn't like it and was giving me crazy upload time of 7748 minutes. Had to re-encode it with proper settings.

Spades

league_week6ayuxz.png

V8 Super Cars
Stock #5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon OR #1 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE. Tracks will be Sebring Full - 5 laps and Silverstone International - 7 laps.

Here is the first race from last weekend. Second race will be up later today. Soundscream, it wasn't an issue with the replay but the file/codec type that my capture card made. Youtube didn't like it and was giving me crazy upload time of 7748 minutes. Had to re-encode it with proper settings.

Awesome, can't wait for the V8's!

zorbsie

Dude are you able to share the number panel graphic please? Would be nice if we all included it on our cars for each season race. :)

I can share a number panel, but not that one. It uses a logo made by m0dus I think, so its locked. I can put together another one without the gaf sphere. It'll be up later today.

I can share a number panel, but not that one. It uses a logo made by m0dus I think, so its locked. I can put together another one without the gaf sphere. It'll be up later today.

Presumably we can find the m0dus GAF logo given the inability to share it with individuals.
Next gen!

Spades

Nice one, will make it feel like more of a series then if we're all using it. :)

league_week6ayuxz.png

V8 Super Cars

Hellz ya! Here's hoping I will have my system in time for this!

Make sure to cash in your Forza rewards for the month. The cars are 600k each. But if you're not going to mess with the tuning then you can just rent the car on race day.

I have been cashing in my rewards every month, so I am HOPING that they will appear at once when I log into the game for the first time.

zorbsie

I have been cashing in my rewards every month, so I am HOPING that they will appear at once when I log into the game for the first time.

I think they expire at the end of the month, but I could be wrong.

I was just messing around and made this for league racing numbers. The bottom part is left blank so you can put any brand you want there. I don't think the orange is right but when I get it I can share this design with everyone.
getphoto3jbk6s.jpg

Speaking of the league I forgot to post the current standings.
CrudeDiatribe 146
P3tran 133
SoundScream13 106
BIGT468 104
Zorbs 92
dead poul 75
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 74
Schuey F1 54
Block Mate 33
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Sleep8 1
Munish Thiara 0

The second race is still being uploaded to youtube. It's at 35% now, should be another hour before it's ready here. Going over the replays to do these videos I feel really bad for SoundScream, he got nailed a bunch. Sorry dude I was one of those hits. :(

EDIT: Second race is up on youtube now.

I think the expiration is how long you have to claim the rewards, right? I have been claiming them through the site every month, so they should still be on my Forza 5 account when I log in.

I assume it is similar to when you would log in after a long time and have a bunch of free VIP cars and storefront money waiting for you.

I mean, back when T10 still gave us free VIP cars....

Going over the replays to do these videos I feel really bad for SoundScream, he got nailed a bunch. Sorry dude I was one of those hits. :(

LOL

I was more upset at the two Ford V8 drivatrs that totally destroyed my Holden during the Road Atlanta race we did. Its like they were working together.

Spades

The second race is still being uploaded to youtube. It's at 35% now, should be another hour before it's ready here. Going over the replays to do these videos I feel really bad for SoundScream, he got nailed a bunch. Sorry dude I was one of those hits. :(

EDIT: Second race is up on youtube now.

Great job with the replays dude. Really enjoyed watching the races back! Can't wait for Sunday!

p3tran

Banned
bravo zorbsie! well done, also I see that you edited the laguna video to show all the "action" :)
(unless me and crude were fooling around in dat sand for >30 seconds that is :)

i agree soundscream got a lot of heat, and remember that he was sick when playing and had to get out of bed to participate :)
crude also got some heat, and he was not alone either. these cars are twitchy when on full throttle, let alone exiting a turn on full throttle, and it doesnt take much for shit to happen :)

the battle of v8's will be ..interesting :D

ps. about the forza-gaf racing number thing, why dont we just ask m0dus to make a blank one for us whenever he has time?
this way, it will be uniform, official and sexy

zorbsie

bravo zorbsie! well done, also I see that you edited the laguna video to show all the "action" :)
(unless me and crude were fooling around in dat sand for >30 seconds that is :)

You got me. I really wanted to show that split with me and SoundScream. Block Mate just went straight through. I was going to do it as an inset image, but I didn't want to take too long setting it up and uploading. I should have put a title card up that said, "Meanwhile in the back..." :)
The two incidents happened almost at the same time.

ps. about the forza-gaf racing number thing, why dont we just ask m0dus to make a blank one for us whenever he has time?
this way, it will be uniform, official and sexy
This sounds like a great idea. Or if he's not around we could always ask H3rTz DoNuT. I'm sure either of those guys could whip something up for us that would look badass.

p3tran

Banned
@P3tran: FYI, http://titanfall.com/beta (in case you hadn't seen already).
yeah, done already. I've been staying up especially for this. drank too much coffee a couple of hours ago and now having trouble laying down to sleep :)

thank you for the heads up, and hopefully catch you there too (as long as I get a freakin' code :) )

You got me. I really wanted to show that split with me and SoundScream. Block Mate just went straight through. I was going to do it as an inset image, but I didn't want to take too long setting it up and uploading. I should have put a title card up that said, "Meanwhile in the back..." :)
The two incidents happened almost at the same time.

This sounds like a great idea. Or if he's not around we could always ask H3rTz DoNuT. I'm sure either of those guys could whip something up for us that would look badass

I have an eye for some details, and this is an extra effort very well done. bravo again my friend.

and yes, somebody talented should make us some kickass stencils to slap on our cars. else I threaten that I will paint them myself for everybody, and trust me it will be very awful :)

one more thing: did my car appear to you guys when racing ...oem cyan like in the replay? shit I spend more time doing my livery than the tune itself. dont know how I managed to fuck it up and race in oem colors if its not a bug :D

Top Bottom