• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

iegeKIH99ALPp.gif

Me too. How was that Chance track?

I need to restart twin peaks, and I'm catching Cap 2 tonight. You see it Disco? I tend to talk comic movies with you,.

I'm watching it tomorrow. Twin Peaks is dat fire in season 1. 2 is stacked with so much bullshit though (Nadine gets hit on the head and wakes up thinking she's a cheerleader in high school, and develops super strength....)

But the last few episodes are really good too

overcast

Avengers was good, but definitely overrated. Iron Man is still my favorite of the Marvel crop. I hope Days of Future Past is X2 good, but that is unrealistic.

Have you tried watching avengers again lately? It's boring as fuck until they hit New York and start fighting

Loki's like a power rangers villain

I'm hyped as fuck for xmen tho, and I'm hearing really good things about this captain America. Anyways time to listen to this lil herb ppl keep talking about

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all fools. Avengers is such a great accomplishment when it comes to adapting comics to fill the big screen without bringing all of the drag from comic book stories or losing all of the fun either. Feige + Whedon executed the impossible. Movie is pretty much perfect from how they handled S.H.I.E.L.D. to the actual getting together of the team. I can't even imagine the film being done better. Well, maybe if they made the Chitauri look a bit cooler.

I want to believe in Singer, but TBH DofP looks like a cluster fuck. Also damn near 90% of those Empire covers looked atrocious.

Courage

I know nothing about Marvel comics and how well they executed SHIELD or whatever, but Avengers was indeed a mediocre movie.

There were a few decent setpieces, but everything felt so convenient and safe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Avengers is okay, but Whedon in general is garbage. And although everyone loves to hate on Snyder 300 and The Watchmen.
I want to like Snyder because 300 and Watchmen are fantastic, but I really can't give him any props beyond some of the DBZ fighting in Man of Steel, which didn't fit the film, but in itself was pretty cool.

I haven't seen anything else from Whedon.

300 was tight. Watchmen was just the comic which wasnt bad, I'd just rather read the comic, although the movie ending was sorta stupid.
Well, they couldn't do the comic ending or people would be up in arms because they'd only take it at face value. I thought it was fitting.

Just give me a good venom movie and I'm cool. Don't give a fuck about the rest of the raggedy ass superhero movies.

I mean I like them but a venom movie would have me like release day buying a ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom