• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Get On Down with another re-release

Funny story about The Purple Tape.

My older brother wanted to hear it so badly when it first came out, that he made a deal with my dad: "buy it for me and I'll listen to it with you the first time through." And my dad actually did it.

So here's the three of us crowded around the tape player in this small ass bedroom, and Striving for Perfection comes on... . Halfway through Knuckleheadz, nobodies moved or said shit, but I'm sitting there terrified. Then Knowledge God comes on, and my dad went into this deep meditative state, which is shit he only did when he was deciding exactly how many times he was going to hit someone. In my mind I was yelling "GTFO son!", but my dad was siting in front of the door and I'd have to step over him to open the door and get out. I made it to Guillotine, then I pulled the, "I have to use the bathroom", and bolted, never to return. I figured my brother was already dead so I had to save myself.

They finished it though. My dad came out of the room so mad he took the tape and melted it with a welding tool. I asked my brother what happened after I left, and he said the dude just sat there, not moving an inch, through the entire tape. That's how angry he was.

A couple days later, ironically, I was watching Rap City and my dad came home right when the Ice Cream video came had started. Awkward. He blocked BET for months because of that.

I always give my pops credit for sitting through the entire tape though.

Funny story about The Purple Tape.

My older brother wanted to hear it so badly when it first came out, that he made a deal with my dad: "buy it for me and I'll listen to it with you the first time through." And my dad actually did it.

So here's the three of us crowded around the tape player in this small ass bedroom, and Striving for Perfection comes on... . Halfway through Knuckleheadz, nobodies moved or said shit, but I'm sitting there terrified. Then Knowledge God comes on, and my dad went into this deep meditative state, which is shit he only did when he was deciding exactly how many times he was going to hit someone. In my mind I was yelling "GTFO son!", but my dad was siting in front of the door and I'd have to step over him to open the door and get out. I made it to Guillotine, then I pulled the, "I have to use the bathroom", and bolted, never to return. I figured my brother was already dead so I had to save myself.

They finished it though. My dad came out of the room so mad he took the tape and melted it with a welding tool. I asked my brother what happened after I left, and he said the dude just sat there, not moving an inch, through the entire tape. That's how angry he was.

A couple days later, ironically, I was watching Rap City and my dad came home right when the Ice Cream video came had started. Awkward. He blocked BET for months because of that.

I always give my pops credit for sitting through the entire tape though.

Your dad is KenMasters?

Esch

Banned
Stop bitching lol. We're all young, our dicks work, our careers are getting started, we can still spit game at college aged girls and its not weird, foh. Dudes 22 years old complaining about shit; the world is your oyster brehs.

Cudder

83451242.gif

Esch

Banned
Lmao imagine being that goon that has to take pictures of khaled facepalming and taking bubble baths and shit. I hope that job has benefits.

#sufferingfromkhaledssuccess

Shit was dope though right? I dont even fuck with fast food anymore but I had to try that. Delicious.

Shit was awesome. I'm going to have to consciously avoid going back too soon, because it was damn good; but I don't want to be eating that stuff regularly lol.

Lots of work provided lunch this week, I've been eating poorly. Today we had Mediterranean food. Love that shit.

Cudder

Shit was awesome. I'm going to have to consciously avoid going back too soon, because it was damn good; but I don't want to be eating that stuff regularly lol.

Lots of work provided lunch this week, I've been eating poorly. Today we had Mediterranean food. Love that shit.

You bang the ma and daugh yet or what?

Esch

Banned

I felt the same way after eating it, like damn is this just really good cause I haven't eaten this poison in a while? Either way tbell put the shit food summer on smash, crushed the buildings with that shit. And its like 3 dollars and huge.

You bang the ma and daugh yet or what?

ah I posted about it on the other forum, forgot to mention it here.

Date was a success. We went to a nice Somalian restaurant, small place with real spicy food. Dunno brehs, she was cool and seemed into me but I didn't feel a spark on my end. And she spent a lot of time talking about her dad which was odd to me. As in "my dad always says..." multiple times, shit was beyond annoying. And her favorite movie is Diary Of A Mad Black Woman...

She wants to go out again though, I'm going to do it. We both jog so she suggested we do that together.

Cudder

ah I posted about it on the other forum, forgot to mention it here.

Date was a success. We went to a nice Somalian restaurant, small place with real spicy food. Dunno brehs, she was cool and seemed into me but I didn't feel a spark on my end. And she spent a lot of time talking about her dad which was odd to me. As in "my dad always says..." multiple times, shit was beyond annoying. And her favorite movie is Diary Of A Mad Black Woman...

She wants to go out again though, I'm going to do it. We both jog so she suggested we do that together.

remember to eat that ass to lock her in

probably not after spicy somalian food though

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Khaled thirstin'
khaled.jpg

DJ Khaled put his heart on the line on Thursday when he recorded a marriage proposal to Nicki Minaj on MTV, but rumors are swirling that Nicki has responded with a restraining order.

The rumors have not been confirmed, but new details emerging about Nicki and DJ Khaled’s relationship suggests that the broadcast proposal isn’t actually as sweet as it may have seemed at first.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It has to be a publicity stunt. Even Khaled aka DJ Take an L isn't that fucking oblivious and pathetic. How would you ever be able to interact with anyone in the industry if you are simpin' that fucking hard and the response is a restraining order? Nobody could stop laughing long enough to work with you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It has to be a publicity stunt. Even Khaled aka DJ Take an L isn't that fucking oblivious and pathetic. How would you ever be able to interact with anyone in the industry if you are simpin' that fucking hard and the response is a restraining order? Nobody could stop laughing long enough to work with you.
Nicki already told everyone she talked with Khaled and it was a publicity stunt, trying to market the "feel" of their new record together.

Macca

I wish Snoop had've jumped on that Get Like Me beat, instead of Nicki. Would have been another Pharrell/Snoop knockout.

OG Kush

I'm 20, bout to start my second year of university at the end of September. Got exam retakes in august though (enjoyed first a bit too much!) and couldn't be happier. Fuck everyone at my age who wishes they were still a kid when everything was stress free. When I was 10 I couldn't wait to be an adult and right now I fucking love being 20. I'm free from my parents, got hot girls at uni, smoke endless amounts of weed, have many drunked random nights,have great friends, and I got that student loan baby! Yeah I'm gonna have to pay that shit back later on but right now life is good. Real good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nicki already told everyone she talked with Khaled and it was a publicity stunt, trying to market the "feel" of their new record together.

That sounds like a smooth label cover up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom