• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Are you not a fan of dark liquor?

Nah I usually just drink beer socially. Only time I'll indulge in other types if someone hands me a shot glass. I do know Kraken was nasty and solely because of that, I never wanna see rum again. Other than that, I rarely even touch alcohol. Bad luck seems to follow me every time I drink. Lol.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah I usually just drink beer socially. Only time I'll indulge in other types if someone hands me a shot glass. I do know Kraken was nasty and solely because of that, I never wanna see rum again. Other than that, I rarely even touch alcohol. Bad luck seems to follow me every time I drink. Lol.
You just gotta go in it with the proper mindset. If you're doing it at a function then yea shits gonna go wrong, always does for me too. If you're chillen being drunk ain't no thang. Alcohol is like a Relationship. Don't bring it to places where its presence is unnecessary to you, and don't bring in baggage.

HiiiLife

You just gotta go in it with the proper mindset. If you're doing it at a function then yea shits gonna go wrong, always does for me too. If you're chillen being drunk ain't no thang. Alcohol is like a Relationship. Don't bring it to places where its presence is unnecessary to you, and don't bring in baggage.

I hear ya. Yeah it is chill when you're in a contained environment with a couple of family members or something. No partying or any of that loud shit because I feel like a lot of people around just drains my energy. That's why I've only hit a club like two or three times in my life. I enjoy being lowkey (lack of a better word). The occasional glass of wine on a date is nice too, well if Gaf Hop is into that. Haha.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I hear ya. Yeah it is chill when you're in a contained environment with a couple of family members or something. No partying or any of that loud shit because I feel like a lot of people around just drains my energy. That's why I've only hit a club like two or three times in my life. I enjoy being lowkey (lack of a better word). The occasional glass of wine on a date is nice too, well if Gaf Hop is into that. Haha.
Come to drunk thread. We welcome all drinkers.

CRS

The Doppelgangaz sent my shipment early including the remastered CDs for Lone Sharks and Beats for Brothels.

Bout to pack a bowl and enjoy.

Kwixotik

The Doppelgangaz sent my shipment early including the remastered CDs for Lone Sharks and Beats for Brothels.

Bout to pack a bowl and enjoy.

Nice. I got Hark on your recommendation a few months ago and it was the shit. Still haven't checked out any of their other stuff.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That guy is winning.

Don't be too impressed. He is either the token gay friend or the lovable mentally handicapped boy, or the ironic ugly friend. Confidence will only get you so far, this isn't a romcom movie, looks do matter.

Esch

Banned
Best drunk is when you're like 5-9 deep and you're chatting up a girl or joking around with a friend and then realize you're a little toasty

sYzfg5Q.png

siddx

Best drunk is when you're like 5-9 deep and you're chatting up a girl or joking around with a friend and then realize you're a little toasty

sYzfg5Q.png

Yup, thats always a good feel. Lately I've been hitting this weird coast where if I pace myself I get right on the verge of blackout drunk but no matter how much I have afterwards I don't seem to tip over that edge. It's both awesome and worrisome.

HiiiLife

After hearing all my homies stories about being cross faded, I feel like I'm missing out. Lol. Their stories reach "The Hangover" tier. Seriously. I'm sure everyone here has stories. The only thing that has happened to me is, blacking out in my own piss in my friends bathroom. And I think my dick was still hanging out from attempting to hit the bowl prior to me passing out. Felt like a terrible friend for doing that, still do. I'm so easy to get guilt tripped man. Especially when I know I fucked up. Smh lol.

Esch

Banned
Yup, thats always a good feel. Lately I've been hitting this weird coast where if I pace myself I get right on the verge of blackout drunk but no matter how much I have afterwards I don't seem to tip over that edge. It's both awesome and worrisome.

Dude, me too man. It's scary. I think it's awesome though, because not blacking out is always a +.

CRS

Remembering everything up to a certain point, blacking out, and waking up somewhere else with no recollection of what just happened is fucked up.

You're goddamn right. I have to expect you to follow in the tradition of our forefathers because enzo can only have gatorade at EVO tourneys.

legal drinking age in canada is 18. enzo will soon be able to buy himself that grey goose and crown royal.

and yeah i know, i'll graduate to scotch. it's a fine drink. but i feel like i'm hanging on to my adolescence by drinking rum, just a little more time.

CRS

I do have a soft spot for Crown Royal though. That and J. Walker is usually always on hand if I'm in the mood for a rare drink.

Esch

Banned
I'm a Knobb Creek, Southern Comfort, or Vodka kind of guy

KC is definitely great, though in that same price range I think i like Woodford and Maker's 46 a little better. I have a special place in my heart (bowels?) for Southern Comfort because I used to pound a handle of 100 proof with my buddies in college as a ritual. Better days, ha. I still won't buy any other SoCo than that black label...

siddx

KC is definitely great, though in that same price range I think i like Woodford and Maker's 46 a little better. I have a special place in my heart (bowels?) for Southern Comfort because I used to pound a handle of 100 proof with my buddies in college as a ritual. Better days, ha. I still won't buy any other SoCo than that black label...

Tried to pick up some 100 proof soco in the Hong Kong airport recently since it's impossible to find here. Sadly flying via a US carrier meant I wasn't allowed to buy any booze from duty free. Motherfuckers.

We have a problem here in nam with fake whiskey though. Distributors make fake (and dangerous) whiskey/bourbons/dark rums to save money and that shit will kill you if you have too much. I've been sticking with higher class bars recently that test their bottles for it.

HiiiLife

I hope you enjoy your first alcoholic drink Jitters. Lol. First time I tried drinking for real was when I was 20, and my older brother passed Hennessy, Grey Goose, Hpnotiq and Budweiser around. I was clearly trying too hard that night. I was hurtin'.

Esch

Banned
Crown and other Canadian shyt is too sweet, no subtlety. Tastes like maple syrup. I realize the hypocrisy of this post as i'm shilling for SoCo above, but man.

Fuck Jack Daniels too. Trash.

CRS

Crown and other Canadian shyt is too sweet, no subtlety. Tastes like maple syrup. I realize the hypocrisy of this post as i'm shilling for SoCo above, but man.

Fuck Jack Daniels too. Trash.

I never drink Crown straight, always for Crown + Coke with a lime wedge. The acidity of the lime cuts down on the Crown's sweetness so it works really well.

I just picked it because thats what Don Draper drinks lol.

Fuck that. Drink an 'Ol Fashioned with rye whiskey then.

cdyhybrid

Jameson is the default for me if I just wanna sip on something. I like to try all kinds of stuff, though. If I'm pregaming a club or something it'll probably be (lots of) vodka.

HiiiLife

I already talked about burritos from Betos, but that is my go to place for hangover food. It's the only thing open past midnight, and I rarely eat McDonalds or any of that shit. Best hangover food ever. Maybe I should broaden my horizons but nothing else is open past midnight.

Edit: Said midnight twice. I'm tired.

So... I have a massive concert/backstage video (raw footage) of Drake at last year's OVO Fest. One of the backstage clip I've seen is him talking to Snoop Dogg (err... Lion) and sucking up to him like no tomorrow. Some hilarious shit.

I don't know if it exists in any DVD or online video or blog form, or who the owner of that video is.

So... I have a massive concert/backstage video (raw footage) of Drake at last year's OVO Fest. One of the backstage clip I've seen is him talking to Snoop Dogg (err... Lion) and sucking up to him like no tomorrow. Some hilarious shit.

I don't know if it exists in any DVD or online video or blog form, or who the owner of that video is.

upload it to youtube (and other video streaming sites that usually don't pull their videos). i'd like to see it.

I was at that concert last year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom