• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

just youtubin' some videos and came across this video

pretty dope, anyone familiar with Snowgoons?

also is the new Beyonce album similar to Drunk in Love, kinda dirty/slutty? I don't really follow pop music, but this is kinda the first time she's doing the "dirty" pop music right? I might have to listen to that album.

Cheddahz

Banned
After listening to Word O.K, I have to say that it's dope

78968-justin-timberlake-jay-Z-dancin-3ao1.gif

T Dollarz

I listened to WORD OK this morning as well, definitely giving that a cosign.

Just listened to Lord Steppington again... the production ranks up there with Alchemist's best projects. Beats like this make me wanna bang my head and BEAT MY FISTS

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just listened to Oxymoron again, front to back, with some time between my last listen... still no.

I feel like he was going for (and missing) the typa vibe Quelle Chris managed to release twice last year.

I'm feeling this quelle chris and yeah i can see where Q tried to copy this dudes style

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's also cool that for once in a very long time, deluxe edition bonus tracks are really just bonus tracks and not extra music to help you in your quest to fix the main album. Haven't heard one of those in a real long time.

overcast

What do you mean by that Wenis? Like they're good, yet aren't truly needed?

I was gonna pick up the CD today, but both of the copies in store were cracked. C'mon.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What do you mean by that Wenis? Like they're good, yet aren't truly needed?

I was gonna pick up the CD today, but both of the copies in store were cracked. C'mon.

Like the album itself is already across the board fantastic that I don't need to be substituting bonus tracks for weAk album cuts. Bonus tracks are just bonus tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sweetsixteens-450x450.jpg

XV - Sweet Sixteens mixtape.

01 The Bait (Bait)
02 Instagrammin’ Pictures (Luv Dem Strippers)
03 Hippie (DJ Richy Exclusive)
04 Dreams, Places & Faces (Never Been)
05 U Happy? (Happy)
06 The Learning Tree (Sing About Me)
07 One Gang (1 Train)
08 Watch Us (Hovi Baby)
09 Real I Am (Way I Am)
10 Another Illusion (Sky’s The Limit)
11 It Can Go Down (Send It Up)
12 Round Me (Pound Cake)
13 Everything Go (G’d Up)
14 All About Me (All About U)
15 Big (Villuminati)
16 L00K (Lookin’ Ass Nigga)

Omzz

lakers is a chill ass song

beat instantly reminded me of one love remix from nas on the anniversary edition of illmatic

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

beat instantly reminded me of one love remix from nas on the anniversary edition of illmatic

Could you tell me who/where that song is from? Your description of it sounds great.

Hey guys, looking for some suggestions for spanish/portugese hip hop or rap.

For example really diggin this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13vNCKnyIes who is Brazilian, would really like some spanish stuff too.

thanks!

Tego Calderon has some lyrics man.

HiResDes

That's pretty much Kurt Vile in a nutshell...It's good, but naw, not my AOTY. He's probably closer to Neil Young than Springsteen though

HiResDes

This Pitchfork Lineup, OMG:

Friday
  • Beck
  • Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks
  • Giorgio Moroder
  • Sun Kil Moon
  • Factory Floor
  • Death Grips
  • The Haxan Cloak
  • Sharon Van Etten
  • Isaiah Rashad
  • Hundred Waters
  • SZA

Saturday
  • Neutral Milk Hotel
  • The Field
  • FKA Twigs
  • St. Vincent
  • Danny Brown
  • Kelela
  • TuneYards
  • The Range
  • Pusha T
  • The Julie Ruin
  • Cloud Nothings
  • Mas Ysa
  • Wild Beasts
  • Circulatory System
  • Empress Of
  • Ka
  • Twin Peaks

Sunday
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • Hudson Mohawke
  • Grimes
  • DJ Rashad & DJ Spinn
  • Slowdive
  • Real Estate
  • Jon Hopkins
  • Schoolboy Q
  • Dum Dum Girls
  • Earl Sweatshirt
  • Majical Cloudz
  • Deafheaven
  • Perfect Pussy
  • DIIV
  • Speedy Ortiz
  • Mutual Benefit

Lakers is dope as fuck but Soulo nearly ruined it. Dude is on that, "I'm so nice I don't really even have to do nothing" shit lately. When's the last time he dropped a verse that wasn't garbage? I used to like him too

Jay Sosa

01 The Bait (Bait)
05 U Happy? (Happy)
07 One Gang (1 Train)
08 Watch Us (Hovi Baby)
09 Real I Am (Way I Am)
12 Round Me (Pound Cake)
15 Big (Villuminati)

woooh

woooh

1BTMaV4.gif

Thanks!

Esch

Banned

01 The Bait (Bait)
05 U Happy? (Happy)
07 One Gang (1 Train)
08 Watch Us (Hovi Baby)
09 Real I Am (Way I Am)
12 Round Me (Pound Cake)
15 Big (Villuminati)
mjlol.png
at XV rapping over the bolded. I might have to download just to hear him fail all over the place.

Esch

Banned
Man I used to be such a big XV fan ;_;7

fuck growing up man
He used to be straight even for the nerd rapping shit you usually go for. This is a strange little freestyle tape though. They're all 1:00+ snippets

dude, these cuts of XV rapping over trap beats are funny as shit. The first line on this tape is about Boosie leaving jail
mjlol.png

XV rapping about carrying them thangs and driving without a license
mjlol.png

It's not all bad though. He did a good job of rapping over Sing About Me, One Train, Sky's the Limit, Pound Cake. And surprisingly, he did a pretty good job of rapping over Hovi Baby, which is kind of a left field weird beat with a lot of layers, I didn't think he had it in him.

Not as good as Kendrick though. This is an interesting freestyle from dude, he sounds more like Jay Rock and his voice sounds so different. Actually makes me wonder if this was pitched or flipped somehow vocal wise.

Omzz

Could you tell me who/where that song is from? Your description of it sounds great.

lakers or one love? im not sure which one so i'll jus say both. lakers is from gibbs and madlib new album

the nas song i was talkin about is from his 10 year anniversary edition of illmatic album. some remixes on there and one love got one. lakers beat sounds like it's from here

Nas - One Love [remix] http://youtu.be/Clwok6AZQk0

This Pitchfork Lineup, OMG:
Friday

• [*]Giorgio Moroder
    [*]Death Grips
    [*]Isaiah Rashad
Saturday

• [*]FKA Twigs
    [*]Danny Brown
    [*]Kelela
    [*]Pusha T
    [*]Wild Beasts
Sunday

• [*]Kendrick Lamar
    [*]Hudson Mohawke
    [*]Grimes
    [*]Real Estate
    [*]Schoolboy Q
    [*]DIIV

Fuck. I'm really tempted to book this shit right now. I'm already going to coachella but I'd really want to see all these people again.

Ka doing Pitchfork? Good for him. Alas I dunno how his music will translate on that setting. I've seen videos of him performing in smaller places and it wasn't bad, the crowd was reciting lyrics.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That's pretty much Kurt Vile in a nutshell...It's good, but naw, not my AOTY. He's probably closer to Neil Young than Springsteen though

Kurt hasn't been a member of TWoD for like half a decade. But they have a somewhat similar sound. Dope album, though.

Esch

Banned
You should check out this old Kendrick freestyle, he sounds the same as in the Hovi freestyle.

This is how you know Kendrick is the real deal. Most rappers these days can't/won't step up and drop some heat in freestyles if they're asked to, and I don't think hosts really ask artists to do that anymore. You aren't a really great rapper to me if you can't at least put down a decent one. I don't even care if it's some prewritten shit really. I don't care if it's super complex or witty, I just think that if rapping is your job you should be good enough at it to hop on a beat and make it work.

This is how you know Kendrick is the real deal. Most rappers these days can't/won't step up and drop some heat in freestyles if they're asked to, and I don't think hosts really ask artists to do that anymore. You aren't a really great rapper to me if you can't at least put down a decent one. I don't even care if it's some prewritten shit really. I don't care if it's super complex or witty, I just think that if rapping is your job you should be good enough at it to hop on a beat and make it work.

But can you be the voice of the culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom