• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
yooooo I cooked a pile of sliced zucchini in my pasta last night it was lit

So I chopped up the chicken and sauteed it in beer, onions, worcestershire sauce and a tablespoon of sugar and olive oil. Slow cooked it to reduce the sauce.

The sauteed up the zucchini with some garlic and balsamic.

Damn that was good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really liking this Pusha. Pusha continuing to show more and more diversity with every project. There are a lot of different sounding songs on here, but I think it's missing the :wow: standouts that his debut had, and also the rest of the albums on my Top 10 of the year have.

Love the entire approach with the album, from the lyrics-first marketing to him going into the studio and telling all the producers he wants every B-side beat they got to get that album cut feel.

EDIT: Actually maybe not. Hmm, the bottom of my top 10 is really moving around.

Eos

Who is your guys' favourite feature killer of this year? Trying to see if I forgot someone who has stood out but imo Q has killed all his (few) features this year. Future too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is your guys' favourite feature killer of this year? Trying to see if I forgot someone who has stood out but imo Q has killed all his (few) features this year. Future too.
Been wondering too since it wasn't that much of a feature-heavy year, but I think I'm going to give it to Drake:

R.I.C.O.
Where Ya At
Blessings
My Way
Drama

Big songs, big verses. Future has relatively few features looking back, but I can see an argument for Future.

So many good songs this year I'm having difficulty narrowing it down to 10.

Really liking this Pusha. Pusha continuing to show more and more diversity with every project. There are a lot of different sounding songs on here, but I think it's missing the :wow: standouts that his debut had, and also the rest of the albums on my Top 10 of the year have.

Love the entire approach with the album, from the lyrics-first marketing to him going into the studio and telling all the producers he wants every B-side beat they got to get that album cut feel.

EDIT: Actually maybe not. Hmm, the bottom of my top 10 is really moving around.

Yeah I agree the fact that he went dark the whole project really makes it for me the production is great as well Metro did his thing for the intro probably my most played track. FIFA will be big grower for me as well.

BlackJace

I have to say Future as well, dude has been everywhere, and I can't say he's made the songs he's featured on worse as a result (except maybe Drinks on Us).

IrishNinja

my appreciation of Young Thug increases when I think of him as a cartoon voice actor who happened to get into to rapping

rap game Tom Kenny

ohhh.png

Made a playlist to commemorate the past year in rap/hip-hop, definitely NSFW and I recommend turning on the shuffle option

The Year in Review (2015) Playlist

wildin out at work, thanks des

Fjordson

Been wondering too since it wasn't that much of a feature-heavy year, but I think I'm going to give it to Drake:

R.I.C.O.
Where Ya At
Blessings
My Way
Drama

Big songs, big verses. Future has relatively few features looking back, but I can see an argument for Future.
Agreed.

Squalor

Is it bad that part of me wants to at least give Chris Brown some recognition?

Hahahaha.

Is Baby Face Killa worth listening to if I liked Pinata?

Pinata is an outlier in his discography, something he did intentionally to show his versatility. It's very much a Freddie Gibbs & MADLIB project. There's no guarantee that you'll enjoy his other work if you love Pinata for Madlib specifically.

BFK is absolutely worth checking out though, as are the rest of his albums, especially Shadow of a Doubt, which is in many ways a sample platter of everything he's done to this point. I listen to those albums MUCH more than Pinata, actually.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

IrishNinja

souljahs proudly lining up to shit on crazy-talented underground MC's and top-tier producers

13 pages or 10 days, either can't happen quick enough

HiResDes

Pinata is an outlier in his discography, something he did intentionally to show his versatility. It's very much a Freddie Gibbs & MADLIB project. There's no guarantee that you'll enjoy his other work if you love Pinata for Madlib specifically.

BFK is absolutely worth checking out though, as are the rest of his albums, especially Shadow of a Doubt, which is in many ways a sample platter of everything he's done to this point. I listen to those albums MUCH more than Pinata, actually.
Perfect response really.

T Dollarz

I'd recommend ESGN with those two as well. Especially if your whip can handle it.

IrishNinja

i don't recall but i mean, he went out like a G...could've been a mod and still would've gotten bodied for that

still got his post backed up somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom