• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Wtf season 2 was really good drama. If anything, a good deal of season 5 was the crappy one

3 and 4 are the best though

Anyways sopranos the GOAT, wire behind it, breaking bad is a few shows behind wire.

It might be good drama, but it's filled with a bunch of characters I gave zero shits about. Basically everyone at the docks can fuck off.

IrishNinja

damn, that artstyle is nice..what game is that?

Whats the point of talking boxing with a bunch of mma gaf rubes on a fight that was predetermined from the get go? I go to boxing specific sites to chop it up.

yeah, there's a few sharp dudes but a lotta that shit was going down...what specific sites you at tho

season 4 is my favorite season of the wire and probably tv in general. I couldn't even look at my tv for a few days after that finale.

^yup, cant argue with this

I really didn't like season 2. I've tried to rewatch it, but it just is so dull compared to the rest. I stopped watching The Wire initially because of that.

eh, you had a few misses (the dock runner's son, his whole storyline was crap) but it's a great window to the overall setup. really felt for Frank when he took that long walk

haha i got bored of breaking bad after that episode with the
plane exploding
or w/e and never finished watching it on Netflix

this is terrible right here man, get back on it - shit's some of the best TV out there

Recon

Banned
kinda weird he doesnt have a tour lined up for the fall afaik

also even tho he put out an album, rocky is kinda having a quiet year. i wonder if hes been silently working or if hes gonna lose some momentum.

He just got done doing a HUGE tour with Wiz.

Esch

Banned
yeah, there's a few sharp dudes but a lotta that shit was going down...what specific sites you at tho
I used to love Eastside before it became a terrible forum as far as moderation goes. These days I go to check hook boxing, a spinoff. I have to say I dont care for the sport, anymore. Its been bullshit for ages now. Luckily there are lots of great classic fights up on YouTube. But posting with 99.99% of gaffers, who dont watch anything but big top rank / gbp PPVs and call Floyd top ten or a goat candidate when theyve never watched a boxing match pre 1969 is a waste of time. Im also sick of the black/mexican/pinoy nationalism in those threads.

CRS

Mad Men suuuuuucks
Nope. This is wrong.

Mad Men is great.

Wire >>> Breaking Bad >= Sopranos > Mad Men

Sopranos gets knocked down a few points for Anthony Jr.. Lydia was annoying at first too but she actually had some importance.

Edit: fixed Ratings. Sopranos is better than Mad Men.

i will take mad men over breaking bad any day of the week.

I agree. I think it has better writing and character drama. And hands down the better female characters, that's no contest.

Also Anthony Jr. gets a bad rap. Yeah he's annoying but he pretty much is the token gaffer on screen. That scene with him laughing in his underwear while he's on a forum and tony soprano is just looking at him with absolute anger and disgust lmao

Breaking bad has the worst side characters out of all mentioned with Marie and skyler. I prefer ziggy from the wire over those two tenfold

And the dock workers were way more interesting than that shitty newspaper stuff in season 5. Last season of wire is just full of disappointment aside from a few street characters

Tokubetsu

I never liked Breaking Bad as much as people seem to but this latest season is pretty lame. The earlier seasons rode this line of goofy with serious drama in between the goofy shit. Now it's all just serious drama all the time and most of it's predictable. On top of that everything is being drawn out. Taking three episodes to do shit you saw coming seven episodes ago. It's boring and stupid but I guess people love staring at Hank and Walt's scowling faces for minutes at a time.

CRS

I don't understand the Ziggy hate at all. Love Ziggy and one of my favorite parts of the series is
the duck with the diamond collar.

Skylar isn't bad at all but the worst in Breaking Bad is Walter Jr.

Yo forreal the airplane is far from the only goofy thing in this series

Also Jesse has been in this fucking state of depression for years now. It wears on you after a while.

The last few episodes have been quite tense though I think. But it has no chance being better than mad men at this point for me, or the gawds (HBO golden era)

overcast

Yo forreal the airplane is far from the only goofy thing in this series

Also Jesse has been in this fucking state of depression for years now. It wears on you after a while.
Yeah, I still think the Airplane was the worst thing in the series. Didn't care for the twins at all.

I never understood complaints about Jesse, makes perfect sense given the character arc. Matter fact, Jesse's character is just terrific throughout the show.

I need to finish The Wire, need to get back on Mad Men, and need to start Sopranos. Sorry bros :\
kinda weird he doesnt have a tour lined up for the fall afaik
I'm praying for a Danny/Q tour given their albums.

Don't get me wrong brah, I'm team Jesse for sure. And it makes sense that he's constantly depressed the longer he's around Walt. But it just gets tiring to see after a while

Breaking Bad has the nail-biting cliffhangers but emotionally it never has meant as much to me as those moments in mad men (carousel in season 1 for example)

IrishNinja

tokus you too

also im okay with CRS' ranking but BB would have to end kinda crappy to match how Sopranos went down its last season, sadly

Sopranos ending episodes underrated. The depth of the characters in those final moments. Damn, almost makes me want them all to live...almost

Anyways watching this x files these days. Scully and Mulder forever.

Esch

Banned
Its a shame. I was hoping for them to drop another classic on us but this is kinda more like a side step. Oh well, they reinvented the horror genre once already. If you're interested in a game that is taking elements from Amnesia and taking it to the next level look up Routine. Giving me some Event Horizon vibes.

HiResDes

Nope. This is wrong.

Mad Men is great.

Wire >>> Breaking Bad >= Sopranos > Mad Men

Sopranos gets knocked down a few points for Anthony Jr.. Lydia was annoying at first too but she actually had some importance.

Edit: fixed Ratings. Sopranos is better than Mad Men.

Boardwalk Empire is probably my favorite real talk.

thabiz

Its a shame. I was hoping for them to drop another classic on us but this is kinda more like a side step. Oh well, they reinvented the horror genre once already. If you're interested in a game that is taking elements from Amnesia and taking it to the next level look up Routine. Giving me some Event Horizon vibes.

when is that routine out? looks cool. also has that system shock vibe.

Deadwood. all day, every day.

CRS

GAF HOP please smiley.

50-cent-crying.jpg

kEtUK0A.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
GAF HOP please smiley.

cant decide if i like the retoning or not. the blown out look adds to a sense of cheapness that I enjoy.

holy shit that CRS photoshop wizardy.

I'm cleaning them up right now. got some nasty shit i should cleaned before hand

untitled-1bss5a.png

CRS

Don't get me wrong brah, I'm team Jesse for sure. And it makes sense that he's constantly depressed the longer he's around Walt. But it just gets tiring to see after a while

Breaking Bad has the nail-biting cliffhangers but emotionally it never has meant as much to me as those moments in mad men (carousel in season 1 for example)

I knew this last cliffhanger was going to happen the moment
Walk put the hit out on Jesse. I will be surprised if Gomey doesn't end up killed, Hank injured, and Jesse okay. This will bring those two together again somehow.
(pretty big spoiler and a little guess of what will happen in today's episode)

Either way, I'm extremely excited for today's episode and Breaking Bad is the only show other than Suits that makes me watch it live.
Sopranos ending episodes underrated. The depth of the characters in those final moments. Damn, almost makes me want them all to live...almost

Anyways watching this x files these days. Scully and Mulder forever.

The second part of season 6 is extremely underrated. Up there with the first season.

Bless both of yall.

†

One more:

YdXxSmG.png
Still has fucked up levels.

Recon

Banned
I never liked Breaking Bad as much as people seem to but this latest season is pretty lame. The earlier seasons rode this line of goofy with serious drama in between the goofy shit. Now it's all just serious drama all the time and most of it's predictable. On top of that everything is being drawn out. Taking three episodes to do shit you saw coming seven episodes ago. It's boring and stupid but I guess people love staring at Hank and Walt's scowling faces for minutes at a time.

I can't agree. First episode of this season they came out swinging and they havnt let up since.

DominoKid

BB:
Hank and Gomez gotta get the chop in like the first 5 mins or else this show is officially pussy. There shouldn't be a way out for them here.

This season been fire so far but this is a critical moment.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
need to say that I derive a very odd pleasure from using my technical art skills that I get paid good money for, but use those same skills to make stupid shit for the internet.

my life sometimes man. i don't get it.

CRS

need to say that I derive a very odd pleasure from using my technical art skills that I get paid good money for, but use those same skills to make stupid shit for the internet.

my life sometimes man. i don't get it.

Every once in a while that pro bono makes your heart warm and fuzzy.

I find making smileys extremely hilarious.

I never finished season 1. I REALLY need to catch up. Does it get better?

Oh and Dexter could have been in the convo but after season 3(4?), that ship crashed, blew up, sunk, and was crushed by the pressure in the dark depths.

Boardwalk is improving dawg. They've been giving awesome characters like Richard harrow and Capone more time to shine

Yeah the brick guy is directing this episode of BB. Apparently the creator of the show said it's the best episode of the entire series too. A lot of hype riding on this one

Tokubetsu

1st season of Boardwalk is the worst so far. It's been getting better each season since. Especially once they got rid of you know who. Season 3 finale one of tv's most satisfying in awhile.

IrishNinja

yeah i agree with Dom on tonight's ep

word? adding this one to my wishlist

Tokubetsu

Friend was telling me reason why Pigs is different is because it's made by the Dear Esther peeps so it's more inline with that stuff. Original Amnesia devs are working on something new.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Friend was telling me reason why Pigs is different is because it's made by the Dear Esther peeps so it's more inline with that stuff. Original Amnesia devs are working on something new.

still not playing/buying pigs. still have the first one. not playing that ether. it just sits in my library, taunting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom