• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Found a nice feature. Seems its not completely implemented yet but still in the game. You can view your matches without the Pause sections as a complete video. (Sorry if it was already mentioned)

Frozen Synapse Forums said:
Load the match

Open the console with ` (or ^ for europeans)

type:

testSnapcam();

Close the console with ` (or ^ for europeans)

Toma said:
Found a nice feature. Seems its not completely implemented yet but still in the game. You can view your matches without the Pause sections as a complete video. (Sorry if it was already mentioned)

That's great. I was thinking about asking the devs to add something like this.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'd be totally up for a small tournament to stir up some competitional spirits.

Best 2 out of 3 for each round, Dark Extermination.

Anyone willing to participate? We'll talk about time tables later when we know how many will participate, but I'd suggest Insta Win for someone waiting 3 days for a match, and not more than 1 day time for each turn?

Add yourself to the list if you'd like to participate:

Participants:

1. Toma

Toma

NIN90 said:

For the lazy :p

Participants:

1. Toma
2. NIN90

Please add yourself to the list if you'd like to participate ;)

Toma

1. Toma
2. NIN90
3. Sectus
4. Moobs

Something unrelated to the tourney: What is this "following you" function about?

I added Nabs and Nin as friends, but there is no challenge a friend function somewhere right? Would be handy to have all friends in one place to choose for a match.

Toma

Also: It seems like the server cant take it anymore. Cant login and in their forums it seems to be the same for many. Hope they upgrade soon.

Vyer

Anyone know if the multiplayer works cross platform? Buddy would be using his mac and I would use my win 7 rig.

I'm almost done with the campaign (level 52) and I'd be glad to join the tournament. I should be able to squeeze in a few practice multiplayer matches before that. @Toma: BracketMaker is a pretty neat tool if you need help to set up the tournament bracket.

My friend just gifted this last night. It's awesome, I love programming AI routines for games and mods but this game is kicking my ass. I'll play in a tournament if you're looking for extra numbers.

My synapse name is snoopeasystreet (like my gaf name) if anyone wants to add me to the GAF list.

Yeah, they're on the case with the servers. Seriously, I don't think anyone at Mode7 expected this kind of success!

From Paul Taylor's Twitter:

apologies for the Frozen Synapse game server issues today - we are integrating a new system right now to cope with the traffic

doing our best on that. thanks to the elite team who saved our web servers yesterday as well

you can still play single player while all this nonsense goes down, btw - no online activation required!

still can't believe we're in the top sellers list on Steam...

Encouragement going out to Ian, Paul and Co. at Mode7!

I've updated the OP with player names, by the by.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Which servers are old games on, or is the 3 servers up right now different from the server I made games on a few days ago?

Did the stats just get wiped? Mine did anyway. Not a huge problem though since i had 2-6 but would like to know if it was just me or if everyone got wiped.

pappakenoo said:
Did the stats just get wiped? Mine did anyway. Not a huge problem though since i had 2-6 but would like to know if it was just me or if everyone got wiped.

I dare say your stats will return, once there's some sort of server collation. I could be wrong, though.

TxdoHawk

Hooray, glad this is working again.

In other news...seeing setups like this makes me understand why some people don't like the randomized "situations" for Extermination. I'm a fan of the randomness, even if it occasionally produces results like these.

Edit: Oh, it looks like someone put up a way earlier game where I wound up completely annihilated. This was when I just started playing...was quite humbling.

adg1034

If anyone's got an extra copy, I'd be more than willing to pay for it. Otherwise, if there's someone looking to be the second person in a two-pack, I'll gladly handle the buying...

Toma

Still places open for the tournament until the servers are somewhat fixed:

1. Toma
2. NIN90
3. Sectus
4. Moobs
5. Drkirby
6. snoopeasystreet
7. archnemesis

Edit: are the servers working now for you guys?

adg1034 said:
If anyone's got an extra copy, I'd be more than willing to pay for it. Otherwise, if there's someone looking to be the second person in a two-pack, I'll gladly handle the buying...
I've got an extra copy, which you can have for free. You'll just need to tell me your desired username, password and email.

Unicorn

DeathIsTheEnd said:
I've got an extra copy, which you can have for free. You'll just need to tell me your desired username, password and email.
If he's too slow, I'll eat it up!

Just PM me.

I'm dying to try this game.

If I'm too late... anyone else feeling generous?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope they add some 4 play modes some day, I think they could work in 2v2 and everyone on their own (Or 3v1 where the 1 has as many guys as the 3)

Toma

Drkirby said:
I hope they add some 4 play modes some day, I think they could work in 2v2 and everyone on their own (Or 3v1 where the 1 has as many guys as the 3)

Yup, I was thinking of the same just a while ago. 2vs2 would be sweet.

Toma

Damn, my mp matches are on a server which isnt online now. The Texas one I believe.
:(

Toma

Anyone up for a game on UK2? People never stay for a few minutes, and its nice to concentrate on a match.

And do we find more people for our first tournament? If not, we'll start the first one with 8.

Are there more interested in a small tournament? Add yourself to the list then.

1. Toma
2. NIN90
3. Sectus
4. Moobs
5. Drkirby
6. snoopeasystreet
7. archnemesis
8. OldGamer

n0b

Toma said:
Anyone up for a game on UK2? People never stay for a few minutes, and its nice to concentrate on a match.

And do we find more people for our first tournament? If not, we'll start the first one with 8.

Are there more interested in a small tournament? Add yourself to the list then.

1. Toma
2. NIN90
3. Sectus
4. Moobs
5. Drkirby
6. snoopeasystreet
7. archnemesis
8. OldGamer
9. n0b

sounds fun

Toma

Uploaded my first video just to check out the upload function. And in case anyones interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZxLktIDBM

I had stupid luck that I hit his machine gunner with my first grenade.

I'll also use this account to upload tournament videos of my matches. Would be nice to collect youtube videos of the matches where possible and then to see how we are improving or whatever. I would love to collect those videos in the tournament ranking.

ToyBroker

Banned
Computer keeps kicking the shit out of me..it's like their aim is better than mine.

Their snipers shoot first and everything :(

The rocket launchers are stupid too.

Game should be purely tactical with assault rifles, snipers, and light machine gunners only.

Unicorn

ToyBroker said:
Computer keeps kicking the shit out of me..it's like their aim is better than mine.

Their snipers shoot first and everything :(

The rocket launchers are stupid too.

Game should be purely tactical with assault rifles, snipers, and light machine gunners only.
I haven't played it, but from that Brit video, it seems that some weapons have priority over others, unless you are already stationed and aiming in the right direction. He claimed it was all mathematical and there were no dice rolls or luck involved. Wish I could play to see for myself, though.

Toma

Unicorn said:
I haven't played it, but from that Brit video, it seems that some weapons have priority over others, unless you are already stationed and aiming in the right direction. He claimed it was all mathematical and there were no dice rolls or luck involved. Wish I could play to see for myself, though.

Yup. Definitely. If you simulate the exact same constellation over and over again, you'll always have the same "winner" in a fire fight. You need to change some parameters, meaning, use tactics to change this fate.

asHLp.jpg

Take that stupid AI opponents! I completed the campaign.

PaulLFC

Is there a demo planned for this? Or should I just buy it? Not sure I can convince anyone else to split the cost at the moment.

Toma

snoopeasystreet said:
Game reminds me of programming robocode a few years ago. So good.

Most recently it reminded me of Spacechem. To optimize working patterns etc. There are a LOT of difference, but it struck the same vein in me I guess.

PaulLFC said:
Is there a demo planned for this? Or should I just buy it? Not sure I can convince anyone else to split the cost at the moment.

Just buy it and linger in this thread. There will be a lot more people like you who want to share so I wouldnt doubt you'll get rid of it eventually. We might even consider making a section in the OP with people who still have their 2nd to give.

Unicorn

Toma said:
Most recently it reminded me of Spacechem. To optimize working patterns etc. There are a LOT of difference, but it struck the same vein in me I guess.
Reminds me of a Dawn of War game on PSP, but instead of turn exchange, it's shared turn.

Top Bottom