• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Grisby

Just started to do some online matches. I did a couple when I first bought the game but now that i've completed a couple of more single player deals I hopped back on to test the skills.

Now, I figure proper race etiquette is to not play bumper cars and so I hung back and managed to pass everyone because they were all going way too fast. My little ford fiesta managed to get in second and I even had a game clip moment when I cock blocked a guy from passing me to grab the finish. Man, was he freaking salty about that.

Finally passed a million credits. I really want to try out the menu car, the McLaren, so I think that's the next tournament for me.

Good times Forza.

I will definitely be there next week, sorry I couldn't make it today.

We had a get ttogether today for Lizs birthday, so we spent most of the day cleaning and getting ready.

Sorry guys!

thundr51

Any idea what car classes for next week? I just finished the compact car races and want to make sure I have garage cars available. Probably start on sports cars next...

zorbsie

league_week79fkvc.png

Iconic week 7
This week's cars are a little cheaper than last week. We are going to be racing cars from the Iconic Sports cars series. Max PI: B600. Here is a list of the cars that are eligible:
2005 BMW M3
1997 BMW M3
1991 BMW M3
1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
2005 Honda NSX-R
1992 Honda NSX-R
1997 Mazda RX-7
1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
1998 Toyota Supra RZ

The tracks will be Circuit de Catalunya - Catalunya National 7 laps and Bathurst 4 laps. Races will be same time as always 2:00PM EST on Sunday.

For those of you who can't make it but still want to compete we'll be doing a week long time trial. You have until Sunday before the race to post your time. Not sure what to do about standings. Do you guys want a separate standings for the time trials? Or have the time trial point count with the weekly races points. Either works for me, speak up and let me know. The time trial will be Circuit de Catalunya - School Circuit. Car will be stock Honda Civic CRX Mugen. If you have suggestions on the time trial or tracks/cars you want to do in future races let me know. Always open to ideas.

Big news for this week, we have a new points leader! CrudeDiatribe has been dethroned. :) Here are the current standings:
P3tran 160
CrudeDiatribe 158
BIGT468 132
SoundScream13 114
Zorbs 109
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 94
dead poul 75
Block Mate 68
Schuey F1 54
Scr0ne 43
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Thundr 8
Sleep8 1
Munish Thiara 0

Video replays will be a while yet, kids won't let me near the TV. :)

Fox Mulder

I haven't followed this game after hearing all the stuff about micro transaction and the AI, but got my tax refund and thinking about getting an xbone. My friends are getting them and I've loved forza since the first one.

is this worth buying a console for? I can wait, maybe even until horizon 2.

Mascot

I haven't followed this game after hearing all the stuff about micro transaction and the AI, but got my tax refund and thinking about getting an xbone. My friends are getting them and I've loved forza since the first one.

is this worth buying a console for? I can wait, maybe even until horizon 2.

I'm in a similar situation and decided that no, this game alone wasn't worth buying an Xbox One for. I was hoping it was going to be, I really was. Others here probably disagree.

I'm in a similar situation and decided that no, this game alone wasn't worth buying an Xbox One for. I was hoping it was going to be, I really was. Others here probably disagree.
Same here.

But my knees will get weak with a Horizon 2 announcement. Even then I'll wait for day one impressions though. If its solid I'll jump in and look forward to Forza 6.

ElNino

Can someone please help my noob brain figure out how to download and use this Honda Legends Car Pack?

I downloaded it from the dashboard. Restarted the game and have searched through both my own cars and the available cars to purchase and can not find these cars.

This shouldn't be this difficult.
I have the same problem... is there anyway to check to see if the game is up to date?

I downloaded the pack fine off of the Xbox marketplace, and I've tried rebooting the Xbox several times (full reboot, not just to stand by mode) but Forza never says it needs an update but the cars don't exist in the game.

I have the same problem... is there anyway to check to see if the game is up to date?

I downloaded the pack fine off of the Xbox marketplace, and I've tried rebooting the Xbox several times (full reboot, not just to stand by mode) but Forza never says it needs an update but the cars don't exist in the game.

Have you tried going into games and apps and hitting the menu button?

Also I think it should be noted that you should never have to go to the marketplace and download a car pack since they are added to the game automatically.

ElNino

Have you tried going into games and apps and hitting the menu button?

Also I think it should be noted that you should never have to go to the marketplace and download a car pack since they are added to the game automatically.
Yeah, when I go into the Forza 5 menu I can see the install size and view my add-on content installed but in-game I can't see the Honda pack at all.

I guess my next option is to uninstall the game completely and start again from scratch. My profile is saved on the Live servers, right?

Yeah, when I go into the Forza 5 menu I can see the install size and view my add-on content installed but in-game I can't see the Honda pack at all.

I guess my next option is to uninstall the game completely and start again from scratch. My profile is saved on the Live servers, right?

It should be, but Im not 100% sure

ElNino

Why don't you try re-downloading the Honda pack?
I've done that (a few times to be sure) and they never appeared in the game. I see the DLC cars from the IGN pack (which I didn't buy) and the cars from the Ferrari pack (which I did buy), but nothing from the Honda pack so it seems like my game isn't on the latest version I think.

I uninstalled the game and I am in the process of installing it again from scratch to see if that fixes it.

I will say that I am starting to get annoyed that your custom suspension settings (ride height, camber, toe, etc) don't appear to show on your car anymore.

It is such a weird thing to remove because it has been in the series since the start. And with all the new graphic fidelity and physics, you would think they would be keen to show that off. But you can drop your ride and camber the shit out of it but the car just sits there looking the same.

HeliosT10

Helios, will the track be available in career races or is it just for freeplay and MP?

From the press release :)

Road America is being offered as a fully-integrated addition to the “Forza Motorsport 5” experience and will be automatically added into the Career events for the racing career. Players will be able to take part in races on the circuit in both the main Career events as well as Career bonus events which are available after a Mini-Career series is complete.

In addition, for the first time in the “Forza Motorsport” series, Road America will feature four alternate ribbons that will test the limits of each and every player. Players will also now find new Road America-themed events in Rivals Mode and in the multiplayer lobbies.

Spades

From the press release :)

Road America is being offered as a fully-integrated addition to the “Forza Motorsport 5” experience and will be automatically added into the Career events for the racing career. Players will be able to take part in races on the circuit in both the main Career events as well as Career bonus events which are available after a Mini-Career series is complete.

In addition, for the first time in the “Forza Motorsport” series, Road America will feature four alternate ribbons that will test the limits of each and every player. Players will also now find new Road America-themed events in Rivals Mode and in the multiplayer lobbies.

Brilliant news. Thank you for confirming!

It's certainly good to see Road America back, as it's an excellent circuit with a wonderful flow, and the price is even better. Much appreciated, T10.

Speaking of price, it looks like the 5-car booster pack is available to those who didn't buy the car pass for $4.99. Kinda tempting. This game needs racecars almost as badly as it needs tracks, and the R8 and RA should help address both deficits a bit. Ferrari Daytona isn't bad, either.

Count me in this weekend. I'll be there!!!

Hellz ya bro, you better! I am definitely going to be there this weekend, need to get OG ForzaGAF to represent!

Edit: I was just looking thru the old Forza 4 OT and I am curious what happened to Ox Nagge? Dude was always kicking ass.

p3tran

Banned
Edit: I was just looking thru the old Forza 4 OT and I am curious what happened to Ox Nagge? Dude was always kicking ass.

he is in a position not unlike I was, with microsoft not selling the xbone in his country.
last I know, he maybe would look at options for importing an xbone, but I dont think I've seen him online yet

m23

I was playing one of the A Class Race leagues in career mode earlier and the game wouldn't let me progress. Sebring was the next race and after I completed it, the same race came up 3 times in a row.

Snubbers

Awesome news, just the kind of support I like, I'm now wondering if I should get the season pass as it seems this game is getting legs.

zorbsie

Uploaded the first race from the weekend but when I went to check it all I got was just sound but video was all black. Boo YouTube. I'll try and upload it again later tonight.

EDIT: Just checked on my phone and its working. Here's the link http://youtu.be/4f_IERgV14c

Marco1

The gold and chrome are still the first two special paints even though it should be matt.
After all the updates would it be possible to have this fixed?
I have reinstalled the game twice and it's still there.

Top Bottom