• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
i'm meant to be goin to see blink 182 after it got cancelled last year. i don't know if i want to go and i can't sell my ticket. i know i should just go but to be honest i'm a bit scared. i went to see green day in june and i ended up having to leave early. that's twice now i've been to a show and ended up feeling ill. i've been to countless gigs over the years but when i was at green day i started to get a splitting headache on the one side of my head and eventually i couldn't look at the stage because of all the lights. the noise started to bother me and then i got extremely nauseous. yeah i was a bit drunk but i wouldn't say i was pissed out my face. i don't think i've ever left a gig early in my life but this time i had to. as i was walking away i suddenly felt like i was going to be sick and i was. i was so embarrassed.

i had a ticket to see alkaline trio but i sold it because i was too worried to go.
The thought of going to a gig nowadays induces anxiety. I've had great experience and bad experiences seeing bands live. I certainly don't miss the crushing sinking feeling, being slowly squeezed to death by thousands of people pressing up against me.

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
The thought of going to a gig nowadays induces anxiety. I've had great experience and bad experiences seeing bands live. I certainly don't miss the crushing sinking feeling, being slowly squeezed to death by thousands of people pressing up against me.
When I was in my teens I used to always turn up early to try get to the front but yeah as I got older I gave that up. Not just because I can’t be arsed/don’t have the time to be queuing up for 15-20 hours but being surrounded by so many people now would make me have a panic attack.

I just chill out at the back of the crowd where there is space and so I can grab a quick beer or take a piss.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

53958726155_048d6ae704_c.jpg

One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
One, two, three, four
You know fucking why
One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
I don't wanna live
I don't wanna die

Hey, do you know why
We laugh before we die?

Five, six, seven, eight
Why do we annihilate?
To violate is to consecrate
One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
Laying on the ground
Laughing as you die

Hey, do you know why
We laugh before we die?

One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
One, two, three, four
You know fucking why
One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
I don't wanna live
I don't wanna die

You're pulling up
It's all over
Lifting up
A tethеr cut
A weightless whisper
You'rе only matter
In the ether

One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
One, two, three, four
You know fucking why
One, two, three, four
Look at the fucking sky
I don't wanna live
I don't wanna die
Hey, do you know why
We laugh before we die?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
When it comes to books I mostly read Sci Fi, Fantasy and Horror

I'm trying to read more outside those genres and read more fiction too
same :) well not so much horror but i do love horror movies/games. i think the only horror book i've read is Let the right one in.

i'm kinda basic when it comes to books.

i want to read neuromancer. i tried it before but couldn't get into it but i'll try again. i'm also going to listen to the cyberpunk 2077 novel "no coincidence" (the audio book is narrated by female V).

the jk rowling crime novels i have quite enjoyed but the 6th book was too long i gave up near the end. the latest one is quite long too but i've yet to start it.

the book i'm most excited for is Philip Pullman's last book in the Book of Dust trilogy. It might be his last book in the His Dark Materials universe which makes me so sad but I can't wait to read it.

Last edited:
same :) well not so much horror but i do love horror movies/games. i think the only horror book i've read is Let the right one in.

i'm kinda basic when it comes to books.

i want to read neuromancer. i tried it before but couldn't get into it but i'll try again. i'm also going to listen to the cyberpunk 2077 novel "no coincidence" (the audio book is narrated by female V).

I'm reading Neuromancer and the two Sequels most likely next year

the jk rowling crime novels i have quite enjoyed but the 6th book was too long i gave up near the end. the latest one is quite long too but i've yet to start it.

I grew up reading Harry Potter during my Highschool to College years (1998 - 2007)

I plan on reading her Crime novels. I heard those are really good

the book i'm most excited for is Philip Pullman's last book in the Book of Dust trilogy. It might be his last book in the His Dark Materials universe which makes me so sad but I can't wait to read it.

Funny enough The Golden Compass is what got me into reading when I was in 8th Grade. I love that Trilogy so much

I recently read Book 1 and 2 of The Book of Dust Trilogy and loved them both. I was surprised by how adult it was compared to the OG Trilogy. It was a bit weird reading about Lyra when she's an adult and dealing with actual desires was a surprise since I always saw her as that little kid from His Dark Materials Trilogy. I eventually got used to it. I just didn't realize this book Trilogy is aimed at adults instead of kids. It was a pleasant surprise

But yeah the first two books to The Book of Dust are fantastic. I can't wait for the 3rd book. And from what I heard he might be done soon with finishing writing the 3rd book. When asked on twitter when The Book of Dust Volume 3 is coming he responded to this user by saying he's been writing the last scene. This was 2 months ago

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I'm reading Neuromancer and the two Sequels most likely next year

I grew up reading Harry Potter during my Highschool to College years (1998 - 2007)

I plan on reading her Crime novels. I heard those are really good

Funny enough The Golden Compass is what got me into reading when I was in 8th Grade. I love that Trilogy so much

I recently read Book 1 and 2 of The Book of Dust Trilogy and loved them both. I was surprised by how adult it was compared to the OG Trilogy. It was a bit weird reading about Lyra when she's an adult and dealing with actual desires was a surprise since I always saw her as that little kid from His Dark Materials Trilogy. I eventually got used to it. I just didn't realize this book Trilogy is aimed at adults instead of kids. It was a pleasant surprise

But yeah the first two books to The Book of Dust are fantastic. I can't wait for the 3rd book. And from what I heard he might be done soon with finishing writing the 3rd book. When asked on twitter when The Book of Dust Volume 3 is coming he responded to this user by saying he's been writing the last scene. This was 2 months ago
i remember the first harry potter book came out when i was in school around 1997-8 too but i didn't really get into it until 2001 when goblet of fire came out. i had trouble reading as a kid and it was hp that got me into reading.

the cormoran strike novels are good i think but i had never really read any crime books before that so i don't know how they compare. like i said the 6th book is long and i kept losing track of what was happening. there are so many characters. i need to read the newest one before the 9th comes outs. there is a tv show on the BBC if you can access that and are interested in a TV show.

i first tried reading Northern Lights (as it's called here in the UK. Golden Compass is the american name kinda like how the first HP book has a different name in USA) in 2003 but i only got a few chapters in. in 2011 i saw Golden Compass movie on TV and decided to buy the books. it's probably my favourite book series after HP. and yeah the book of dust is for more mature readers. there is a really dark scene in secret commonwealth and overall it feels more depressing.

he has actually finished the 3rd book and it's in the editing process now.

SqPI7gr.jpg

the His Dark Materials inspired me to visit Oxford. I went to Lyra and Will's bench last year and again this year. I love the oxford botanic gardens

ZhIfMj5.jpg

zjlEB2r.jpg

and some of the museuems in Oxford have props from the TV show

gDKUq8H.jpg

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
John Marston John Marston , I'm getting piss drunk tonight, whilst slamming a few dozen of brioche cinnamon rolls. 😋

I told one of my colleagues this and he replied;

" Damn , that sounds good! "

😆

Last edited:
i remember the first harry potter book came out when i was in school around 1997-8 too but i didn't really get into it until 2001 when goblet of fire came out. i had trouble reading as a kid and it was hp that got me into reading.

the cormoran strike novels are good i think but i had never really read any crime books before that so i don't know how they compare. like i said the 6th book is long and i kept losing track of what was happening. there are so many characters. i need to read the newest one before the 9th comes outs. there is a tv show on the BBC if you can access that and are interested in a TV show.

I'll be reading the books first. I'm curious to see how she does outside of Harry Potter.

i first tried reading Northern Lights (as it's called here in the UK. Golden Compass is the american name kinda like how the first HP book has a different name in USA) in 2003 but i only got a few chapters in. in 2011 i saw Golden Compass movie on TV and decided to buy the books. it's probably my favourite book series after HP. and yeah the book of dust is for more mature readers. there is a really dark scene in secret commonwealth and overall it feels more depressing.

Yeah The Book of Dust Trilogy really does deal with more adult themes than His Dark Materials Trilogy does. Also yeah Lyra almost getting raped on that train filled with soldiers was an extremely tense moment for me. Snowflakes were triggered where Pullman response was perfect telling them to grow up and that this Trilogy is for adults

Despite The Secret Commonwealth being more depressing of the two, that's my current favorite in the Trilogy. I am wondering how he's gonna finish the trilogy. I love this universe and wish there was more but what is there is fantastic. I love The Amber Spyglass and the fact he stuck to making the ending realistic is what I love about him. Yes Lyra and Will don't end up together at the very end but it would have been unrealistic to put in a happy ending for them both

he has actually finished the 3rd book and it's in the editing process now.

SqPI7gr.jpg

That's good to know and he made that comment recently too. So I'm guessing a release of Late 2024 or Early 2025. Has he said what the title of the 3rd book will be?

the His Dark Materials inspired me to visit Oxford. I went to Lyra and Will's bench last year and again this year. I love the oxford botanic gardens

ZhIfMj5.jpg

zjlEB2r.jpg

and some of the museuems in Oxford have props from the TV show

gDKUq8H.jpg

That's beautiful and yeah I live in USA so I won't be able to visit that place unless I decide to visit that area whenever I'm on vacation

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'll be reading the books first. I'm curious to see how she does outside of Harry Potter.

Yeah The Book of Dust Trilogy really does deal with more adult themes than His Dark Materials Trilogy does. Also yeah Lyra almost getting raped on that train filled with soldiers was an extremely tense moment for me. Snowflakes were triggered where Pullman response was perfect telling them to grow up and that this Trilogy is for adults

Despite The Secret Commonwealth being more depressing of the two, that's my current favorite in the Trilogy. I am wondering how he's gonna finish the trilogy. I love this universe and wish there was more but what is there is fantastic. I love The Amber Spyglass and the fact he stuck to making the ending realistic is what I love about him. Yes Lyra and Will don't end up together at the very end but it would have been unrealistic to put in a happy ending for them both

That's good to know and he made that comment recently too. So I'm guessing a release of Late 2024 or Early 2025. Has he said what the title of the 3rd book will be?

That's beautiful and yeah I live in USA so I won't be able to visit that place unless I decide to visit that area whenever I'm on vacation
NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt not only reading books but writing one in here as well.

Top Bottom