• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wu Block 2 Tracklist

wublock-2-450x450.jpg

1. Cappa Wu Block (ft. Cappadonna)
2. Wu Block Biznez (ft. Ghostface Killah & Sheek Louch)
3. Can’t Be Lookin’ 4 Me (ft. The LOX)
4. Big Money ft. Ghostface Killah & Sheek Louch)
5. Guns On Em (ft. Sheek Louch)
6. Aint’ Coming From Class (ft. Solomon Childs & Sheek Louch)
7. Wanted Dead or Alive (ft. Cappadonna & Solomon Childs)
8. Put Ya Hands Up (ft. Ghostface Killah & Sheek Louch)
9. South Beach (ft. Ghostface Killah & Sheek Louch)
10. Die Tonight (ft. Sheek Louch & Styles P)
11. Auta (ft. Killah Priest, Masta Killa & Ghostface Killah)
12. Drivin’ Round ft. Sheek Louch, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa & GZA)
13. Do U Like It (ft. Ghostface Killah & Sheek Louch)
14. Come Get Some (ft. Ghostface Killah & Sheek Louch)
15. Throw It Up (ft. Sheek Louch)

Awesome, but no Rae or Meth? Disappointing.

Any GAF HOP regulars punk fans? By punk I mean GBH, Subhumans, NOFX, Bad Religion, Rancid, Op Ivy etc.

I'm a big fan of music in general. And yes, I love me some punk music.

Detox

Related to Peter's comments about MKL I don't think it's a coincidence that the album was mixed by Ali. He is putting himself out there as one of the best engineers in the game and I think he has been fantastic thus far with TDE's releases. Those sessions with Dre definitely had an impact.

Related to Peter's comments about MKL I don't think it's a coincidence that the album was mixed by Ali. He is putting himself out there as one of the best engineers in the game and I think he has been fantastic thus far with TDE's releases. Those sessions with Dre definitely had an impact.
Oh wow I didn't it was mixed by Ali. That's absolutely crazy...just thinking back how previous TDE releases sound up to MKL what a progress
Move That Dope (Key Wane Remix)

beat gives it a whole new vibe. Key Wane killing these dark beats.

Key Wane is a producer that should get a little bit more shine. He is pretty awesome.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So i downloaded the two Le$ mixtape from last year and they are amazing. Why do I keep finding gems from last year this year?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You people with this hotlinking garbage. Would it kill y'all to just quick reup to imgur or some shit? I had to quote to see this and it was't worth my time.
These are showing up fine for me, previous link you complained about was too. I don't even get what you're talking about. Are they just not appearing for you in mobile or something?

Also I'd cop a graphic Dipset tee if there was some sort of cool stylized version of the logo.

And speaking of Drake, wtf happened to the Wu-Tang Forever remix? Did the gods run up on him behind the scenes and tell him to kill that noise?
Wu still pretending like they had a 24 hour deadline to finish a fucking remix, and thus couldn't get it done.They're idiots, plain and simple.

The Wu's 2013 should have included doing the remix, doing a documentary (Tarantino is a Wu stan, get him involved), multiple performances on Fallon, a new single w/video, an album, and a world tour. Stupid motherfuckers letting money disappear...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wu still pretending like they had a 24 hour deadline to finish a fucking remix, and thus couldn't get it done.They're idiots, plain and simple.

The Wu's 2013 should have included doing the remix, doing a documentary (Tarantino is a Wu stan, get him involved), multiple performances on Fallon, a new single w/video, an album, and a world tour. Stupid motherfuckers letting money disappear...
Did you read the Grantland article I posted earlier? I was never really a Wu-head but it's an article basically on how the relationships are between them today in depth, and I think Wu fans here would find it interesting. Random excerpt:

U God said:
These days, U-God’s relationships with other members of the Wu are amicable, if stilted: Raekwon is “tired of hanging around me”; Ghostface has been rebuffing his offer for a full-album team-up, called Goldie and Ghost, for years. “Whatever. I don’t care,” he says. “Maybe when I was a little younger, it might’ve bothered me. I felt entitled. Nine egos, nine dudes, nine everybody thinking they the shit. [But] I’m not entitled to nothing but what I put work in for.” RZA and him “go through it,” but “I love this n—-. He saved my fuckin’ life. He gave me a purpose. Nobody better be disrespecting him in front of me.”

Things change. These guys have grown up, and perhaps for some it's not even about the money anymore. Relationships change permanently and these dudes can't look at each other the same anymore. Not really trying to generalize, but really I can imagine when people come from a real place of struggle, they have a hard time trusting people and forgiving people in general, and might take something I might just trade apologies with my bro with and put it in the past, differently as it's disrespecting your whole existence. I see this a lot when Wu members talk about each other.

Tokubetsu

Did you read the Grantland article I posted earlier? I was never really a Wu-head but it's an article basically on how the relationships are between them today in depth, and I think Wu fans here would find it interesting. Random excerpt:

Things change. These guys have grown up, and perhaps for some it's not even about the money anymore. Relationships change permanently and these dudes can't look at each other the same anymore. Not really trying to generalize, but really I can imagine when people come from a real place of struggle, they have a hard time trusting people and forgiving people in general, and might take something I might just trade apologies with my bro with and put it in the past, differently as it's disrespecting your whole existence. I see this a lot when Wu members talk about each other.

I never read it but a rap writer I follow on twitter was pimping it. Saying how he more than anything respected the writer for doing it because he knows the kinda shit you have to go through to get wu interviews. Recalling waiting and hour and half for dudes like Inspectah Deck just no-show you anyway.

DominoKid

oh wow i didn't realize that dude interviewed the whole clan. all that wasn't on there when i read it. or maybe i read a different Wu article on Grantland.

edit: i think i've seen the same J. Cole hit piece on about 4 or 5 different forums tonight lol.

mooooose

soulja boy had a dope relevant song in 2013/2014 wow and featured on the migos tape big year for him

edit - damn jay z went in and sonned drake....

Esch

Banned
It's a funny song in general. Jay rapping about problack 5%er shit (probably feeling all the pressure from people saying he should), taking shots at Drake. Jay Electronica liberally copying the Migos flow also on some pro black shit, on a track produced by some other cat that soulja boy nabbed. It's pretty cool though. Jay E should be on WTT2 or whatever next project Hov is on, because I guess him and Ross motivate him.

i8iGTJj83LeQB.gif

Esch

Banned
That jayz thread over in ot is going to get heated.

We can't be surprised. First off the song content itself is primarily about two black men in high social and financial positions showing off some racial pride, second off GAF has plenty of Drake stans and rippity rap limp wrist nerds who have a lot of hate in their heart for Hov. It'll be entertaining for sure.

Courage

Did this all start with Versace? I remember reading the triplet flow actually originated by some other rappers during the 90s.

HiResDes

Did this all start with Versace? I remember reading the triplet flow actually originated by some other rappers during the 90s.
Probably, but the way Quavo stresses his punchlines is pretty unique and people are biting him down to his rapping tonality. It's kinda crazy how fast people are okay with swagger jacking these days. Migos and Young Thug haven't even been in the limelight for a year and they already have carbon copies like Lil Silk.

Esch

Banned

It's the way they punctuate those triplets. Nothing in rap is original on the mic nowadays but this flow jack is a clear trend that a lot of people are trying to get on.

DominoKid

Deeper on Pinata cracks me the fuck up. I wish Danny Brown wasn't on High.

it probably did originate earlier but the Migos made it hot in it's current incarnation.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah I'm sort of confused why this is being labelled the Migos flow in general. Wasn't novel to me with Versace, though I can't quite pinpoint where to started.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's the way they punctuate those triplets. Nothing in rap is original on the mic nowadays but this flow jack is a clear trend that a lot of people are trying to get on.

This.

Migos brought it back to life. My memory might be off, but did people bite flows so fast back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom