• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

Artoris

Gold Member
lets-do-it-chris-farley.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
22, I finally watched A Job That Slowly Kills You in your honor after you got got. It made me appreciate them more and I've been going back to the back catalog. I forgot how much I love music that rewards multiple listens to really dig in. Each new listen is somehow better than the last.

Finally giving The Smile a few more listens too.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dacvak Dacvak

High Tension
The Cell
Funny Games
The Thing
Audition
The Black Phone
Black Swan
The Vanishing
Enemy
Goodnight Mommy
Possession
The Devil's Advocate
Possum
The House That Jack Built

Just a couple off the top of my head
I decided to give Possession a try. I watched about 20 minutes of it and was like “really? This is supposed to be a good horror movie? This is really campy and kinda dumb.”

Then I realized that somehow my Plex server fucked up and had a shitty 1981 slasher flick called “SCREAM” listed as “Possession” for some reason, and I was watching the wrong movie. I should have figured that out quicker.

Part of me wants to keep watching this terrible 80s slasher. We’ll see how long I make it. 😂

I decided to give Possession a try. I watched about 20 minutes of it and was like “really? This is supposed to be a good horror movie? This is really campy and kinda dumb.”

Then I realized that somehow my Plex server fucked up and had a shitty 1981 slasher flick called “SCREAM” listed as “Possession” for some reason, and I was watching the wrong movie. I should have figured that out quicker.

Part of me wants to keep watching this terrible 80s slasher. We’ll see how long I make it. 😂

Possession is divisive though

You might enjoy it 👀

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What did you think of this scene?

Pretty weird and interesting. The movie does a good job of straddling the line of “is this actually supernatural or just unique artistic expression?” Especially in the first 2/3rds of the movie.

That particular scene went on a little long, but I enjoyed it, even just for the spectacle lol.

Pretty weird and interesting. The movie does a good job of straddling the line of “is this actually supernatural or just unique artistic expression?” Especially in the first 2/3rds of the movie.

That particular scene went on a little long, but I enjoyed it, even just for the spectacle lol.

It was some good acting though 👀

it's quite a scary adaptation

I tend to like to read the book first. I'll read Ghost Story and The Hellfire Club next year

One of the things that irks me when it comes to books

When the original book cover is replaced by a cover promoting the movie or show

When they replace a OG Cover with a cover that's not as good as the OG. Example is the Rama Books and the Dune Books. They both had great covers. Thankfully all the Ringworld books I have, all have the OG covers

Artoris

Gold Member
I tend to like to read the book first. I'll read Ghost Story and The Hellfire Club next year

One of the things that irks me when it comes to books

When the original book cover is replaced by a cover promoting the movie or show

When they replace a OG Cover with a cover that's not as good as the OG. Example is the Rama Books and the Dune Books. They both had great covers. Thankfully all the Ringworld books I have, all have the OG covers
yes I cant read the book If I have seen the film, book first and then film

For me it does I tried to read it but it has never worked

That's understandable

Like for House of the Dragon, I'm dropping the show and just gonna to read Fire & Blood instead. I'm going to read all of A Ice And Fire spinoff books too. I just read the Main Series before the show came out and became super popular

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

I watched another guest and if I remember correctly it was around 6 hours long. Not going to post it for reasons.

With that said I did see a small clip of the pod above and it didn't invoke anything to pursue.

I'm not that fond of the host though. Not as a person but in that he just kept asking bad questions and didn't respond or recognized the significance of certain remarks the guest made which irritated me. But I'm used to Greg Carlwood of The Higherside Chats.

Not a dig just my subjective comparison.

I'm reluctant to watch more from his pod atm but that could change in the future.

I think he'll be back sooner or later. Sometimes I can't get a read on him, but for the most part I find him very intelligent and highly humorous which is infectious.

I want to keep this simple so all I can say is that I have my heart on my sleeve. Doesn't mix well with internal demons and alchohol. All my vitriolic behaviour which have led to my bans was while being in such a state.

I appreciate your compliments. I sincerely want make myself and others laugh.

Ive decided to stop drinking regularly

I stopped a few days after my best friend passed away (around the time I got banned. Which I deserved and am ashamed about) and have been sober ever since.

It's easy when you want it from within sans the withdrawal symptoms.

I've stopped many times for months so this isn't my first rodeo but this time the symptoms where quite something. I'm ok now.

Probeer het man en bedankt voor je Xbox PM.

Ik zat te wachten op een seintje.

Ik ben raar ik weet het haha

Had this view and no wi-fi all weekend.

SyLlPqA.jpeg

Amazing! Reminds me of the series Outer Range on Prime which I finished binging last night. Takes place in Wyoming, lots of nice wide space shots like your photo. <3

Bro! I wanted to mention this before but what's with the coke?! Haha.

Did it a couple times. Not my thing though.

22, I finally watched A Job That Slowly Kills You in your honor after you got got. It made me appreciate them more and I've been going back to the back catalog. I forgot how much I love music that rewards multiple listens to really dig in. Each new listen is somehow better than the last.

Finally giving The Smile a few more listens too.

Hey Skip.

I normally avoid knowing the individual(s) behind whatever it is they create.

Don't meet your heroes and all essentially.

Hence I was initially hesitant to watch the video. But...

"In your honor" was what made me push through and watch said video <3

Glad I did.

It was way less in depth then I initially thought but had some great tidbits.

It's good for people that are more unacquainted with Radiohead I feel but that doesn't diminish anything at the end.

Thank you.

It's no secret It's my favorite band.

They certainly have some stinkers though and Thom's voice can sound very very whiney to the point of unpleasant even.

First example that comes to mind every time I hear people mention his voice is the Kid A's track Morning Bell on Amnesiac.

So I get it.

I could go on about my own personal relation with their music and how each new album always seemed to vibe parallel to my own. As if each album was precisely what I wanted to hear.

And now we get to your post again; the re listening.

I don't have the musical knowledge to put into words how to describe the resonating connection feeling I have with Radiohead AND The Smile (which I HIGHLY) recommend and needs many multiple listens as well as least in my case)

It just does.

Top Bottom