• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wayne's new thang.
kttcoliehh

you can see her soul seeping from around her eyes.

you can see her soul seeping from around her eyes.
Hasn't he had like 15-20 root canals? I bet his breath smells horrible. Shit must be unbearable for her, seeing his Beetlejuice Buckwheat ass on top of her.

Let's not forget Wayne said he doesn't fuck with dark black women and only fucks with redbones or other races. Dark chicks deal with so much shit, makes me want to cop a flashlight and find one out chea to love. Beauty is beauty, brehs.

I don't understand why they aren't bigger. Granted they're underground but they should be more popular in the underground. Kno is probably crying about the leak right now.

Cudder

I don't understand why they aren't bigger. Granted they're underground but they should be more popular in the underground. Kno is probably crying about the leak right now.

Probably not, it sucks people are hearing it sooner than they intended, but they're giving away the album for free for the first 24 hours anyway. They've always been good with that kinda thing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
was it getting retail? inside their circle leak sucks. at least if it was some rando you can't be too mad, shit happens, but inside your circle of friends and cohorts would burn.

CRS

Do large music publications get paid by the record label just to review the album in question? I thought I read a Kno tweet where he mentioned about not paying thousands of dollars just to get their music reviewed.

Regardless of the score it gets, getting your album/name out there is good promotion so it makes sense that there's some sort of payment involved.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do large music publications get paid by the record label just to review the album in question? I thought I read a Kno tweet where he mentioned about not paying thousands of dollars just to get their music reviewed.

Regardless of the score it gets, getting your album/name out there is good promotion so it makes sense that there's some sort of payment involved.
Probably not majors. Large publications worry more about maintaining their audiences and consistency than getting bribed by some small cheque from a small label/independent. And of course if they don't review big artist's music, they're the ones that end up losing. Doesn't make sense financially and I don't think it's the case in any other medium for the same reason.

Promo material is just extra, and has its own weird subculture I don't understand.

Furyous

Hot 97's reality show just aired yesterday. I liked it and thought it repped the brand.
The OG's Flex and Angie weren't having it. Ciph and Rosenberg on they comedy shit. Flex has a team of interns tweeting 27 times in a 20 minute span. The General Manager is cute as are some of the interns and Miss Info. Kanye went Yeezus on Ebro.
This show made me realize Ebro needs to stay in power because we need someone to blame.

Cerity

RE: CL leak, they ran a comp for feature spots and it was down to community votes. Inbetween all the mc's and their managers the album could have leaked anywhere.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hot 97's reality show just aired yesterday. I liked it and thought it repped the brand.
The OG's Flex and Angie weren't having it. Ciph and Rosenberg on they comedy shit. Flex has a team of interns tweeting 27 times in a 20 minute span. The General Manager is cute as are some of the interns and Miss Info. Kanye went Yeezus on Ebro.
This show made me realize Ebro needs to stay in power because we need someone to blame.

so is it finally official? Hot 97 more about the personalities on the air than the music...

mobb deep leak is incomplete. missing 4 tracks. fucking banging so far. Check the Credits is sick.

Something must have gotten changed because the actual retail copies of the album only have 13 songs.

Maybe they'll be itunes bonus tracks? I can show you a picture of the actual CD 1 with only 13 tracks listed.

Its an ok song, but id rather hear spitta over that beat than curly woodface.

Honestly it's horrible to me. The hook sounds so weak to me, like some Hook 101 shit. It sounds a placeholder or something written for someone else. And the verse...Tom Ford? Swag flow? Nah...

It just doesn't bump at all, and as you said sounds like it would be a dope mellow Spitta song (with no chorus of course).

I don't really think the song is awful, its just not really great.

The First three comments...smh
Blacc Jedi • 16 hours ago
This #AnimalAmbition project is gonna do numbers

Rumando • 11 hours ago
OMG HE KILLED THIS TRACK!

David Richards • 15 hours ago
He just killed that track flow is crazy.

coldvein

Banned
Industry leaders in glassware often used in chemistry and cookware. Rappers often reference it as quality equipment for home crack cooks, example being the song Pyrex Vision on Cuban Linx II. Now Pyrex/Pyrex Vision also refers to a corny clothing brand for hypebeasts whose existence should have ended in the form of a pearl necklace their mothers received from their fathers.

example of the lameness of rap right here

people used to make crack in it!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly it's horrible to me. The hook sounds so weak to me, like some Hook 101 shit. It sounds a placeholder or something written for someone else. And the verse...Tom Ford? Swag flow? Nah...

It just doesn't bump at all, and as you said sounds like it would be a dope mellow Spitta song (with no chorus of course).
The hook sounds very "typical" 50 hook, which is also one of his biggest strengths as an artist incidentally.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
seanc-lv-louddreams1-450x450.jpg

Sean C & LV - Loud Dreams Vol.1 download & stream. Tracklist:
01. Intro
02. Tomorrow May Never Come (ft. Styles P, ASAP 12vvy and Charlie RED)
03. Live for Today (ft Jadakiss, Fabolous, Bun B, Rob Zoe and Anthony King)
04. Get My Money Up (ft. Bun B, Tree, J Ivy and 100s)
05. Bus Stop (ft. Busta Rhymes)
06. HolDaFukUp (Real N*gga Intermission) (ft. Al Doe)
07. Hand in My Pocket (ft. Pusha T and ASAP Ferg)
08. Where's Your Leader (ft. Prodigy, Bun B, Remy Banks and Charlie RED)
09. Light Fantastic (ft. Keon Bryce and J Ivy)
10. Loved Ones (ft. Angela Hunte and Charlie RED)
11. Break Fruit (ft. Raekwon)
12. Burn It Down (ft. Devin the Dude, Asher Roth, Smoke DZA and Hypnotic Brass)
13. Look at Us (ft. Dom Kennedy, Big K.R.I.T. and Smoke DZA)
14. Outro

50 Cent - Pilot video.

Chance The Rapper - Home Studio (Prod. by Social Experiment). This is okay. Fun and funky.

Cudder

Kno on the leak.

LEO SAID:
I am wondering how it leaked already though? And don’t worry, I will buy the album.

KNO SAID:
European pressing plant employees, both times (this and Oneirology)—I can tell by the UPC. That’s what happens when you have distribution vs. doing it all yourself. Someone probably puts a copy in their pocket before the lot are shipped off to stores, takes it home and rips it.

DURAG SAID:
Thats a shame, must be frustrating when you have put so much time and effort into a new release like this only to have some nobody steal it and rip to the internet for everyone to steal. Ive only listened to one of the released tracks, i’m waiting until i get the bundle in the post in Mat to listen, wanna be like a child on christmas

KNO SAID:
End of the day it’s gonna leak regardless, I just prefer it to be on our terms…not some shitty ripping group that’s going to put up some bullshit 192k 80MB rip with pops & missing tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom