• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Yeah, this new Gates is good. I think he finally realized people want to hear his pop (singy half sad shit) side to come out more often. Drake with a street cred.

Wish I Had It
Stop Lyin'
Posed to Be In Love
Keep Fucking With Me
Arm and Hammer
Get On My Level

All great tracks.

Yeah, this new Gates is good. I think he finally realized people want to hear his pop (singy half sad shit) side to come out more often. Drake with a street cred.

Wish I Had It
Stop Lyin'
Posed to Be In Love
Keep Fucking With Me
Arm and Hammer
Get On My Level

All great tracks.
Yeah, I was going to say I don't quite like his street stuff that much on this tape as much as his previous stuff but the 2nd half? So good

Vorheez

Yeah we had snow today, its sweet. Can't wait until we start getting warm. Can't take nothing from you guys though, enjoy that shit!

codhand

To be honest, it worked out for both of them. While Heems' solo stuff isn't as good as Kool A.D's solo stuff, Heems has really improved as an artist as well

Heems had some good solo shit though to be sure, i actually didnt like Das Racist beyond first hearing Pizza Hut Taco Bell, it seemed they were just detached / not-serious, plus im bias against bands that formed at Wesleyan; a rich kid's, drug paradise, of a school.

Esch

Banned
Heems had some good solo shit though to be sure, i actually didnt like Das Racist beyond first hearing Pizza Hut Taco Bell, it seemed they were just detached / not-serious, plus im bias against bands that formed at Wesleyan; a rich kid's, drug paradise, of a school.
Exactly, toku touched on this earlier. These kids went to good schools, have good degrees. Fuck are they wasting their time rapping for? Thats why all they can rap about is off the wall irony shit. Corny.

HiResDes

Exactly, toku touched on this earlier. These kids went to good schools, have good degrees. Fuck are they wasting their time rapping for? Thats why all they can rap about is off the wall irony shit. Corny.

Shut Up Dude was so good....It offered a great down to earth perspective on rap. A couple of funny, chill dudes that were the furthest thing from being gangsters or thugs and yet you can tell they still understood what made it so appealing. They offered a sense of humor and irony rarely found within genre, while being able to emulate classic flows and the braggadocio of the greats.

codhand

watching this Schoolboy x Nardwuar, he's really looking like the late Jim Morrison of our times

images

big ander

About to play lord steppington for the third time in the past 24 hrs. way glad I finally grabbed this.
Shut Up Dude was so good....It offered a great down to earth perspective on rap. A couple of funny, chill dudes that were the furthest thing from being gangsters or thugs and yet you can tell they still understood what made it so appealing. They offered a sense of humor and irony rarely found within genre, while being able to emulate classic flows and the braggadocio of the greats.
Pretty much this. what's explicitly wrong with irony anyway? plus it's way reductive to say their humor is contentless. Dudes actually said a lot about what it means to be brown in the US, particularly within those Wesleyan crowds.

and lol at the idea that if you got a degree you shouldn't rap

I don't see an image.

Also, I absolutely adore "See The Rich Man Play" off Lord Steppington. ALC Da God.

We're witnesses to history, my beige brother.

I wonder how he went about the concept of the song. Usually people rapper about whatever-the-fuck on Alc beats...did he tell the rappers they had a specific gambling concept for the track?

My school's never gotten a rapper to perform here before. They finally got one...

Hoodie Allen

J. Cole performed at my college last year. I was busy with work related shit so I couldn't attend but I really wasn't in a rush, I mean it is J. Cole. Still, it would have been neat to see him live.

big ander

while I was there my college got: Wale, Posner, Atmosphere, Chance, and Karmin. Chance and Karmin were on the same bill and chance flubbed, didn't even stick around to heckle Karmin. Wale was whatever, atmosphere was hilarious to see a bunch of people realize how old dudes are. edit: Oh yeah also Macklemore lol. Didn't go, shitshow.
I don't see an image.

Also, I absolutely adore "See The Rich Man Play" off Lord Steppington. ALC Da God.

top tracks on there for sure, even for me with Just Step and Banging Sound. Also Legendary Mesh's instru is ludicrous.

as much as I love alc as a producer tho, my favorite track is evidence's. Byron G rips

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This new XV EP is kind of middling. There is some really fresh production on here, and he isn't really rapping like before at all, content wise, and his style is fairly different. Still come up rap and won't make you check for him in the future though; most of the songs are him talking about how he's not hot anymore and label pressures when trap came around. He's kind of spitting on a lot of these songs but the delivery/his voice does it a disservice.

but real talk XV spitting over Ether is uncomfortable

"Squarian ether, that's a more fataler dose"

I can't
no

Tokubetsu

while I was there my college got: Wale, Posner, Atmosphere, Chance, and Karmin. Chance and Karmin were on the same bill and chance flubbed, didn't even stick around to heckle Karmin. Wale was whatever, atmosphere was hilarious to see a bunch of people realize how old dudes are. edit: Oh yeah also Macklemore lol. Didn't go, shitshow.

top tracks on there for sure, even for me with Just Step and Banging Sound. Also Legendary Mesh's instru is ludicrous.

as much as I love alc as a producer tho, my favorite track is evidence's. Byron G rips

I love Byron G too. Probably the track I bump a lot solo outside of the album along with Rich Man Play.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You smoke to rich man plays instrumental and let the cloud of kush envelope your face.

This new XV EP is kind of middling. There is some really fresh production on here, and he isn't really rapping like before at all, content wise, and his style is fairly different. Still come up rap and won't make you check for him in the future though; most of the songs are him talking about how he's not hot anymore and label pressures when trap came around. He's kind of spitting on a lot of these songs but the delivery/his voice does it a disservice.

but real talk XV spitting over Ether is uncomfortable

"Squarian ether, that's a more fataler dose"

I can't
no

I think half the tracks released beforehand where the EP idea hadn't even materialized yet. Not surprising there's no consistency. That Ether track was absolutely cringe worthy though.

my best buy didn't have pinata. Also, I was looking through CDs and man, no wonder nobody buys them anymore. YG costs $19. $19 !!!!!

Trip wasn't a total loss though: got an okay deal on windwaker HD and a controller

Cudder

i don't know if I'm late to this or what, but I just watched Beyonce's Drunk in Love video. ho-lee-fuk does she look good.

200.gif

giphy.gif

Esch

Banned
you know what's an L? the biblical cuneiform resolution on that first gif. Reminds me of jagging off to 5 minute limewire clips in the 00s.

vgJames

Banned
Kinda disappointed with the new Cunninlynguists Ft. Aesop Rocky and Sadistik track. It'll probably grow on me, not Kno's best beat and not Deacon or Aesop at the top of their game. Aesop needs very particular beats to work.

codhand

Just listened to Oxymoron again, front to back, with some time between my last listen... still no.

I feel like he was going for (and missing) the typa vibe Quelle Chris managed to release twice last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom