• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebro is good at what he does. He always finds a way to siphon any success or drama in hip hop into Hot 97. It would be impressive if it wasn't so cynical and pathetic.

I'd bet money he's trying to get Meek on the show right now, and probably even promising him a headline position at Summer Jam next year.

Kyzer

Banned
I feel like Meek might have been fed bad info. But the way 40 responded, OG Maco getting involved, and Drake not straight up saying he writes all his verses and all the allegations are inaccurate....things could still end up going either way.

IrishNinja

I'd rather get solo albums before RTJ3. Let t breath...

Like you cacs aren't gonna gobble up RTJ3 just like the last 2
P5QZIJf.png

Take a L to Drake brehs

Bad omen for hip hop in 2015. Been a great year so far, but now second half gon be flabby and sick. Swish gon drop and its been reworked into an dreamy synthpop album on some Deadwater shit. Gibbs new mixtape got Flab-Soul on every hook cuz of contract negotiations. Souja Boy gon come back with a song everybody hate but can't escape the radio. Birdman gon come out the closet and release a sex tape with Lil' Wayne. Obama gon announce his favorite Nas record was Nastradamus.

Its over ya'll

#positivity2k15

like every other druggie rapper he's done his share of hard work for his career, time to release a lot of half baked projects with bad beats that aren't mastered

UkwXs8a.png

DOOM's influence too skrong

Hip hop is fucking fiending for any kinda beef these days huh

Somebody just shoot somebody fuck

Kyzer

Banned
who cares about og maco though

true...

but isnt he friends with quentin miller?

I could also see this fiasco exploding more, mixed with peoples misunderstanding about the way songwriting works in any other genre in general, and it damaging a lot more rappers before its over.

Courage

I could also see this fiasco exploding more, mixed with peoples misunderstanding about the way songwriting works in any other genre in general

People generally don't care about shit like artistic integrity, they only care about the end product. The majority tuning in was purely for the spectacle. The fiasco/beef is pretty much done if Meek won't drop a response track.

Kyzer

Banned
People generally don't care about shit like artistic integrity, they only care about the end product. The majority tuning in was purely for the spectacle. The fiasco/beef is pretty much done if Meek won't drop a response track.

Yeah look at how much everyone doesn't care...

If you're talking about billboard sales numbers, maybe you're right.

If you're talking about hipsters, hypebeasts, and people like us, you're gravely mistaken.

EDIT: just saw the meek screaming "diss" lol

injurai

Banned
I care about artistic integrity. I used to shit on Kanye, but then you realize how open he is about collaboration. He is like a director of this huge piece of work. He will defer to others, but he is still editing it all together. Be like Kanye.

Courage

If you're talking about hipsters, hypebeasts, and people like us, you're gravely mistaken.

'Hypebeasts' are gonna trend hop anyways, that's irrelevant to Drake's credibility as an artist.

Mostly everyone in here already knew what ghostwriting entails, and didn't think much of it. The crux of the exposé was to find out how much of his material was ghostwritten, and we may never find that out now. With that said, people are still gonna enjoy Drake's new album if it's good. A single reference track being played won't change a thing.

I care about artistic integrity. I used to shit on Kanye, but then you realize how open he is about collaboration. He is like a director of this huge piece of work. He will defer to others, but he is still editing it all together. Be like Kanye.

I also care to a degree. I was mostly referring to the general public that casually or socially listen to music but are still Drake fans.

Fjordson

Only important debate is whether Hotline Bling is a better summer track than the Sweeterman remix. Can't decide.

A single reference track being played won't change a thing.
Even reference track is being generous. One verse that was wack compared to the final product lol. For a song where credit was given.

TBH the people who care most about the ghostwriter story are people who never liked Drake in the first place. Folks like...well, many of us here. To me it further invalidates the notion that he can be seen as one of the greats.

But if you're just some wack ass kid, of course you won't care. Rap and pop have blended so much that people don't give a fuck about who is writing. The previous standards and norms don't matter to these people.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ebro is good at what he does. He always finds a way to siphon any success or drama in hip hop into Hot 97. It would be impressive if it wasn't so cynical and pathetic.

I'd bet money he's trying to get Meek on the show right now, and probably even promising him a headline position at Summer Jam next year.
Evidently not when Hot97 has been beaten for the first time in decades ratings-wise, forced to put 105.1 in the app named after their station slogan, Ebro being transitioned out of his managerial job to a personality job, Breakfast Club is catching up in markets and might even be in more now (lol @ Ebro cracking that he doesn't care about the cities in Mississippi they reach when just a year ago he was bragging about Hot97 being superior because they hit so many markets), etc. It's everything Ebro doesn't mention on air that's worth noting.

Power 105.1's power play was getting Angie Martinez, who is a radio legend and an OG when it comes to keeping it real on the radio, which is fitting to complement the Breakfast Club. Hot97's move was some native Mitchell & Ness advertising and throwing whoever they can into the morning show to make it stick.

EDIT: Also Hot97's TV show bombing crazy quick and Breakfast Club still on Revolt.

IrishNinja

TBH the people who care most about the ghostwriter story are people who never liked Drake in the first place. Folks like...well, many of us here. To me it further invalidates the notion that he can be seen as one of the greats.

100% agreed, but this kinda goes back to your prior clinic on Dre though

hahaha damn

Angie Martinez, who is a radio legend and an OG when it comes to keeping it real on the radio

oh

lol wtf

How did this Ebro speech + the Drake/Meek thing just turn into a Hot97 vs. Power 105 thing. What left turn did I miss?

Watched that video like

iws01oy6qefw20luok.gif

Evidently not when Hot97 has been beaten for the first time in decades ratings-wise, forced to put 105.1 in the app named after their station slogan, Ebro being transitioned out of his managerial job to a personality job, Breakfast Club is catching up in markets and might even be in more now (lol @ Ebro cracking that he doesn't care about the cities in Mississippi they reach when just a year ago he was bragging about Hot97 being superior because they hit so many markets), etc. It's everything Ebro doesn't mention on air that's worth noting.

Power 105.1's power play was getting Angie Martinez, who is a radio legend and an OG when it comes to keeping it real on the radio, which is fitting to complement the Breakfast Club. Hot97's move was some native Mitchell & Ness advertising and throwing whoever they can into the morning show to make it stick.

EDIT: Also Hot97's TV show bombing crazy quick and Breakfast Club still on Revolt.

I know they're losing against Power 105. I'm saying Ebro does a good job of siphoning fuckery and making Hot 97 a story. They may not be winning but they're doing well with their bullshit stunts. I love when it doesn't work tho. Last week Ebro was talking shit about Ciara, trying to get that Future interview...but Future decided to go on the Breakfast Club instead.

RP912

Banned
Screw it...

The Lost Tapes>>>>>Stillmatic>>>>>Illmatic>>>>>God Son>>>>>It was writen>>>>HHID>>>>Untitled>>>Streets Discipline>>Nastradamus>>>>I Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom