• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Sectus

Is it okay to just do several matches at the same time against the same opponent in the tourney? That would make it quicker than having to play it match by match.

Uhm...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the YouTube video clip I uploaded isn't showing up. Would you mind uploading our first real game, snoopeasystreet?

Edit: My client crashed a few seconds after I finished recording it. It probably got interrupted mid-transfer. Here's a practice match against NIN90 instead. Is there an easy way to re-record older matches?

NIN90

archnemesis said:
Uhm...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the YouTube video clip I uploaded isn't showing up. Would you mind uploading our first real game, snoopeasystreet?

Edit: My client crashed a few seconds after I finished recording it. It probably got interrupted mid-transfer. Here's a practice match against NIN90 instead. Is there an easy way to re-record older matches?

That one shotgunner fucked me up so much in that first turn. Why did he go that way and kill my MG? :<

KPJZKC

archnemesis said:

Yes, you can look in your match history and do it from there - which matches do you need? The first, second, or both?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sectus said:
Is it okay to just do several matches at the same time against the same opponent in the tourney? That would make it quicker than having to play it match by match.
If your opponent is okay with it, there is no problem :)
But don't expect it, I wouldn't want to play tournament matches parallel for example.

Colkate said:
Damn, the green shotgunner was a real commando during that.
Yes, sacrificing a black rooster before the match sure paid off. Also note that my assault rifle guy closest to the bottom of the screen was avoiding incoming fire by ducking during the first 10 seconds. Never though it would be that useful.

snoopeasystreet said:
Just couldn't catch a break that match. Everything was going wrong.
Well, I think I had slightly better starting positions. Better luck next time! Do you want to play the other two matches tonight?

archnemesis said:
Well, I think I had slightly better starting positions. Better luck next time! Do you want to play the other two matches tonight?

I'm going to grab a bite to eat in a few minutes and then I'll be on all night.

I look forward to a day when I have money to spend on this direct to the developers, possibly springing for the Soundtrack Edition while I am dreaming big here.

Almost as much as that, the possibilities for when modding for this gets underway are staggering. Can you say potential for a grand D&D'ish fantasy doings that can trump KoTC and ToEE Co8 in terms of tactical goodness? I can see it, even with what is just there now in terms of the destructible environ and early glimpses of custom maps still keeping the guns n' such end of things.

Or if they don't want to change things so wholesale....I could easily be convinced to enjoy something Shadowrun'ish...mwahaha!

archnemesis said:
Wow, that's a brutal shotgunner!

He wanted to avenge my honor after the mistakes I made in the second match. :)
I thought I was a goner in this third match, since my GL was too close to the enemy SG, but I managed to survive and win, some way or another.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Table updated :) We now have 3 quarter finalists.

Unicorn

ElectricThunder said:
I look forward to a day when I have money to spend on this direct to the developers, possibly springing for the Soundtrack Edition while I am dreaming big here.

Almost as much as that, the possibilities for when modding for this gets underway are staggering. Can you say potential for a grand D&D'ish fantasy doings that can trump KoTC and ToEE Co8 in terms of tactical goodness? I can see it, even with what is just there now in terms of the destructible environ and early glimpses of custom maps still keeping the guns n' such end of things.

Or if they don't want to change things so wholesale....I could easily be convinced to enjoy something Shadowrun'ish...mwahaha!
Shit. a D&D conversion would be amazing. Someone suggest that to the devs; maybe they'll pitch it to Wizards of the Coast or something.

PaulLFC

Slightly strange question - does this game use the arrow keys? If so can the controls be remapped? The right arrow key on my keyboard's stopped working, so until I get a new keyboard, I can't use the arrows.

Toma

Flunkie said:
Crap, I would've liked to be in the tourney.

It wont be the only one. :) Check the thread from time to time.

PaulLFC said:
Slightly strange question - does this game use the arrow keys? If so can the controls be remapped? The right arrow key on my keyboard's stopped working, so until I get a new keyboard, I can't use the arrows.

Arrow keys are not used in this game.

Unicorn said:
Shit. a D&D conversion would be amazing. Someone suggest that to the devs; maybe they'll pitch it to Wizards of the Coast or something.

Heh, nah...best to keep it "inspired by", or at least along OGL lines. Those are how KoTC and Incursion stay on solid footing.

WoTC/ATARI are kind of dicks about most things anyways.

Speaking of OGL, there's also Pathfinder as an option---as it certainly still lacks any videogame presence for some insane reason...

NIN90

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, its asking me for a server. Is there any reason I should pick any specific one?

Most of us are playing on UK2 but you can change the server everytime you login.

Unicorn

ElectricThunder said:
Heh, nah...best to keep it "inspired by", or at least along OGL lines. Those are how KoTC and Incursion stay on solid footing.

WoTC/ATARI are kind of dicks about most things anyways.

I was thinking more in terms of a virtual tabletop with rules, etc automatically taken care of. Kind of like Magic Workstation and other similar programs. Could help with people that can't always meet face to face to play.

Then again, it'll never exist, so I can only dream. :c

Flunkie

Banned
This server thing is making my games disappear. I have two games appear in the Games section in the lower left, but after I pick a server they go away. These games were started before they started making us choose a server.

Toma

Flunkie said:
This server thing is making my games disappear. I have two games appear in the Games section in the lower left, but after I pick a server they go away. These games were started before they started making us choose a server.
What happens If you chose a game before choosing a server?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This game is brilliant, I would be totally happy with an X-COM/Jagged Alliance that used this system. So sooo good.

Aon

I'm trying to get onto the server to start my games but it's having issues :(
Hopefully I'll manage to get on sometime today.

Top Bottom