• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Neki

Toma said:
I dont :p

But in all seriousness, I can imagine why people do. They make it more complicated to predict what might happen, which is actually the reason why I like them. Yesterday, I started a match where I had a few guys trapped in a room (if they would have walked the only way, they would have died), and I just made them a way out of it without the fear of getting them into crossfire from the enemy.

I just hate that it destroys cover. maybe it exposes the camper that I truly am.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Code:
Tournament, Dark Extermination, We'll start after the Steam Summer Sale 
ADD YOURSELF IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

(getting too long, shortened:
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29080794&postcount=901"]01-53, click to see[/URL])
54. Anilusion
55. Atrophis

Quoted and shortened for the new page.

I'm also here on a long shot. Does anyone have spare copy, purchased during the current steam sale, that I can buy? I've got paypal funds at the ready.

Or if anyone wants to split a brand new purchase, I'm game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reluctant-Hero said:
I'm also here on a long shot. Does anyone have spare copy, purchased during the current steam sale, that I can buy? I've got paypal funds at the ready.

Or if anyone wants to split a brand new purchase, I'm game.

Ask this guy:

Atrophis said:
Still have a copy spare...

Atrophis Profile

Toma

CzarTim said:
Even though starting with horrible map position sucks, it's awesome when you're on the other end. This poor guy only had one exit to his base, which was pretty easy to cover. I expected him to be more aggressive with using his rocket to crate another exit.

Haha, thats one way to see it :p

CzarTim said:
Even though starting with horrible map position sucks, it's awesome when you're on the other end. This poor guy only had one exit to his base, which was pretty easy to cover. I expected him to be more aggressive with using his rocket to crate another exit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv260Yi4WBQ

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU I was on the same map and on the losing end as well. I ran for my life and got shot to shit.

Edit: how the hell did youtube to work?

Toma

Artofwar420 said:
I'm probably too nooby to go into the tournament, but feel free to friend me. I'll be playing often. I am "Wariov"

Probably 90% of the people on the list are beginners as well. So I wouldnt say you are too nooby. Its about the fun of participating anyway :)

And you still got a few days to practice.

Atrophis

I think ive spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do next against Toma. I have a feeling im still going to get massacred XD

Edit: Or not!

Toma

Atrophis said:
I think ive spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do next against Toma. I have a feeling im still going to get massacred XD

Edit: Or not!

Good job ;)

RyanDG

Gah - I have a 3 to 1 advantage but think I'm about to be drawn out in Dark Extermination because the guy is hiding and I can't find him. :(

TheExodu5

Banned
RyanDG said:
Gah - I have a 3 to 1 advantage but think I'm about to be drawn out in Dark Extermination because the guy is hiding and I can't find him. :(

The person with the least amount of units at the end loses.

I'd like to play against some semi-random people instead of completely random people so anybody that wants to can add me in-game. Name is areobloust.

RyanDG

So does GAF happen to have a group set up for this yet on Steam Communities? I get a lot of random invites and I don't know if they are from GAF or not so I have a tendency of just declining them. If you guys want to play me, go ahead and send a friend request through steam first so I know where it's coming from. I'm a bit anti-social when it comes to my online gaming unless I know who is inviting me first (unless I'm playing random matches of course). :p

Zomo

Toma said:
Code:
Tournament, Dark Extermination, We'll start after the Steam Summer Sale 
ADD YOURSELF IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

(getting too long, shortened:
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29080794&postcount=901"]01-53, click to see[/URL])
54. Anilusion
55. Atrophis
56. Doolez

Quoted and shortened for the new page.

Pretty new to this but what the hell :D

Nishastra

Banned
Fiiiinally finished the 12th campaign mission. Got lucky and had a clear shot to the rocket guy before he blew up the entire universe, and managed to lure out the guys guarding the room I had to get into.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr_Guillotine said:
I'm so bad at this game, 0 wins and 3 losses. I'm having fun but damn.

Yeah, getting the level 10 achievement is going to take me forever. Stupid rockets into starting spawn maps. *mumble grumble*

InertiaXr

Are machine gunners able to shoot over cover??? I had a guy sitting at a cover spot in the middle of a wall and an AI MG just comes up on the other side and stands there too. I moved my guy around to another window and made him stand up and then he would shoot. I am sure I have used cover to shoot from behind in a multiplayer match before.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No. Your gunners or rockets can't shoot over cover. Grenades can be tossed over cover, but you HAVE to be standing if you want to shoot over cover. Ducking is more meant for proper cover and recon in dark modes.

Kalnos

Banned
I think I'm at 25-8 now. I had some cocky bastard pick my final tile on Dark Charge and it took him like 5 of the 6 turns just to get to me.
KuGsj.gif

Codeblue

5-2 now and I think my sixth win is all but secured. My record against AI is much worse.

I joined a game with someone that does not appear to be coming back. Does that game just sit there forever or does he time out at some point?

Neki

Codeblue said:
5-2 now and I think my sixth win is all but secured. My record against AI is much worse.

I joined a game with someone that does not appear to be coming back. Does that game just sit there forever or does he time out at some point?

How do you know he's not coming back? lol

Palmer_v1

Codeblue said:

I think I read that you forfeit the match if you go a week without taking your turn.

Codeblue

Ultimoo said:
How do you know he's not coming back? lol

I'm his first online match and he hasn't even taken his first turn and it's been four days. I don't really mind that game sitting there forever since I can just hide it, I was just wondering.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I don't have much of a problem with the AI, but humans I can't deal with. I'm currently standing at 2-10.

Anyone out there want to play me and maybe give me advise on what I'm doing wrong? Or just to brutally kill me? I'll have fun either way. In game ID is n8BitMan as well as Steam ID.

Palmer_v1

n8BitMan said:
Alright, I don't have much of a problem with the AI, but humans I can't deal with. I'm currently standing at 2-10.

Anyone out there want to play me and maybe give me advise on what I'm doing wrong? Or just to brutally kill me? I'll have fun either way. In game ID is n8BitMan as well as Steam ID.

I don't mind playing and offering some suggestions. I'm 33-9 on the Texas server. Steam name and game name are both Tygell i think.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering how long it takes for you guys to finish an average online game?

I'm reluctant to jump into multiplayer just yet outside of friends as I"ll probably put the guy to sleep due to how long it takes me each turn. During single, one game takes about an hour cause I run so many sims to make sure I'm not overlooking anything and to get timing right etc >_<

Neki

Andiie said:

I'm reluctant to jump into multiplayer just yet outside of friends as I"ll probably put the guy to sleep due to how long it takes me each turn. During single, one game takes about an hour cause I run so many sims to make sure I'm not overlooking anything and to get timing right etc >_<

It doesn't matter, you don't have to play the game in real time. Take as long as you want, (not a week though) but the idea is that you're running multiple games at the same time, and you don't need to be playing them all right when you start. I was playing with some people on GAF and if we're both there, it took maybe 15-20 minutes, and if not, maybe it'll take one to two days, but no hurry to really finish it.

Palmer_v1

Andiie said:

You don't have to play an entire game in one sitting! In multi, it will tell you if the other player is actively in match with you or not, as well. When I feel like playing, I usually queue for 5 or 6 games at once, so I have plenty of turns to take throughout the day.

n8BitMan said:

Can't find your name in FS, but I added you on steam. Hit me up whenever you are online and see me.

InertiaXr

I was starting to get irritated with this as I started 3-1 online then went like 0-9, and just won my 4th overall game. So fun to hit the 'find me a game!' button and beat some random internet dude down in 3 turns.

Add me on UK1 if you want, same name as here InertiaXr.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Palmer_v1 said:
Can't find your name in FS, but I added you on steam. Hit me up whenever you are online and see me.
Must be because I failed to mention that I'm on UK1 (even though I'm in the US).

You can pop on any server yeah? It's just your stats aren't transferred?

Palmer_v1

n8BitMan said:
Must be because I failed to mention that I'm on UK1 (even though I'm in the US).

You can pop on any server yeah? It's just your stats aren't transferred?

I believe so. Your stats might get combined eventually when the servers are finally combined though.

kunu

Yup, still sucking. I think I'm at 4-9. If anyone wants to play me for free wins or whatever, I'm on UK1, and my ID is koonal. I'd love some friendly games against those who are struggling in online as well :D

Soktos

Would love to play against some GAF'ers. Do we have a server we use? I have been playing on Texas, as it seems to be the most populated.

Feel free to add me on Steam and in game... "Soktos" for both.

And I am on now if anyone wants a match.

Top Bottom