• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Guys I am late to the party but I finally have forza 5, well it's ordered and I just need to wait for the post.

I am still turned off the game with it's limited cars and tracks compared to forza 4 but I also only paid £26 for it so I feel a bit better.

Along with the first game on xbox this is the only non LE version I have, let's hope forza 6 brings the main course.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Of course we are! Lobby will up around 1:45. No one did the time trial this week? Didn't see any times posted here at all. :(

i didnt realize you added that or i would have! next weeks for sure

Mic is plugged in but apparently no one can hear me.

I have a sudden urge to build an ark for some reason...

I have xbox one mic trouble also, plugged it in and I would hear my cousin over the tv, unplugged and reinserted it, could hear him but he could not hear me. Ended up having to restart the xbox.

Audio is coming and going, but I just heard pokeballs.

I have xbox one mic trouble also, plugged it in and I would hear my cousin over the tv, unplugged and reinserted it, could hear him but he could not hear me. Ended up having to restart the xbox.

This is exactly what happened to me. Will try restarting next time, thanks.

zorbsie

Another great turn out. So much fun. Sorry for bumping people in the second race. I muted myself during the last race because my one year old started signing. Not sure any one wanted to hear that. :) If anyone has any suggestions for next weeks races let me know.

Another great turn out. So much fun. Sorry for bumping people in the second race. I muted myself during the last race because my one year old started signing. Not sure any one wanted to hear that. :) If anyone has any suggestions for next weeks races let me know.

We could do like a Bottom to Top race where it's D Class then R Class.

SarBear

Had a lot of fun guys!! Will definitely do it again. Who has the replay from Road America? It looked like someone flipped in my rear view

Heh, the carnage on the first lap gave me an opening, and it was smooth sailing in 2nd until p3tran ran my ass down. If I had that 3 PI in my NSX I'd have surely held him off.

For about 10 more seconds.

I think I hit a Koala bear on that second to last turn during the Bathurst race. I have no idea how or why I lost control and spun off the track.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am playing the D-Class career and when I got to the Bathurst race I decided that I would like to restart it, so I selected restart but then had to finish up so I backed out to the menu. Now whenever I select the D-Class career it bumps me back tot the dashboard every time and I can't finish the other 3 races in the career, so it is forever broken.

Can I restart that career class entirely? What the hell?

p3tran

Banned
i dont understand exactly what is the problem, but I think if you do a hard reset on the xbone (by holding the power button on the console for 5 secs) it will go away.

Is it worth $30 extra for the Limited Edition? Regular version is $50 on Amazon.

IMO no.

The last limeted edition worth anything was F3 (Still use my keychain). Even that usless topgear book with 4 is better than what they have been offering since horizon (cars, tokens & booster packs).

I want stupid goofy shit with my limited editions, and I would pay top dollar the sillier it gets.

Izayoi

Banned
IMO no.

The last limeted edition worth anything was F3 (Still use my keychain). Even that usless topgear book with 4 is better than what they have been offering since horizon (cars, tokens & booster packs).

I want stupid goofy shit with my limited editions, and I would pay top dollar the sillier it gets.
Value-wise, if I were to purchase everything included in the LE for the regular edition, would I be paying more than $30?

zorbsie

Sorry fellas race videos might be late this week. Real life is getting in the way of this stuff. :) I haven't even had time to think about what races/cars to do next week. If there are any suggestions let me know and I'll get a post up for week 8 asap.

Spades

Sorry fellas race videos might be late this week. Real life is getting in the way of this stuff. :) I haven't even had time to think about what races/cars to do next week. If there are any suggestions let me know and I'll get a post up for week 8 asap.

We could go nuts and have prototypes (or F1/CART) around Le Mans and Spa?

Separately, anyone like the idea of some endurance racing with a team mate perhaps?

Spades

Has anyone else here got the invite for the March update? I really want to update but it sounds like it borks some Party stuff.

I'm on it although there hasn't actually been an update yet. If you watch the video showing the new Friends and Party systems, it looks a million times better.

IMO no.

I liked Forza 4 Collector´s edition but the third is still the king. Both Forza Horizon and Forza 5 collector´s edition are barebones.

Kind of liking the game so far, the new handling and feel to the tire grip is nice and a lot less stuck to the road like forza 3 and 4 were, but I am rather annoyed with how you have to quit out of a race to adjust car settings.

Is there a way to adjust gear ratios and such before you start a race? you have been able to do this since forza 2, why has it been removed or overlooked? not every race track uses the same car setup.

I just don't see an options anywhere outside of the game's main menu system.

I still have my F3 keychain in mint condition in the box, sort of keeping it until I have my own car again, rhe USB stick still has use for me also. To think that I paid well over normal edition price just to get the horizon steelbook, was just not worth it.

Sordid

I'd join in with GAF but I'd most likely always come last! I've not long started playing this online and it's been mostly C class races. The amount of crashing in public lobbies is insane, I try my hardest to pass people cleanly then at the next bend they won't break and send me flying :*(

Edit: What do you get with the VIP pass? I can't justify 40 quid on a car pass but I might spend 16 on the VIP if Turn 10 still gift you cars now and again.

RoKKeR

What's more fun to drive in this game, Indy or F1? I'm reaching 2mil and want to buy one of these bad buys, just not sure which one. I've test driven the Indy Cars and they are damn fun, but should I hop on the Lotus instead? Thoughts?

What's more fun to drive in this game, Indy or F1? I'm reaching 2mil and want to buy one of these bad buys, just not sure which one. I've test driven the Indy Cars and they are damn fun, but should I hop on the Lotus instead? Thoughts?

Just for the fact that you can drive the Indy cars in free play would suggest you go with the lotus.

Spades

Personally I prefer the Indy, but they are both great!

Mascot

...awful quiet in here....

The recent price drop piqued my interest but then I remembered that MS decided to dry ass-fuck me with a sandy donkey's cock by ensuring that my expensive Fanatec rig, for no fucking good reason whatsoever other than a chance to treat their loyal customers like dog-shit, was not compatible with the Xbone. So fuck them right back, I say.

I know I think you hit me.

:p

Haha, I know, I know! I really do try not to hit people, but I suck much more at this game then I did at F4. Need more practice!

The recent price drop piqued my interest but then I remembered that MS decided to dry ass-fuck me with a sandy donkey's cock by ensuring that my expensive Fanatec rig, for no fucking good reason whatsoever other than a chance to treat their loyal customers like dog-shit, was not compatible with the Xbone. So fuck them right back, I say.

Damn, that is impressive...

Edit: Here is a way to take interior pictures of your car.

Top Bottom