• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hey guys, im really aggressive with my comments.
duty_calls.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Man that thread is just the cats pajamas. I made that post before I went to see Grand Budapest Hotel (it was awesome, see immediately) and then it blew up into a Stan war. Sad to see so many delusional Elec jock riders.

Man that thread is just the cats pajamas. I made that post before I went to see Grand Budapest Hotel (it was awesome, see immediately) and then it blew up into a Stan war. Sad to see so many delusional Elec jock riders.

You sound like you had a preorder down on Act 2 and they never let you have your money back

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You sound like you had a preorder down on Act 2 and they never let you have your money back
Pretty much. Pointing that out doesn't make someone a delusional stan, but I guess it's easy to slap that label on people you disagree with.

I'll say it again, it's silly to trash an artist for choosing not to put out work. The reason for it (laziness, lack of inspiration, etc) isn't really relevant, he's free to live his life in his own way. Again, he doesn't owe anyone shit. Just comes off to me as typical blind internet vitriol.

"My niggas take no like Kobe." Classic album lol.

Man, DOOM was unstoppable in 2003/2004. Vaudeville Villian, Madvillainy, and Mm...Food all within about a 12 month period.

mooooose

Honestly, i'm a little sad moooose kinda accepted the verse as a sonning because I was ready for a couple classic paragraphs of some crazy stanning.

being fair, drake made we made it a cool song instead of just a freestyle with a cool beat

he also had more convincing bravado and its a fun record

but yeah jay sonned him tho

its not a big deal tho and tbh idk why jay and drake and ye and weezy all have tension when they all make music together frequently

Esch

Banned
being fair, drake made we made it a cool song instead of just a freestyle with a cool beat

its not a big deal tho and tbh idk why jay and drake and ye and weezy all have tension when they all make music together frequently

nothing new. Jay and X made music together and there was tension between them since the 90s. Kendrick and Drake made music together, etc. It's just what happens when people are vying for supremacy in a competitive field

YG probably moved 45k first week lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I would hardly say any of those make music together frequently. Probably the most frequent is Wayne and Drake and even that sort of has subsided recently because both of them are inbetween albums.

I don't think it's real tension. People like fanning flames and gassing shit. Throughout Drake's entire career people have been saying Wayne and him are on the rocks, same with Ye and Jay during WTT. Sometimes people are just independent, and people overanalyze shit. Was kind of surprised when the Ye/Drake thing was real though, I still think there's more to Ye catching feelings (either way it's pretty SMH-worthy if it was just over a clearly humorous comment on Tim Westwood or that contributed)..

I love Doom, but he's not underrated. Probably the most acclaimed independent rap artist ever.

Yup. Was properly rated as amazing up to and including Madvillainy. Operation Doomsday, Take Me To Your Leader, Vaudeville Villain, his beat comps...fuck that was good run.

Everything after that is overrated as hell though. Don't know how dudes are still putting up with his shenanigans and giving him money/love.

yes sir. the budgie disc is madness. so smooth and funky.

Yup. I went in hesitant since I wasn't familiar with him. But it's a gauntlet of sounds, from smooth shit to some really rocking stuff. And of course the Alchemist disk is...well, Alchemist. Dope.

If you liked the intro to Sanctified from Ross' album you need to check this out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man still this tape came on in my car and I gotta say it might be my favorite beat tape since Eric Dingus' Subliminal Innocence

https://soundcloud.com/1812922/it-hurts-2-inhale

...I can also upload the split tracks if ya'll interested. It's a free download, so should be kosher.

If you get a chance I'll have to take you up on this offer. The mix as a whole is great but I'd love to mix a few individual tracks into a playlist. Specifically I want that last track, so fuckin good.

Squalor

Jay Z's best verse in ages.

I hope this turns into something. I would love for a back-and-forth between them for a little while.

Meanwhile, Kanye is sad because his black buddies are mad at each other.
He spends way too much time worrying about what other people wear.

It's as simple as that. People in general spend too much time worrying about what other people are doing. It's a shame, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom