• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Oh shit 50s hard drive is leaking, more like Aftermath is sitting on him because it's his last album and he is trying to get out.

Rooster12

I learned today that ordering Vinyl is a tricky thing.

I ordered Rakim - When I Be On the Mic 12" which arrived today and didn't have the original cover.....fcuck!!

Macca

TBH I had high hopes for Skylar Gray but she just ended up making the same song over and over and bringing the same performance to every song. Sad, I think she's pretty talented.
Yep... pretty sure she must be fucking Em or something, wouldn't be surprised to see her on Yelawolfs next single.

effzee

TBH I had high hopes for Skylar Gray but she just ended up making the same song over and over and bringing the same performance to every song. Sad, I think she's pretty talented.

I do think she is talented. I think she is more of a Lana Del Rey than a straight up pop singer. She hasn't found any mainstream single to get herself some success.

And her collabos with rappers/Alex da Kid all sound the same but that's no fault of hers. They write the hook and ask her to sing. Em also released her album way too late. She was hot about 2-3 years ago and people knew who she was.

Good god the 50 cent song is terrible.

Macca

And her collabos with rappers/Alex da Kid all sound the same but that's no fault of hers. They write the hook and ask her to sing. Em also released her album way too late. She was hot about 2-3 years ago and people knew who she was.
Skylar actually writes a lot of the songs herself, can't really say it's no fault of hers. If she's doing these collabs, it's up to her.

I don't think she was ever "hot" as a singer. She definitely can sing, but I think it's her song writing that gets her on the featured tracks. But I mean, look at her solo songs, nothing has made a dent.

effzee

Skylar actually writes a lot of the songs herself, can't really say it's no fault of hers. If she's doing these collabs, it's up to her.

I don't think she was ever "hot" as a singer. She definitely can sing, but I think it's her song writing that gets her on the featured tracks. But I mean, look at her solo songs, nothing has made a dent.

Hot as in known.

But then again sometimes its so random who gets famous and who doesn't. I don't think she or Em knows how to market her. Not having a legit radio hit doesn't help.

Who was she signed to before the name change?

overcast

So I listened to Do Ya Like by Childish Gambino and it aged terribly for me.

I checked if I still like his EP.. I did. I failed you GAF-Hop.

Macca

Hot as in known.

But then again sometimes its so random who gets famous and who doesn't. I don't think she or Em knows how to market her. Not having a legit radio hit doesn't help.

Who was she signed to before the name change?
Machine Shop Recordings. Mike Shinoda's label. Which also did fuck all with their artists.

overcast

Also, I don't listen to Stay Trippy as much as I thought I would. It slaps, but it kind of wore on me. Still a good album, but I prefer trap lord.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also, I don't listen to Stay Trippy as much as I thought I would. It slaps, but it kind of wore on me. Still a good album, but I prefer trap lord.

Trap Lord is ok... better than expected but ain't doing that much for me

The only problem with Stay Trippy is he stays in one BPM too much...

Still the goods tho

Esch

Banned
Stay Trippy's monotony is definitely gonna dock it some points by the end of the year. Its already kinda samey to me. And BOATS 2 is just better overall, if were going by comparisons among peers...

Esch

Banned
UOENO is a song of the year contender. Dat beat, controversy, catchphrase. I like everything about it minus the obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom