• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies & Gentlemen.. your first power couple in hip-hop
kttcoliyoungsabo

overcast

Lol Toku has had enough of this no image shit. I can see it though.

Oh my god. Pitchforks line up this year is insane. I wish I could make it out there.

overcast

Yeah, I posted a few pages ago that I like the first 5 songs + Kendrick track. I actually don't remember any of them right now. Don't really feel like going through the whole thing. Gonna find one or two keepers and leave it.

it's got a great vibe. not as good a project as pinata for me but still damn. i'm gonna be bumping this yg for the summer for sure.

better than oxymoron and mastermind.

HiResDes

DJ Mustard is a one trick pony, and I really don't think all too great of a producer. 3/4s of the songs sound like edits of the same song. YG is so corny, and the urge to create these hood anthems sounds so choreographed and unimaginative. The attempted concept of the album owes so much to GKMC that it diminishes its potential, and even then the execution is rather pitiful. Many of the tracks sound like singles with skits added on the end of them to create false structure. Now I must admit that the Smokin and Drinkin song with Kendrick Lamar is one of my top ten favorite tracks released this year, but that's one of the few tracks where the beat remains raw and free from the repetitive macro-editing that DJ Mustard seems to put through all of his songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom