• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

The gold and chrome are still the first two special paints even though it should be matt.
After all the updates would it be possible to have this fixed?
I have reinstalled the game twice and it's still there.

Strange that for some people this has been fixed. In my game the tags are what they should be but I can't customize the colour with the X button. I have to go to the paint section to do that. I can't figure out how it could be one way for some and not others. I thought the whole point of always on would make this never happen.

p3tran

Banned
bravo zorbsie :)

@liquidsnake
its been a while since I looked it up, but i think inside forza profile menu, there is a BUNCH of controller options?

1st- So happy to have Road America back!

2nd- They added some signs on the grass, so I was misjudging my breaking points on my first lap.

3rd I ran right off the road when I saw this motherfucker flapping in the wind!

12634129364_05a90b6e79_c.jpg

1st- So happy to have Road America back!

2nd- They added some signs on the grass, so I was misjudging my breaking points on my first lap.

3rd I ran right off the road when I saw this motherfucker flapping in the wind!

12634129364_05a90b6e79_c.jpg

Truth! I feel like Family Guy has ruined me because I could not stop laughing when that thing entered my view.

Krakatoa

Anyone else lose there car tokens after the latest patch? I have had about 80 or 90 tokens that came with the game. After the update I have 0

Do these expire over time?

Great to have RA back, out of all the returning tracks it's probably the least flashy in terms of lighting, pretty much an uprezed F4 without the horrible overdone HDR and new trees.

Anyone else lose there car tokens after the latest patch? I have had about 80 or 90 tokens that came with the game. After the update I have 0

I think it's just a glitch, only got around to spending mine a couple of days ago but they wouldn't always show.

Grisby

I got a hundred for free for some reason when I bought the game. Haven't used them and they've disappeared maybe 3 or 4 times? They were gone today too. Anyways, they usually come back for me.

SarBear

After the brilliant choice to go with an overcast on Silverstone, I really can't understand why they continued the LAZY trend for bright and sunny Road America. Seriously.....sunrise or overcast would have been NUTS on this track.

After the brilliant choice to go with an overcast on Silverstone, I really can't understand why they continued the LAZY trend for bright and sunny Road America. Seriously.....sunrise or overcast would have been NUTS on this track.

I would LOVE to see a nice sunrise/sunset on a track. I understand why they do it, but I really wish T10 would give us some variety in lighting on the tracks.

thundr51

has anyone found a way to buy DLC for X1 on the xbox.com site? All I can find is the full game pages.

You can't. Tried to buy Strider and all it would show was the 360 version.

Speaking of DLC, very tempted by VIP (mostly the accelerator stuff) but I don't care for any of the cars. For $20 is it worth it?

zorbsie

Speaking of DLC, very tempted by VIP (mostly the accelerator stuff) but I don't care for any of the cars. For $20 is it worth it?

The accelerator stuff just means 70k payout per level. It's a nice bonus, but $20 nice? I would pass if you don't want any of the cars.

Laugh all you want, but dammit, the Sp4ceman Sp1ff Wrecking Ball was purely unintentional. Soundscream went wide and onto the runoff, I misjudged how much the Forza Sticky Surface (TM) would slow him down, and next thing I know he's right in front of me. Nothing I could do, I swear!

And zorbsie, your running of this league has been exemplary, but I must take offense to the editorial slant of the video. Yeah, sure, highlight my regrettable lapse in judgement with a PIP, but fail to do the same for the mugging I took in the first 30 seconds of the race. Where's the p3tran Wrecking Ball Cam, huh?

+30 points for me in the standings as restitution. It's only fair.

Laugh all you want, but dammit, the Sp4ceman Sp1ff Wrecking Ball was purely unintentional. Soundscream went wide and onto the runoff, I misjudged how much the Forza Sticky Surface (TM) would slow him down, and next thing I know he's right in front of me. Nothing I could do, I swear!

No mic here, so my apologies to anyone I may have wronged. Think I tagged soundscream going into the final turn early on, (sorry man, I thought we were each allowed a shot...).

ColbertNo.gif

zorbsie

Spaceman it was done in jest. I know that hit was totally not your fault. The timing on it was regrettable, had I started that clip 10 seconds earlier, you would see exactly what you described. I really didn't want to paint you as the bad guy, it was honestly there for a laugh. I did show you get spun out at the start and I thought I was cool that you clawed back from that and showed you passing Crude. Seriously fellas, I had no ill will on these videos.

Spaceman it was done in jest. I know that hit was totally not your fault. The timing on it was regrettable, had I started that clip 10 seconds earlier, you would see exactly what you described. I really didn't want to paint you as the bad guy, it was honestly there for a laugh. I did show you get spun out at the start and I thought I was cool that you clawed back from that and showed you passing Crude. Seriously fellas, I had no ill will on these videos.

Hey, no worries. I honestly didn't feel wronged in the slightest.

I thought my hyperbolic tone was sufficiently tongue-in-cheek, but I guess that isn't always apparent in text. I was busting your chops for comedic effect, (as you were with me), nothing more.

Let's hug it out bitches, (you too, soundscream).

p3tran

Banned
And zorbsie, your running of this league has been exemplary, but I must take offense to the editorial slant of the video. Yeah, sure, highlight my regrettable lapse in judgement with a PIP, but fail to do the same for the mugging I took in the first 30 seconds of the race. Where's the p3tran Wrecking Ball Cam, huh?

+30 points for me in the standings as restitution. It's only fair.

Hey! :D what "Petran wrecking ball"? my comments that without a microphone crimes go unnoticed, was as a witness and not as a crime-doer.
You can see it in zorbsie's cut, it happened in 15th second, when you had a side collision -not with me but- with block mate. if you watch the video, you will see i was right behind you both.
it was first block mate you collided with, then right after you collided with scr0ne too :)
so -30 points mr wrecking ball man :D ten for each collision

I honestly didn't feel wronged in the slightest.
uhmm.. shocking news? :D
I thought my hyperbolic tone was sufficiently tongue-in-cheek, but I guess that isn't always apparent in text.
it was! but for next sunday find the mic :p

Hey! :D what "Petran wrecking ball"? my comments that without a microphone crimes go unnoticed, was as a witness and not as a crime-doer.
You can see it in zorbsie's cut, it happened in 15th second, when you had a side collision -not with me but- with block mate. if you watch the video, you will see i was right behind you both.
it was first block mate you collided with, then right after you collided with scr0ne too :)
so -30 points mr wrecking ball man :D ten for each collision

P3tran, I thought your comments were an admission of guilt, but the video doesn't lie; I was wrong to be so quick to blame, and for that I'm sorry. There won't be any false accusations next week, I promise.

I still gave my AI driver a high-five for passing you on the Alps after the race, though. ;)

it was! but for next sunday find the mic :p

Will do.

From the press release :)

Road America is being offered as a fully-integrated addition to the “Forza Motorsport 5” experience and will be automatically added into the Career events for the racing career. Players will be able to take part in races on the circuit in both the main Career events as well as Career bonus events which are available after a Mini-Career series is complete.

In addition, for the first time in the “Forza Motorsport” series, Road America will feature four alternate ribbons that will test the limits of each and every player. Players will also now find new Road America-themed events in Rivals Mode and in the multiplayer lobbies.

Hi Helios! good to see you!

Im happy to see Road America and I hope you guys continue adding tracks, I´d like to ask you something, theres a change of view about the tracks of the franchise? now its quite focused to real track and I think fantasy tracks are equally important, in fact they are normally more especial because Forza its the only place were you can race them. Many fantasy tracks are awesome and fan favorites, such as Fujimi Kaido, Mapple Valley, Monserrat, etc.

zorbsie

Hey, no worries. I honestly didn't feel wronged in the slightest.

I thought my hyperbolic tone was sufficiently tongue-in-cheek, but I guess that isn't always apparent in text. I was busting your chops for comedic effect, (as you were with me), nothing more.

Let's hug it out bitches, (you too, soundscream).

You got me, lol. Hook, Line and sinker. The Canadian in me had to issue an apology immediately even though I was pretty sure you were joking. I'll need to get my internet sarcasm meter checked out. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
enjoying RA and the alternate ribbons. nice touch. i lol'd at the suggestion that that was a negative on the gaming side.

enjoying RA and the alternate ribbons. nice touch. i lol'd at the suggestion that that was a negative on the gaming side.

First time doing the alternate I felt like I was driving on the sidewalk.

Whoops, I should have clarified. Two separate incidents. First one was possible light contact when we were side-by-side in the final turn on Sebring on the first or second lap. Silverstone Wrecking Ball speaks for itself.

So you admit you hit me twice.

I'm just making a stand after weeks of violence, silence is no longer an option.

domestic-violence-hurts-everyone.png

Mascot

Someone told me that ALL future track DLC for FM5 will be free. I accused this person of being a lying bastard. Was I wrong to do this?

Someone told me that ALL future track DLC for FM5 will be free. I accused this person of being a lying bastard. Was I wrong to do this?

It would be nice, no doubt, and making Road America a free update was a welcome gesture by Turn 10, but it's not one I expect regularly.

I have no problem with paying for content that is new to the series, be that Monza or Long Beach whenever they show up, or returning from Forzas past but genuinely recaptured. I'll happily shell out for a laser-scanned Nurburgring, but if they plan on serving reheated leftovers from FM4, make them free, please.
Sonoma Raceway kthxbye

zorbsie

You were probably right. But I hope that future tracks are free. I would hate to have a split user base when it comes to tracks. Having said that, I would pay for the tracks.
I'm part of the problem, I know.

You were probably right. But I hope that future tracks are free. I would hate to have a split user base when it comes to tracks. Having said that, I would pay for the tracks.
I'm part of the problem, I know.

Yup, I am part of the problem also. I will buy any and every track or car DLC they offer.

RoKKeR

The 2014 Civic Si tuned up a bit to 500 is so much fun to drive, wow! Great feeling, looking, and sounding car. Good stuff, glad it was free.

Top Bottom