• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

Thanks for sharing your tune Devildoll. Hopefully that will help my times. Speaking of tunes where's P3tran? Haven't seen him in awhile. Was there some new DLC for COD?

Here are the league standings:
P3tran 221
CrudeDiatribe 200
BIGT468 175
dead poul 143
SoundScream13 129
Zorbs 124
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 123
Block Mate 107
Scr0ne 100
Schuey F1 95
Shortt Sirket 29
Phleg01 23
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
FrontierUK 10
Thundr 8
Sleep8 1
Munish Thiara 0

BigT moving up to third, well done. Scr0ne and Schuey are climbing seriously fast for coming into the league a little late. And it seems everyone has the updated OS so we will be racing this weekend.

I'm glad you suck too.

Put a time in at Yas Marina?

Yeah but it was ugly so I didn't bother looking. I really have to figure out the shifting, I feel like I am always 1 gear to high,but when I drop it down I've been spinning like a top if my tire goes a millimeter off the track. I know I probably need to feather the throttle a little better, but my fingers are tap dancing on the controller. Its so much easier to use my foot :(

#THRUSTMASTERPROBLEMS

Sordid

I don't have the money for an Indy car but I'd like to join in for the next races if there's room? As I said before I'm not that great at the game but getting bashed off repeatedly in public lobbies gets old :(

I don't have the money for an Indy car but I'd like to join in for the next races if there's room? As I said before I'm not that great at the game but getting bashed off repeatedly in public lobbies gets old :(

Well I can't promise that WON'T happen in our game, but at least we will all feel bad about it. Well, I won't, but the rest might.

p3tran

Banned
Thanks for sharing your tune Devildoll. Hopefully that will help my times. Speaking of tunes where's P3tran? Haven't seen him in awhile. Was there some new DLC for COD?
I'm here my friend, new dlc for cod not out yet, but I've been engaged in fights to death against vegetables and flowers :) plus south park
was there last sunday for our race, but couldnt connect due to me being in beta mode.

I must say, indy car sounds like trouble for sunday :D

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm here my friend, new dlc for cod not out yet, but I've been engaged in fights to death against vegetables and flowers :) plus south park
was there last sunday for our race, but couldnt connect due to me being in beta mode.

I must say, indy car sounds like trouble for sunday :D

Spa will be dicey, but Yas will be worse, :lol

Indy car is insane, drove it for the first time last night. I was a bit drunk. I think I got to the point of getting a good lap until I get to Bus Stop and I'm braking too early.

zorbsie

P3tran, I really want to get that game but now it's too close to Titanfall. I'll pick of garden warfare when it drops a little in price.

Not going to lie, I think Sunday will have some massive traffic jams. But that's the fun of it sometimes. The week after we'll do D class cars, talk about shock to the system.

Sordid

Well I can't promise that WON'T happen in our game, but at least we will all feel bad about it. Well, I won't, but the rest might.

Well, with my driving skills there are no guarantees either. I won't do it intentionally though!

Edit: I forgot about renting, I'll give the lap challenge a go at least.

I am sure he had it coming...

tumblr_lfx9x8dQjl1qgipwuo1_500.gif

BIGT468

I decided to grow a pair and turned off TC and got my time down to 1.58:498 on Spa, I think the car has a 57 in it. Same setup on Yas resulted in a 1.56:053.

I shared the setup so just search my name and it should show up I do have the brake pressure set lower so if anyone wants it higher I'll make another one.

I saved up and bought the lotus F1 car, my god that thing is beastly, great fun to drive against hard AI with no TC on.

Codemasters have a lot to do if they want F1 2014 to be good after this.

Was Rivals open to people who didn't have Gold before F5?

Edit:

2:04.917 Spa
2:02.540 Yas Marina

:(

I can still play online too. My son has a Gold sub but he's not logged in or anything. I'm sure mine ran out six months ago.

Spades

I decided to grow a pair and turned off TC and got my time down to 1.58:498 on Spa, I think the car has a 57 in it. Same setup on Yas resulted in a 1.56:053.

I shared the setup so just search my name and it should show up I do have the brake pressure set lower so if anyone wants it higher I'll make another one.

Very nice. How much time did you gain from turning off TC dude?

@ Zorbs, when is the deadline for submitting our lap times?

frontieruk

Was Rivals open to people who didn't have Gold before F5?

Edit:

2:04.917 Spa
2:02.540 Yas Marina

:(

I can still play online too. My son has a Gold sub but he's not logged in or anything. I'm sure mine ran out six months ago.

I thought that was a feature of the x1 that as long as someone has a gold account on the machine everyone does, I think it even survived the luddites hating on digital licensing.

frontieruk

Hadn't realised.

Saved me 30-something quid then!

I think ms are counting on that atm with less than stellar sales, I think if sales had been stronger we'd of been seeing a price rise on live, as it stands I think it'll stay the same so they don't have to answer questions on why they raised the price of the membership.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just broke the 2 minute mark on Spa. Probably have a little more to give, but it is tough not make little mistakes.

The F1 AI in this game and the cloud suck BALLS, people brake in corners, zoom into the back of you even if you brake late, first corner pile ups like it's an online race... this is with hard cloud AI too.

Spades

Probably have a little more to give, but it is tough not make little mistakes.

Yep, there is a fair slice of luck involved at Spa also when you're pushing the boundaries. Normally half a tyre to the left or right and the lap is written off as a dirty one.

The F1 AI in this game and the cloud suck BALLS, people brake in corners, zoom into the back of you even if you brake late, first corner pile ups like it's an online race... this is with hard cloud AI too.
Absolutely. Your best bet is to stay away from all other cars for the first few corners until they sort themselves out. It's unfortunate for otherwise above par AI.

Devildoll

I just spent my first hour on Yas Marina.
I gripped the controller so hard that my hands were kind of locked in a controller holding pose afterwards.

Running without TC penalizes you a lot on this track compared to spa, since there are more low speed acceleration where you cant just floor it. I end up doing one of three things.
A: Play it safe and too slow
B: become The Stig
C: Make donuts instead of going in the intended direction

Managed to get down to 01:57.375, i think i might need more grip
(no pun intended)
though.

Nothing like timezones to keep us guessing! Can someone post up one of those "time to go until" images?

If it's at the same absolute time (2pm EST) as before, then the race is in 6.5 hours.

If it's at the the same time for Zorbs (and a bunch of us), then the race is in 5.5 hours.

If any of you here are photographers in Forza 5 btw, here's a new contest we've got running that might be of interest - http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst6257_In-Focus-Photocontest---Wk-1.aspx

Helios are you able to ask the team technical questions?

I was wondering why the spring force progressively decreases as the degree of rotation increases when using a wheel? For example at 270 (set through Forza Profile/Controller/Advanced) it's pretty heavy and feels nice but by the time I reach 900 degrees the self centering force is harder to detect.

Is it an Xbox limitation or was it coded this way?

Top Bottom