• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Damn, I heard they did Where I'm From (top 5 Jay track) and that blended version of Dead Presidents II they like to perform live. They really should come together and make a real proper DPIV the next time one of them makes a record.

joeuZS3LFjVqu.png

They should do a Nas & Jay Z album and let Diddy executive produce.....

Nas lost on every single collab they've done so far

yeshrug.png

I'm not trying to see this though, because all their collabs pretty much aren't good except Black Republican and Dead Presidents (which isn't really a collab)

lol @ you not counting Success, where Nas clearly "won."

I thought he had a better verse on MCHG too, but then again both verses were meh

HiResDes

Dez do you have any other mix's to listen to other than PVXZ on soundcloud.

I've been listening to that for the past two years and wanted to see if you got anything else...
I didn't think anyone was feeling it, I wanna make a Metro Zu mix, but never had motivation.

Cheddahz

Banned
I've been listening to the YG album more lately and I'm liking it more than I did when it first came out (though I wish it came out during the summer, since it's a summer type of album)

Esch

Banned
Damn, that back and forth version of Where I'm From is powerful

edit: lol @ Nas shouting out Ty Ty during Dead Presidents

Grzi

During the It Ain't Hard To Tell performance, there was some R&B singing added, a sample or a singer, anyone know what that was? It sounded kinda dope but I can't figure it out.

For a second I thought it was Green Lantern singing, but it can't be him... right?

Edit: Oh shit, that's a Michael Jackson sample, damn :D

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I've been listening to the YG album more lately and I'm liking it more than I did when it first came out (though I wish it came out during the summer, since it's a summer type of album)

March was better than all of 2013 for music. Connor, Gibbs, YG, Ross...all fantastic albums. I'm bouncing between them all and they all good

beanman25

Anyone else going to see Danny Brown in Columbia on the 27th? I finally got someone to go with me, so I'll be there.

What does he perform on this tour? XXX and Old stuff? Any specific verses?

I've never been to a hip-hop show before, and I'm stoked.

That Nas set was great. I'm surprised he didn't do If I Ruled The World. Kinda wonder if he asked Beyonce if she wanted to sing it and she declined.

Courage

It's been growing on me too. DJ Mustard has some real bangers on there.

HiResDes

Anyone else going to see Danny Brown in Columbia on the 27th? I finally got someone to go with me, so I'll be there.

Going to see him for the second time tonight actually in about five hours, last time he did both old and new stuff mostly from XXX and after though...All hype tracks, was wonderful.

beanman25

Going to see him for the second time tonight actually in about five hours, last time he did both old and new stuff mostly from XXX and after though...All hype tracks, was wonderful.

So awesome to hear. Looking really forward to the show.

Assuming I should bring ear plugs, yes? haha. Any that work best for concerts and don't ruin the sound?

You are in for something truly special my friend.

He does XXX and Old stuff yes, as well as one off tracks like Blueberry. From my memory he performed in no particular order:

Monopoly; 25 Bucks; Dip; Dope Song; I Will; Blunt After Blunt; Smokin and Drinkin; Break it; Handstand; Dope Fiend Rental; Kush Coma; Lie4; Blueberry; Molly Ringwald

take ecstasy
dont do drugs

HiResDes

Assuming I should bring ear plugs, yes? haha. Any that work best for concerts and don't ruin the sound?

I don't bring them, but might be a good idea, my hearing isn't too bad and I've been nearly front row at shows.

PlayDat

Why would you do this? I don't know what your hearing is like, but if you're especially sensitive to loud noises then sure I guess. I've seen him live thrice and it's been a great show each time.

The last time I went (Wednesday) I was with a friend who had been to rap shows before, but at the much larger stadium type venues. She really wasn't prepared to be pushed around like we were. I'm assuming other kinds of shows can draw rowdy crowds though so this might not be too much of a surprise.

Esch

Banned
Wear plugs. Our generation gonna be deaf as fuck because of shows and the loudness wars. Hopefully we get Ghost in the Shell cyber ears and shit. I turned down the volume on all my shit heavy.

Esch

Banned
In olden times, sometimes emperors, kings and generals would assume the clothes and mannerisms of a commoner to observe the people and visit places they might not have been able to see with a full entourage.

Hov reading Tolstoy now?
banderas.png

overcast

Wear plugs. Our generation gonna be deaf as fuck because of shows and the loudness wars. Hopefully we get Ghost in the Shell cyber ears and shit. I turned down the volume on all my shit heavy.
Danny isn't too bad, but yeah. I've never worn them and I should start if I keep going to concerts.

How many concerts have you guys been to total? I've been to 11 so far (about), I've gone to 9 of those in less than a year (thank God my ex dumped me), and met 2 gaffers.

beanman25

You are in for something truly special my friend.

He does XXX and Old stuff yes, as well as one off tracks like Blueberry. From my memory he performed in no particular order:

Monopoly; 25 Bucks; Dip; Dope Song; I Will; Blunt After Blunt; Smokin and Drinkin; Break it; Handstand; Dope Fiend Rental; Kush Coma; Lie4; Blueberry; Molly Ringwald

take ecstasy
dont do drugs

Consider me so pumped then. Really excited to see how much the place is rocking.

I don't bring them, but might be a good idea, my hearing isn't too bad and I've been nearly front row at shows.

Why would you do this? I don't know what your hearing is like, but if you're especially sensitive to loud noises then sure I guess. I've seen him live thrice and it's been a great show each time.

The last time I went (Wednesday) I was with a friend who had been to rap shows before, but at the much larger stadium type venues. She really wasn't prepared to be pushed around like we were. I'm assuming other kinds of shows can draw rowdy crowds though so this might not be too much of a surprise.

I'm probably going to wear them assuming there is a pair that doesn't dilute the quality much. We are going to Monday Night Raw the next night, so I'll be pretty dead after these 2 days.

Excited to be bumped around some too! The energy level sounds like it'll be off the charts.

lol brehs I went to the dollar store today to pick up some soap and snacks, walked in the door behind a pawg; she wasn't all that but was wearing some tight black yoga pants and a hoodie: ie the ultimate DTF costume. I'm minding my business just getting my items when I see some brolic Deebo looking black dude eying me. I play it cool and go down the snack aisle to get my favorite bacon cheddar chips, then he walks by the aisle staring at me, like he's sizing me up; not in an aggressive manner, moreso like he's playing a game or something.

Finally I get my items and head to the check out counter, and I see the pawg is in line; she turns around for a second and smiles at me, I give her a black man nod. Naturally I head to her line when the Deebo dude comes out of nowhere and cuts in front, so he can stand behind her. Then this corny motherfucker starts doing leg stretches, trying to make her turn around and look at him. He starts cracking his knuckles and neck and she turns around and gives him a rather neutral unimpressed look. I couldn't see his face but I could see his soul slowly depart from his body.

I'm not going to fight or try to impress some random chick at the fucking dollar store breh. fuckouttahere

lol brehs I went to the dollar store today to pick up some soap and snacks, walked in the door behind a pawg; she wasn't all that but was wearing some tight black yoga pants and a hoodie: ie the ultimate DTF costume. I'm minding my business just getting my items when I see some brolic Deebo looking black dude eying me. I play it cool and go down the snack aisle to get my favorite bacon cheddar chips, then he walks by the aisle staring at me, like he's sizing me up; not in an aggressive manner, moreso like he's playing a game or something.

Finally I get my items and head to the check out counter, and I see the pawg is in line; she turns around for a second and smiles at me, I give her a black man nod. Naturally I head to her line when the Deebo dude comes out of nowhere and cuts in front, so he can stand behind her. Then this corny motherfucker starts doing leg stretches, trying to make her turn around and look at him. He starts cracking his knuckles and neck and she turns around and gives him a rather neutral unimpressed look. I couldn't see his face but I could see his soul slowly depart from his body.

I'm not going to fight or try to impress some random chick at the fucking dollar store breh. fuckouttahere

troll.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom