• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Kweh

How does this gifting work? At what point can I do it? Do I choose Purchase For Myself or Purchase As Gift?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You get a copy and then you go into Games > Manage Gift Passes and then you send the extra copy from there.

Almyn

HBroward said:
Does anyone know how to access the soundtrack on the Steam version? I can't find it anywhere.

From the Steam menu, Select View then tools. It's listed there, And can be downloaded.

Daigoro

can someone check the main site for me to see if its down please?

i want to buy it through there but cant access it.

Moobabe said:
Just a bit of smack talk son, try not to be as sensitive in-game.
k sparky have fun.

Moobabe

Daigoro said:
k sparky have fun.

Good lord - the thing I enjoy most about competitive games like this is the.. well... competition. If you truly believe I'd sit here being deliberately hostile, for no reason, on an internet forum that I pity your opinion of people.

Daigoro

Moobabe said:
Good lord - the thing I enjoy most about competitive games like this is the.. well... competition. If you truly believe I'd sit here being deliberately hostile, for no reason, on an internet forum that I pity your opinion of people.

you can be competitive and not be a jackass you know. or do you?

it was a snotty comment, so i called you on it. maybe you're friends with the guy, i dont know. if not, you're acting like an asshole.

keep the pity. dont give a shit.

Moobabe

Daigoro said:
you can be competitive and not be a jackass you know. or do you?

it was a snotty comment, so i called you on it. maybe you're friends with the guy, i dont know. if not, you're acting like an asshole.

keep the pity. dont give a shit.

So assuming my comment was completely serious; I'd be a jackass. After all - me WANTING to ruin a game that I enjoy for someone else right?

On the flipside - assuming that I wasn't serious at all and was giving a bit of smack talk - mere POSTS after suggesting an arranged FS tournament in which I'd pay for the prize - that would mean you're being completely irrational.

Moobabe

InfectedZero said:
You guys should take this ingame.

Downloading now.

I would take it in-game - would probably have to be completely silent though, just in case anything was taken the wrong way :p

Anyway - it's good to see there's about 1000 people online at the moment. Some of the stats are being a bit laggy with the servers getting hammered but games are still functional.

I'm still on the fence about this and wasn't interested at all this morning. However, the WTF Is Frozen Synapse by TotalBiscuit piqued my interest - so, what say you? Is it as autoorgasmically good as he makes it sound?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'd try some multiplayer games if someone is up for it. Preferably someone who is also a bit new, but it doesnt matter really.

I am TomaLexi and currently online if you want to challenge me :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
nabs? Why did I win this game? Is there a round limit? You still had one soldier left. And if yes, where can I see the round limit?

Sorry for asking stupid questions.

Nabs

Toma said:
nabs? Why did I win this game? Is there a round limit? You still had one soldier left. And if yes, where can I see the round limit?

Sorry for asking stupid questions.

I guess there was a turn limit. gg anyway.

The turn limit is shown in the upper right corner, near the type of match.

Extermination lasts 8 turns.

EDIT: the servers (?) are (is?) overloaded. They probably didn't expect this kind of traffic. That's very nice for them.

Bisonian

Just purchased it on Steam and I seem to be having problems creating a new account. Servers seem totally slammed I guess. Props to TotalBiscuit for putting me over the top on my decision to buy it. Looking forward to hopefully playing some entry level matches soon.

Toma

Bisonian said:
Just purchased it on Steam and I seem to be having problems creating a new account. Servers seem totally slammed I guess. Props to TotalBiscuit for putting me over the top on my decision to buy it. Looking forward to hopefully playing some entry level matches soon.

Where did the traffic come from anyway? Was there a recent promotional push? didnt see any ads for the sale on steam.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
so after some practicing, please at me to the player list... FS name is Schnitzelfee....looking forward to fight you guys :p

Toma

The_Super_Inframan said:
so after some practicing, please at me to the player list... FS name is Schnitzelfee....looking forward to fight you guys :p

Same here, TomaLexi.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Pylon_Trooper said:
Fellows, as of this very moment...

Frozen Synapse is out now!
Wait, how did I miss this? Where? What? I was so hyped for this game!

Going to try and buy off Steam now

EDIT: Oh wow, two copies with every purchase? Very very nice.

Bisonian

Toma said:
Where did the traffic come from anyway? Was there a recent promotional push? didnt see any ads for the sale on steam.

I had read about it way early in beta, but the Eurogamer final review is what drew me in. Finally got my account created too, hooray. If anyone is having problems try exiting the game and restarting a few times until it works.

ghst said:
i'm sorta kinda maybe hoping for some kind of free trial version/demo for the discerning masses to shove their snouts into before i start shepherding attention for this game, something like a limited version of skirmish mode with the initial tutorial.

evangelising is made so much easier when all you need convince people to do is click a download button.

Too true. Hopefully something is mentioned. As well as a demo, I'm hoping they start doing their Visiting The Village podcast again - one of the best gaming podcasts on the net. Smart and succinct. Keeps the herd away.

Added all your names to the list, too. Great to see so many folks indulging.

Toma

Those singleplayer missions are haaaard. I guess I need to play more multiplayer matches to get prepared for those singleplayer challenges :p Level 3 is beating my ass.

Guys, this just in from the devs:

Guys, we are currently undergoing server strain like I was never, ever expecting. The server is currently just about functioning, but slowly. First two important points:

- if you are stuck for a long time registering, please restart the game and try again

- if you still can’t get on, please play the single player for a while – we’re trying to upgrade our server capacity

- you activate your friend key in game after you have registered

- if your friend has not received his mail, send him the download location you recieved along with his account details

- if you still cannot sort out your friend key, please email paul bat mode7games bot com with your exact situation, forwarding your purchase email

- if you are unable to activate a key on Steam, we may not be able to sort it out for a day or so – please play outside Steam and rest assured that all keys bought from us will register on Steam very soon.

We are basically overwhelmed, both physically and emotionally, by the support we have already received from FS. Please trust that we are working as hard as we can to improve the server situation, but the single player is fully functional and we expect to sort out the servers very shortly.

Thank you,

Mode 7

There're some links at that post that could help you if you're having problems, so check 'em out.

Toma said:

Well, it was only released yesterday. Before that it was in beta and wasn't available on Steam, i.e. wasn't available anywhere.

Toma

BobJustBob said:
Well, it was only released yesterday. Before that it was in beta and wasn't available on Steam, i.e. wasn't available anywhere.

Yeah, I thought it was out already for a while. No wonder their server is getting hammered.

HBroward

Fulleffect said:
never has my computer crashed before.. but everytime i load this game, hard freeze :/

buyers remorse setting in :(

Do you have a 69xx card? Supposedly you have to force vsync outside the game for it to start properly on those cards.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So what are the odds of this game coming to iphone/ipad platforms? Seems like it's made for it.

Top Bottom