• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series |OT| More titties, more twisting - Tuesdays on El-Rey

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I looked up Madison Davenport........ they used that picture for promo, do they want me on watch lists?

Well MORE watch lists.

At least Juliette Lewis was in her 20's when she filmed the movie. Using a 17 year old is probably more true to the character, but from the couple show images I've seen, feels a little skeezy.

obin_gam

The first episode was OK. Nothing more nothing less. Lead actor does a weird Clooney impression which is kinda annoying - it's not acting, it's imitating. Feels strange watching him.

Haines

Banned
Not a good show but I like the movie so much that I'll watch it for the lols.

It is interesting how they even try to incorporate tarantino stuff like all the food stuff in ep 2

I really digest the Richie supernatural shit but whatever.

A tarantino written finale would be nice but that 14 rating....wtf.

This Family-Winnebago-RV trip is weird.

Watching the second episode now. Five bucks says bible thumping boyfriend gets eaten.

I kinda like the weird supernatural tinges though. Quite a bit.

Shhhiiiiiiet, American Vampire-style rattlesnake vampire fangs!

It is bizarre that they'd show this level of violence and mutilation, but no tits and ass.

I know that Tarantino raped and murdered the woman in the original flick, but I didn't think hit was gonna happen here.

Well, ritually murdered anyway. That was pretty horrific. I thought Seth hugging him after was ludicrous. All the bits with Ritchie and the teller was so creepy.

So, Fez is a human trafficker that eats his cargo. and Robert Patrick is a drunk.

Adrianne Palicki is hot. But how does she getaeway from holding the cop hostage?

Jake Busey looks exactly like his dad. Skeevy like him too. Will he end up at the strip club in Mexico? The Titty Twister, right?

Priz

Fan of the original movie and especially Tito Larriva's music in this (as well as Desperado) so I've been tuning in. Interesting so far retelling as I expect them to change things up so even though you think you know their fates from the movie, I expect it to go in a different direction. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see them reach the Titty Twister (assuming they will) until the final episode of the season.

One thing that amuses me is in the promo on other channels, there's a scene where Carlos is in the truck with Kate's boyfriend about to drain his blood. They didn't add the CG snake stuff in that trailer, but it has the sound. I couldn't find the TV spot until last night during Bob's Burgers on Adult Swim it came on and so I was able to finally get the picture for comparison. :)
TV Spot:
AZiRKco_-a59R8IWovFbkRQeT2E8db9HRZEVitFfzO5e=w1118-h682-no

Actual Episode:
OTLMn4MG_HccEbe_vk8Fa_vCwMRbpS9JuGkegTDJj0gA=w1118-h698-no

EDIT:
Tito Larriva goodness - http://youtu.be/Pp_iQ38HgT8
Just remembered a story Tito told us after one of his concerts. The scene in the movie where everything is going crazy and the demon band is on stage and Tito's guitar has changed to a body -
jbbALBT8RmFmgN.png

he told us that the body was Sylvester Stallone's. (I guess it was something that they had laying around which never was used on a previous movie and modified it into the shape of a guitar.)

Also - http://pulp.la/tshirts/tittyt.html

Fan of the original movie and especially Tito Larriva's music in this (as well as Desperado) so I've been tuning in. Interesting so far retelling as I expect them to change things up so even though you think you know their fates from the movie, I expect it to go in a different direction. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see them reach the Titty Twister (assuming they will) until the final episode of the season.

One thing that amuses me is in the promo on other channels, there's a scene where Carlos is in the truck with Kate's boyfriend about to drain his blood. They didn't add the CG snake stuff in that trailer, but it has the sound.

Hahahaha! That is too funny.

Forsythia

I actually really liked the last episode. Probably because it wasn't flooded with the lame supernatural stuff, and Wilmer Valderrama wasn't in it! If they have more episodes like this, I'm going to enjoy it a lot more. The actors for the brothers still suck, though, especially the guy playing Seth.

Ah, and finally... We arrive at the Titty Twister.

It is truly ridiculous how bloody the gunshots can be yet there will be no nudity at the strip club.

Priz

Oh wow... the biggest thing about this latest episode for me was the music. I've loved all the music Tito Larriva's band has done for his movies and seen them in concert every time they came to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Back to the House - from Desperado
Angry Cockroaches - When they enter the bar in the FDTD movie.

I also liked Robert's band Chingon and bought their CD back when it was originally released.

Malagueña Salerosa - from Kill Bill Part 2

From the Wikipedia page (which I only learned last night):
When playing without Robert Rodriguez, the band is known as Del Castillo.

So watching the episode, I was wondering if anyone from Tito and Tarantula would be back in their roles as the demon band. I didn't recognize the members but liked the song they played when they first entered the bar. Later during the Richie/Kate scene I instantly recognized "Malagueña Salerosa" playing and loved hearing it again (such a great song). When the credits hit, I looked at the band members names and searched on twitter and found the band Del Castillo. Realizing the connection now to Chingon and Robert's other work I really hope we hear more of their stuff while the band is still around. :) (I wonder if we'll get a Del Castillo cover of "After Dark" in the next episode...)

BTW, did you notice on the promo for the next episode it will not air until the 29th? The promos show that episode is where things will go to crazytown. You know the pacing is up but it will go into high gear the moment someone transforms in the bar and the doors get locked/boarded up until sunrise/the end of the season/whenever.

ascully

This show is fanfuckingtastic. I am surprised hardly anyone is talking about it. It's on hiatus next week apparently back on the 29th April.

Chabbles

I dont understand why they would make this series, after watching the first ep im done with it. Would much rather just watch the movie again and again then this shit.

Lyonaz

Am watching this on Netflix, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also I feel bad for having lusty feelings about Madison Davenport, she reminds me of Jena Malone.

Also bored now, I'm gonna watch the movie.

Forsythia

The more episodes I watch, the more I like it. I'm surprised, as the first episodes were really meh. Maybe it's my own fault, as I couldn't stop comparing the show to the movie. Seeing it as a seperate entity makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Am watching this on Netflix, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also I feel bad for having lusty feelings about Madison Davenport, she reminds me of Jena Malone.

Oh god yes, she looked so fine in that bikini.

ascully

This weeks episode (number7) delivered on another level, the special effects are actually better than the movie at this point, and the expanded story is leading to an epic second season. Still see no one talking about it at all, can't understand it.

Forsythia

The band didn't use the dead bodies as instruments. :/

Yeah, was a bit disappointed by this. But regardless, it was a great episode!

And Santánico Pandemonium is so fucking hot! I like her so much better than Salma!
Don't kill me!

hunnies28

I can't find Eiza Gonzalez attractive, not that she's not hot now mind you. But seeing her pre surgeries in soap operas here in México kinda mess with it I guess.

This Sex Machine dude is hilarious. Seriously. I honestly didn't see the Ranger blowing Richie away at the end.

I can't find Eiza Gonzalez attractive, not that she's not hot now mind you. But seeing her pre surgeries in soap operas here in México kinda mess with it I guess.

What? Go on, I need more info bro.

For such a silly, pulpy show, that monologue that the former soldier had was chilling and delivered really well. Its like it veered away from pulp and became a legit drama or something. A great moment. "Don't be afraid of what's in there... Be afraid of what's in here."

Dr.Acula

Banned
For such a silly, pulpy show, that monologue that the former soldier had was chilling and delivered really well. Its like it veered away from pulp and became a legit drama or something. A great moment. "Don't be afraid of what's in there... Be afraid of what's in here."

That dude was the worst, down to his cliche "I've seen some shit" eyes-in-the-distance veteran spiel. I especially loved the completely unnecessary "blackrifice" he made. They're just banging on all the old tropes. The extended dialog between Jake Busey and the dude doing the bad George Clooney impression was blatant exposition, both meaningless and delivered in the most labored, wooden fashion possible. Even Jake Busey doesn't care about this show.

So much talking and no one saying anything. There are silly shows that I like, but they at least seem to have fun with the audience, this show feels like 20 minutes episodes stretched out to 45.

Look at the movie, every five minute scene there was replicated as a 45 minute episode here. It's too much. I'm out on this show, it's too dumb and there's nothing really keeping me watching. I don't care about anyone or anything.

That dude was the worst, down to his cliche "I've seen some shit" eyes-in-the-distance veteran spiel. I especially loved the completely unnecessary "blackrifice" he made. They're just banging on all the old tropes. The extended dialog between Jake Busey and the dude doing the bad George Clooney impression was blatant exposition, both meaningless and delivered in the most labored, wooden fashion possible. Even Jake Busey doesn't care about this show.

So much talking and no one saying anything. There are silly shows that I like, but they at least seem to have fun with the audience, this show feels like 20 minutes episodes stretched out to 45.

Look at the movie, every five minute scene there was replicated as a 45 minute episode here. It's too much. I'm out on this show, it's too dumb and there's nothing really keeping me watching. I don't care about anyone or anything.

13021220502518.jpg

It's one of the worst pieces of garbage I've ever seen. I have NO IDEA why I'm still watching it; pretty sure I need serious mental help at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom