• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn. seems like LA got some shit going on.

all i really want to do is cut a mullet and drive up and down the sunset strip listening to maiden and drinking shitty beers. but i guess that went out of style a long time ago.

One more thing, it's not rap but it is hip hop: Trippy Turtle got added to Wave Racer's show @ King King on 04/06. Takes it from being good to being fucking killer. Trippy has super good sets. Tickets still available as of right now, but I'm not 100% sure on their door policy. Should be $17.50 w/fees.

Ohnonono

Damn, no one's talking about dat new Kevin Gates. Finally listened, and shittt its fucking AWESOME.

Whew.

I am a pretty huge Gates fan. Sometimes he gets a bit... strange... but when he goes hard it sounds like truth. MYB, 4:30am, Homicide are all favorites. Gates also effortlessly makes non-shit hooks. I feel like anyone trying to get a Drake hook should just fucking pay Gates and not only do you get an awesome hook but its not from a bitch.

Edit: This Gibbs feels fucking timeless btw.

Bjqa0NVIgAAo04i.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'd go purely to say I went, but if someone actually catches me saying Im genuinely lookin forward to a Wu record the world must be ending and hell is freezing over.

I get the idea o the album, and it's cool, in theory. I just think it should be massed released later too. Also it's no surprise RZA is doing this, remember when he had this idea for a painting and it was a limited release?

4b93b414.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Music Cartel announces they're going to start a distribution venture. This is pretty fascinating, I hope it picks up steam.

Today we are announcing a new joint venture between the New Music Cartel and EMPIRE Distribution. We’ve played by those old dusty rules for too long, now we want to make a few of our own. The first release from our new imprint will be Styles P’s Phatom And The Ghost LP, due out April 29th. As a born-and-raised Yonkers native, I am extremly proud to be working with, in my opinion, the greatest MC my hometown has ever produced. Styles, more than countless other rappers from his graduating class has shown time and again that he is built for this digital age and he’s not intimidated by it in the least. He has embraced the internet and as a result he enjoys a fruitful and fulfilling career well into his second decade in the game. When we explained our vision, he got it immediately, and so I have to salute the OG.

We hope to give opportunities to worthy artists with fair deals and zero bullshit. There’s no middle man here to tell us what we can and can’t do. There’s literally one guy I have to call to make shit happen that’s exactly what we intend to do. We’ll be revealing more details about our undertaking in the near future, in the meantime, I’d suggest you get up on that pre-order.

More at the link.

!llmind - Narcotic Nautilus. Tough as hell.

De La Soul x J. Dilla - Smell The Da.I.S.Y. tape.

vgJames

Banned
CunninLynguists fighting the leak by dropping the album of the year early for name your price (free).

God love 'em. Kind of them to do it in time for my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom