• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

ivysaur12

Banned
Brinbe said:
seriously, major identity crisis issues incoming.

And there we go. :lol

Yup, there it is :lol

Who's the guy that plays her boyfriend? He looks like a younger, more jacked
and hotter
Nathan Fillion.

Brinbe

Damn, one has to wonder how many others they've done this with

And any observer sighting that anyone has noticed?

Yaweee

Solo said:
Man, I LOVE the little touches on this show like the continued usage of the red opening titles for "over there" eps. Also, just like they did in S2, the branches of fringe science listed in the intro have once again been updated for S3. I caught "retrocognition" and trans-something.

Retrocognition
Transhumanism
Parallel Universes

Not sure if First People was there again?

Brinbe

Solid ep (much better than last years premiere, iirc) season's off to a nice start. Can't wait till it really gets cranking.

Great episode. Nothing as mindmeltingly awesome as the last episode of season 2, but a great set up for what should be a crazy frakking season.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Was Peter that openly romantic with Olivia last season? I think I remember him almost confiding his feelings for Olivia with Altlivia, but he never seemed to act on them like that.

Solo

Very solid premiere, and MUCH better than last season's premiere. They've already surprised me big time by the route they've taken Olivia. It never occurred to me that they would succeed in making her think she is Oliviate. And while the "Emmy worthy performance" stuff is laughable, she was pretty good in this one. I love the duality set up for the season between the two Olivias in eachother's worlds.

My only gripe? When exactly did Walter and Peter get so friendly again? Peter was livid with him last year, and I felt their reunion and rebuilding of trust needed to be shown. Instead its like they pushed a button and voila, relationship fixed.

Oh, and like I said earlier, count on the EVEN NUMBERED episodes being the best this season.

BlueTsunami said:
And Olivia gets hotter and hotter every year

Yes, she does. Whoever was complaining earlier in the thread about her hairstyle is crazy. She looks better than ever this year.

Yaweee

Very good episode.

Was Peter that openly romantic with Olivia last season? I think I remember him almost confiding his feelings for Olivia with Altlivia, but he never seemed to act on them like that.

This is weeks or months later.

I'm interested in how they develop that time for the Over Here Trio. I don't think we'll get flashbacks, but they'll need to discuss the aftermath at least in passing. Peter's relationships with both seems to have developed so far from Pissy Bitch Mode like we last saw him.

Solo said:
Very solid premiere, and MUCH better than last season's premiere. They've already surprised me big time by the route they've taken Olivia. It never occurred to me that they would succeed in making her think she is Oliviate. And while the "Emmy worthy performance" stuff is laughable, she was pretty good in this one. I love the duality set up for the season between the two Olivias in eachother's worlds.

My only gripe? When exactly did Walter and Peter get so friendly again? Peter was livid with him last year, and I felt their reunion and rebuilding of trust needed to be shown. Instead its like they pushed a button and voila, relationship fixed.

Oh, and like I said earlier, count on the EVEN NUMBERED episodes being the best this season.

Yes, she does. Whoever was complaining earlier in the thread about her hairstyle is crazy. She looks better than ever this year.
I was complaining about the hairstyle. Turns out it was just the angle of the picture. It looked good in the episode. And yes, she does get hotter each year.

As for Walter and Peter being buddy buddy again, remember this is some time after the finale. Probably a few months at least since Charlie has his hair back. :D

That or Peter is just happy all the time because of the action he is getting from Otherlivia.

Solo

PhoncipleBone said:
As for Walter and Peter being buddy buddy again, remember this is some time after the finale.

I know. But the Walter-Peter dynamic is the heart of the show, so I feel a bit cheated being deprived of those moments. The upside I guess is that we have the old kooky relationbship firing on all cylinders again :lol

Green titles next week!

The Big Rig said:
I think my favorite "Find the Difference" for the episode was the advertisement for the hit Broadway play "Dogs".
I kept seeing that and never put it together. Very nice find.

And I did find all the "Do you have your Show Me?" signs a little creepy.

Zoe

DarthWoo said:

They kissed in the finale. There was also that almost kiss a few episodes before that.

gdt

I enjoyed it, but the whole time I was waiting for Walter and Peter. Can't wait to get back in their world, the best part of this episode was the end.

Solo

gdt5016 said:
I enjoyed it, but the whole time I was waiting for Walter and Peter. Can't wait to get back in their world, the best part of this episode was the end.

It will be hard knowing that we only get Walter and Peter every second episode. Damn you, other Peter for being dead, and Walternate, for not being awesome!

PhoncipleBone said:

I never thought of it before, but it's clear that Walternate is behind the Big Brother culture on their side. He's preparing for a war, after all, and who's to say our Walter wouldn't try to send shape shifters of his own, or infiltrate (which he did).

Also, this is why the Andrew Jackson $20 immediately set off red flags. If the currency is different, it's one of the easiest ways to tell if someone isn't from their respective universe.

Damn, the writers of this show have really thought this out.

Zoe

The Big Rig said:
I think my favorite "Find the Difference" for the episode was the advertisement for the hit Broadway play "Dogs".

Guess we know which universe is the superior one now.

PhoncipleBone said:

Jerry Maguire obviously was never made in this universe. Cuba would have had a huge sponsorship.

Solo said:
It will be hard knowing that we only get Walter and Peter every second episode. Damn you, other Peter for being dead, and Walternate, for not being awesome!
Bah, Walternate is awesome! He is just an evil, twisted Walter without the food cravings and comedy. He is awesome in different ways.

I am just anxious for the inevitable scene between Walter and Walternate.

gdt

I'm really interested in seeing how Altlivia is changed by her time on our world. I'm guessing she'll grow attached to Peter, Walter, and of course Olivia's family. She's also see that we're not "monsters".

Should be interesting.

But now that we know Olivia has been turned...is that side just gonna be the regular MOTW episodes until she breaks out of her brain-wash? At this point, I might be more interestedin Altlivia than Olivia.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the rhythm this season will be.

Edit: This whole thing is also a pretty ingenious way to delay the actual Peter/Olivia romance :lol .

TripOpt55

Good start to the season. For some reason I thought we would have seen Olivia while she was captured for a little longer. She broke out like 7 minutes into the ep. Probably better for it though. The breakout reminded of when she broke out in "Bound."

I love all the differences between the universes and that we'll be bouncing between different title sequences. Also, they do a good job making the different versions of the characters feel different.

I wasn't expecting the whole them trying to make our Olivia think she was the Alternate Olivia. That and Peter with Alternate Olivia should be weird.

So do we know how much time has passed since last year's finale? I thought maybe that one dude on the other Fringe team (drawing a blank on his name... he's not on our Fringe team) might have mentioned something, but I'd have to rewatch to see.

Drawing a blank on other stuff at the moment. I'll come back when I have more thoughts. So glad this show is back. My favorite show going right now.

gdt5016 said:
I'm really interested in seeing how Altlivia is changed by her time on our world. I'm guessing she'll grow attached to Peter, Walter, and of course Olivia's family. She's also see that we're not "monsters".

Should be interesting.

But now that we know Olivia has been turned...is that side just gonna be the regular MOTW episodes until she breaks out of her brain-wash? At this point, I might be more interestedin Altlivia than Olivia.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the rhythm this season will be.

Edit: This whole thing is also a pretty ingenious way to delay the actual Peter/Olivia romance :lol .

I think John Noble said in an interview that
the two universes come to a head at about the 8th episode, and things start tying together.

TripOpt55 said:
Good start to the season. For some reason I thought we would have seen Olivia while she was captured for a little longer. She broke out like 7 minutes into the ep. Probably better for it though. The breakout reminded of when she broke out in "Bound."

I love all the differences between the universes and that we'll be bouncing between different title sequences. Also, they do a good job making the different versions of the characters feel different.

I wasn't expecting the whole them trying to make our Olivia think she was the Alternate Olivia. That and Peter with Alternate Olivia should be weird.

So do we know how much time has passed since last year's finale? I thought maybe that one dude on the other Fringe team (drawing a blank on his name... he's not on our Fringe team) might have mentioned something, but I'd have to rewatch to see.

Drawing a blank on other stuff at the moment. I'll come back when I have more thoughts. So glad this show is back. My favorite show going right now.
Lincoln Lee is his name. I think it's been a few months. Remember they've been trying to implant the memories a few times. And Other Charlie's hair has grown back.

TripOpt55

PhoncipleBone said:
Lincoln Lee is his name. I think it's been a few months. Remember they've been trying to implant the memories a few times. And Other Charlie's hair has grown back.
Yeah couldn't recall his name. I figured since Charlie had his hair back it must have been a while. Had no idea how often they would have tried to do the memory thing so I wasn't sure how to base it off that.

Let me in

Just got done with it on DVR. I loved it, but it's really unnerving as a viewer knowing Oliviate is over here and no one knows. Also surprised that Olivia's memory treatments worked, figured she'd snap out of it at the last minute. I guess it's more interesting this way.

Anyone else get Kill Bill flashbacks during the opening scene when she breaks out? All she needed was a pussywagon :lol

McLovin

I could be wrong but I thought I heard the burnt guy say that 7 days had passed or something. Their tech is super advanced so it could be possible.

Yaweee

McLovin said:
I could be wrong but I thought I heard the burnt guy say that 7 days had passed or something. Their tech is super advanced so it could be possible.

I think you're wrong.

In the season finale, they said Lincoln Lee would need 3 months in a nanite regeneration chamber. He's somewhere well along that process.

Zoe

McLovin said:

Well, he said it was a few days before he found out about Olivia. Any amount of time could have passed after that.

The scratch on her face seems odd though if it's been a while.

McLovin said:
The only thing that makes me think not much time has passed is that Peter was giving his statement to the government. That is not something that they would want to wait on really. And if it were a few months I would think that Peter and Walter would catch on a lil to the other Olivia.

But perhaps the other side has magic hair growing tech for Charlie. (Whom I am glad is back).

TripOpt55

Yeah, other than Charlie's hair, it seems like it hasn't been long to me. What about Frank? Did he infer/metion how long it's been since seeing Alternate Olivia?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What I don't get... if Peter's been having sex with Olivia and he's some kind of super observant genius, surely he would have noticed that the "bad" Olivia has the neck tattoo?

Top Bottom