• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
cross posting from the other thread

Hip Hop Albums of the Year List:

1) Vince Staples - Summertime '06
2) Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
3) Future - DS2
4) Robb Bank$ - Year of the Savage
5) Bones – BANSHEE
6) Nickelus F & Shawn Kemp - Trick Dice
7) Mac Miller - GO:OD AM
8) Denzel Curry - 32 Zel / Planet Shrooms
9) Dr. Yen Lo - Days With Dr. Yen Lo
10) Starlito - I'm Moving to Houston

Hip Hop EPs of the Year List:

1) Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Live Forever
2) Chester Watson - Summer Mirage/Autumn Mirage
3) Open Mike Eagle - A Special Episode Of
4) Ratking - 700 Fill
5) $UICIDEBOY$ & Pouya - $OUTH $IDE $UICIDE
6) Sir Michael Rocks - Populair

Hip Hop Songs of the Year List:
1) Vince Staples - Summertime
2) Chester Watson - Musuems
3) Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Ice Cups
4) Earl Sweatshirt - Grief
5) Future - The Percocet & Stripper Joint
6) Denzel Curry - Ultimate
7) Mac Miller ft. Miguel - Weekend
8) Drake & Future – Big Rings
9) Robb Bank$ ft. IndigoChildRock - FuckUMean
10) Meek Mill - Check

Exodust

Banned
https://twitter.com/Alchemist/status/680765511290892288
aXC9nsJ.png

As the guy who liked some OxyMoron tracks enough to keep em in my iPod I'm not really expecting much from Q this go around.

It's really funny how TDE/Black Hippy wasted their goodwill so quick. Aside from TPAB(not a big fan of the album myself but won't downplay the love it's getting) and OxyMoron(a disappointment but it had some hit singles and was somewhat relevant). Can't say I'm really checking for them anymore aside from maybe Kendrick. When 3 or 4 years ago I was anticipating their every move.

So I'm sitting here trying to finish this damn paper and a goddamn earthquake hits. And all I could think of was DJ Khaled going "they don't want you to finish your paper"
"GOD himself don't want you to finish that paper"

So I'm sitting here trying to finish this damn paper and a goddamn earthquake hits. And all I could think of was DJ Khaled going "they don't want you to finish your paper"
"GOD himself don't want you to finish that paper"

The key is to overcome

The key is to make it

Cuz you smart, finish that paper.

man i tried to give Cole/HBO the benefit of the doubt after that WaPo hit piece on their documentary. but after 2 eps (4 total to be released?) i have to agree that this shit is dull.

this a real missed opportunity imo.
I liked the first episode's bts look at the album creation process. Loses steam during the marketing process but overall it was cool to me. Haven't seen episode two...

I love documentaries about how albums are created. Hopefully we get one for TPAB eventually. Given the musical talents involved (Robert Glasper, Kamasi Washington, Terrace Martin, Quik, etc) a documentary would be perfect.

DominoKid

I liked the first episode's bts look at the album creation process. Loses steam during the marketing process but overall it was cool to me. Haven't seen episode two...

I love documentaries about how albums are created. Hopefully we get one for TPAB eventually. Given the musical talents involved (Robert Glasper, Kamasi Washington, Terrace Martin, Quik, etc) a documentary would be perfect.

the second one is basically the in & outs of concert setup/management. i did like the stuff with his lead security dude interesting.

Nabs

I saw this a week ago. Didn't post it because I love Toku and Nabs too much to hurt them. Don't believe DOOM's lies.

I'm already on the hype train. Doom is sounding good again, and he's riding boats randomly, watching youtube sermons about aliens and shit. He's charged up.

Cheddahz

Banned

Tory Lanez - Makaveli
Hudson Mohawke - Ryderz
Earl Sweatshirt - Huey
Freddie Gibbs - Careless
Kodak Black - Rock Bottom
Sporting Life - Badd
Kelela - Rewind
DJ Paypal - Ahhhhhhh
G Herbo - L's
Balam Acab - Spent Live
Susanne Sundfør - Delirious
Sophie - Just Like We Never Said Goodbye
Pusha T - Crutches Crosses Caskets
Vince Staples - Jump Off The Roof
Jeremih - Paradise

HiResDes

Tory Lanez - Makaveli
Hudson Mohawke - Ryderz
Earl Sweatshirt - Huey
Freddie Gibbs - Careless
Kodak Black - Rock Bottom
Sporting Life - Badd
Kelela - Rewind
DJ Paypal - Ahhhhhhh
G Herbo - L's
Balam Acab - Spent Live
Susanne Sundfør - Delirious
Sophie - Just Like We Never Said Goodbye
Pusha T - Crutches Crosses Caskets
Vince Staples - Jump Off The Roof
Jeremih - Paradise

GOOD LOOKS

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chixtape 3 and The New Toronto complement each other well, but both are only decent and don't have anything as good as the weakest songs on Cruel Intentions. Feel like Chixtape 3 is a bit more interesting, but both feel like they're full of a lot of okay-to-good- songs and not many standouts. Some of these flows get super repetitive too.

Who's doing the new thread, btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom