• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is mike dean and why do Peter and Enzo always post about him
Mike Dean is the man who created the Dirty South sound, is pretty much responsible for the Geto Boys' careers and also produced at Death Row for a long time. Check his wiki to see how much shit he's worked on.

More recently, he's worked on Kanye's last few albums + WTT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Between birdman and j prince how does drake make money?
Didn't Drake get one of the best deals of any new artist in the past decade, owning all of his own shit? IIRC Drake's only distributing through Cash Money, his deal proper is through Universal. He doesn't get fucked over like all the other Cash Money minions.

And Jay Prince gets nothing off the top I imagine.

Between birdman and j prince how does drake make money?

2aha9lw.jpg

Detox

Watch the J Prince interview with The Breakfast Club, he is definitely getting a piece of Drake's money. He wasn't exec prod on Take Care and was back for NWTS he must have ran up on Drake.

He also kind of confirmed him and his goons stopped Drake's tour bus and made sure Rap a lot was included in Drake's deal with cash money.

Mike Dean is the man who created the Dirty South sound, is pretty much responsible for the Geto Boys' careers and also produced at Death Row for a long time. Check his wiki to see how much shit he's worked on.

More recently, he's worked on Kanye's last few albums + WTT.
Holy shit this guy has been involved in do much, don't know how I've never heard of him

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit this guy has been involved in do much, don't know how I've never heard of him
This is a good interview with him.

He talks:
- having smoke offs with Snoop
- Pac playing him the Makaveli album with all the shots he took at people before they got removed
- Stealing records from Suge and releasing them
- seeing Suge smack the shit out of engineers
- Kanye's modern intense production process
- Jay having discussions with him about Watch The Throne 2
- The Dogg Pound hiding from Suge at his house
- Him and a coworker (probably Suge) holding guns at each others faces in an argument
- Working with Quik

So yeah, pretty interesting guy, he keeps everything on the DL though, he's not the limelight type. Bonus interview with Freddie Gibbs awkwardly sitting in the back like his weed carrier.

This is a good interview with him.

He talks:
- having smoke offs with Snoop
- Pac playing him the Makaveli album with all the shots he took at people before they got removed
- Stealing records from Suge and releasing them
- seeing Suge smack the shit out of engineers
- Kanye's modern intense production process
- Jay having discussions with him about Watch The Throne 2
- The Dogg Pound hiding from Suge at his house
- Him and a coworker (probably Suge) holding guns at each others faces in an argument
- Working with Quik

So yeah, pretty interesting guy, he keeps everything on the DL though, he's not the limelight type. Bonus interview with Freddie Gibbs awkwardly sitting in the back like his weed carrier.

Good stuff. I remember hearing he might produce some stuff for Gibbs. I hope he's referring to Eastside Slim.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Elton John wants to work with Pharrell or Ye. On the legendary MBDTF sessions:

"You never can knock anybody else's type of music until you try it," John said about working outside his genre. "I could never do a rap record because I wouldn't know where to start. You can learn so much from working with somebody that does. In the studio with Kanye, when I was doing that in Honolulu, he was just on fire. It was amazing to watch. You knew you were in the presence of greatness. I knew once I heard four or five tracks from that in the studio, I knew it was going to be a motherf*cker of a record."

Troy Ave: Critics and real people agree that I had the best rap album of 2013.

Yoooooooooooooo, King Los fucking slayed it on Sway in the Morning... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kecZ9ql0B3c

Goddamnnnnnn
Son went in. I don't even like dude like that, but he tore that shit up.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Jon Connor needs to get his own beats ASAP, but I'm not going to lie, I'm listening to that mixtape nonstop right now. I forgot about this guy after the cypher, but he stole that show too.

Shit, this month has been better than all of last year for music.

Vorheez

Maaan I have no idea why I haven't been able to get into gangsta gibbs, he should be right up my alley

What do you brehs think his pinnacle his? give me a Gibbs track thats a banger where he just goes off. Is his new album worth checkin out?

Cheddahz

Banned
god damn Amazon never shipped the Piniata LP, canceled and reordered from Rappcats, thanks for the tip.

EDIT god damn 10 dollars for usps rappcats? wtf dammit all

I had to do the same damn thing. Why the hell doesn't Amazon actually have any copies of the vinyl in stock? I know that I'm not the only one that did pre-order it

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I had to do the same damn thing. Why the hell doesn't Amazon actually have any copies of the vinyl in stock? I know that I'm not the only one that did pre-order it

All the physical shops I went to on Tueday didn't have it on vinyl.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Toro y Moi needs to do a proper classic west coast production hip.hop album. Dude clearly has it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom