• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Me and my other half moved up here back in August 2018 and we love it here. We're situated about 15 minutes from the city center via car and live in a rural area which we love except for the flys in the summer.
Thats pretty much what we did to a T. We're just outside the city with rural hills either side of a valley, couldn't be happier. We haven't heard one siren, seen a police helicopter and it's just quite all round.

Where we left was horrific and getting worse by the day. I really didn't want our lad growing up around it all.

My girlfriend's mother moved up here from Brighton back in September 2019 and lives literally two minutes from us👻.
I loved Brighton, my kid supports the team, seen a fair few matches :messenger_tears_of_joy:

arkhVJD.jpeg

I bet it's handy having her up near you though, saves driving too.

I feel your pain with regards to driving back and fourth. When I drive down to West Sussex to visit friends and family, the journey takes 3 to 3.5hrs. My girlfriend's brother lives in Glasgow and takes approximately 9hrs to get to us via car and that psycho does it in one hit!
I don't really mind it when it's a straight run, lately though coming back is a complete nightmare. Normally they're shutting off parts of the M4 and M25, took over four hours the other night.

He sounds like a psycho! 9 hours in one hit, that's too much! Newquay to Essex in one go was enough for me and that was only seven, almost fell asleep. Never again!

Are you enjoying Bath?
Ah we love it cheers bud, it was a nightmare getting here with the pets and all the other guff you have to do but it was all worth it in the end.

Just been looking up Norwich as it's one place I've never been, that looks a bit nice too!

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Ah we love it cheers bud, it was a nightmare getting here with the pets and all the other guff you have to do but it was all worth it in the end.

Just been looking up Norwich as it's one place I've never been, that looks a bit nice too!
When we moved up to Norwich from Littlehampton we had a car load of pets and it was 37°C. All the pets soiled themselves! As soon as we got the keys I was straight in the kitchen washing them all down.

Prisoner Cell Block H mobile devision. 2x cats, 2x chinchillas and a tortoise.

aah5koZ.jpg

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
When we moved up to Norwich from Littlehampton we had a car load of pets and it was 37°C. All the pets soiled themselves! As soon as we got the keys I was straight in the kitchen washing them all down.

Prisoner Cell Block H mobile devision. 2x cats, 2x chinchillas and a tortoise.

aah5koZ.jpg
I bet that was one hell of a journey!! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Our cats soiled five minutes into the three hour journey, had to stop off at the tescos and baby wipe everything straight away :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It smells like England in here.
sDwKdKl.gif

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm meant to be goin to see blink 182 after it got cancelled last year. i don't know if i want to go and i can't sell my ticket. i know i should just go but to be honest i'm a bit scared. i went to see green day in june and i ended up having to leave early. that's twice now i've been to a show and ended up feeling ill. i've been to countless gigs over the years but when i was at green day i started to get a splitting headache on the one side of my head and eventually i couldn't look at the stage because of all the lights. the noise started to bother me and then i got extremely nauseous. yeah i was a bit drunk but i wouldn't say i was pissed out my face. i don't think i've ever left a gig early in my life but this time i had to. as i was walking away i suddenly felt like i was going to be sick and i was. i was so embarrassed.

i had a ticket to see alkaline trio but i sold it because i was too worried to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom