• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

So why aren't they doing the Spotify/iTunes stream thing anyways?

And it's not like 99% of leaks don't get a FLAC or 320kbps within an hour of coming out, hardly something to be worried about.

EDIT: Asher Roth - Fast Life. Kinda dope.

They are on iTunes, not sure about Spotify. think they do the bandcamp thing first so they get more profit. I'm cool with that.

I know this was a while back and all but FUCK THIS WAS AWFUL.

How can someone be this bad. Like I would believe 100% that this was a hoax if someone told me. I'm going to listen to all of this just to experience it.

LA rap gods, any shows i should check out the next few days? my guess is no, just thought id check.

Young Fathers at Low End 04/02, that show should have a surprise guest too. Freddie and Madlib as mentioned, tickets are sold out but Echoplex/Echo sell tickets at the door. Just get there maybe an hour, hour and a half early. Q added another Observatory show 04/01. Odesza 04/03 at Echoplex if that's your thing...but I heard kind of mixed things about them live. That's mostly what's coming up on my radar until Coachella, hip hop wise.

If you missed Cashmere Cat last week, you fucked up.

Edit -- Checked, Nocando release party got moved to 04/02 with Young Fathers.

Esch

Banned
I'm genuinely curious if this "pilot" song is inspired by Curren$y.

The beat and even some of the video imagery reminds me of Spitta. It's called Pilot for fuck's sake.

But the content is lyrically more like modern Jay.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I know this was a while back and all but FUCK THIS WAS AWFUL.

How can someone be this bad. Like I would believe 100% that this was a hoax if someone told me. I'm going to listen to all of this just to experience it.

Really? I liked it. Are you not into the whole Suicideyear/Yung Gud/Yung Sherman etc scene? It's on par with a lot of that stuff in my opinion.

coldvein

Banned
damn. seems like LA got some shit going on.

all i really want to do is cut a mullet and drive up and down the sunset strip listening to maiden and drinking shitty beers. but i guess that went out of style a long time ago.

CRS

So why aren't they doing the Spotify/iTunes stream thing anyways?

And it's not like 99% of leaks don't get a FLAC or 320kbps within an hour of coming out, hardly something to be worried about.

EDIT: Asher Roth - Fast Life. Kinda dope.

Asher Roth's RetroHash tracklist:

1. Parties at the Disco (Feat. ZZ Ward)
2. Dude (Feat. Curren$y)
3. Tangerine Girl
4. Pull It
5. Something for Nothing (Feat. Coyle Girelli)
6. Fast Life (Feat. Vic Mensa)
7. Last of the Flohicans (Feat. Major Myjah)
8. Be Right (Feat. Major Myjah)
9. Pot of Gold
10. Keep Smoking (Feat. Chuck Inglish)

RJT

They are on iTunes, not sure about Spotify. think they do the bandcamp thing first so they get more profit. I'm cool with that.

They are on Spotify (this release not yet, but will probably be there April 1st). Tonedef has said on the podcast that Spotify pays very little, though, and that Bandcamp is the best way to support QN5 artists.

HiResDes

L'Orange said:
A man fell in love. Then the world was destroyed by an ever-growing nothing in the sky.

Here at Mello Music Group, we are proud to present The Orchid Days, the newest project from L'Orange. Coming April 8th, The Orchid Days will feature Homeboy Sandman, Blu, Jeremiah Jae, Billy Woods, Erica Lane and a special appearence by Fallout 3 personality Erik Todd Dellums.

ILvoI0RrpY1vtAaHnpp0b3E6AyX5YiiH27e4ILBc9PbRPX2C-PLf1EGtXzUKsKHMbuqzrXMT6fjD9cSpbQ1iD7ndndNx0EvBS_wFSKcnoAalCQmQ=s0-d-e1-ft

SINGLE: L'Orange - Need You feat. Blu

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
chance and sza are both alright in this but the beat is boring to me. mainly cause I've been playing that xxyyxx song for 2 years and the use of it here is basic as shit.

SZA's babylon is good though.
I like the beat, but it is pretty old. At least it's not as creepy anymore without the roofie shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just gave the Mustard SXSW set a shot.. what the fuck? This isn't even DJing. He's just cutting between songs. Dude got signed to Roc Nation as an artist for this? wat, the way he was talking on Hot97 was like he's been heavy in the DJ circuit for a while as that's what he primarily does.

On that topic, anyone got good hip-hop DJ sets they can link? Bonus points if there's video.

Have you seen the Let it Go video? It is so ridiculous!
Early video of the year contender.

Just watched a few minutes of the Mustard set lol. Dude was basically running DJ Plug.

I watched Prince Paul, Peanut Butter Wolf, and Madlib at sxsw, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom