• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I bought Iron Flag day one brehs. I bumped it until my friend put his hand on my shoulder, and was like, "I understand man, but this is terrible."

That's one of the lowest moments of my Hip-Hop life.

I bought Iron Flag day one brehs. I bumped it until my friend put his hand on my shoulder, and was like, "I understand man, but this is terrible."

That's one of the lowest moments of my Hip-Hop life.

Hahaha, I got one better. I tried bumping Wu-Massacre

But that was when this single was supposed to be on it. But when the album came out they cut Raekwon's verse, and Ghost's first verse...so the song was massive ehh. The Album art was amazing. I have it as a poster.

Meth, Ghost, Rae - Criminology 2.5

Facts, but I think he's a Kendrick stan, not a TDE stan. He supports Q by strong association. He's also an Alchemist stan, in ways. He goes gaga over anyone who works with Alc.

I don't expect to see him fawning over Isaiah Rashad, SZA, etc.

But like any savvy radio man/stan, he bigs the homies up to get extra access to the big homey. I remember when he sonned Q back in the day, ambushing him about Hands On The Wheel; he only did it because Q wasn't big nor did he know him. But since then he's been all on Q's dick.

Cudder

Retweeted by ScHoolboy Q
Deaf Daniel ‏@DanDahJumpMan 10m
@ScHoolBoyQ when a fuck nigga say oxymoron sucks pic.twitter.com/jSmIeSxqBo

BlyRX-RCAAAIXwV.jpg
Q stans

No Said Date is amazing.

That RZA interview was dope. I disagree with Rosenberg tho: I'd rather have a Wu album with outside production. Wu is bigger than one person, and the sound can be recreated by different producers as long as the atmosphere is correct.

Shit is embarrassing, especially in light of how well the Illmatic 20th anniversary went.

PBY

Banned
No Said Date is amazing.

That RZA interview was dope. I disagree with Rosenberg tho: I'd rather have a Wu album with outside production. Wu is bigger than one person, and the sound can be recreated by different producers as long as the atmosphere is correct.

Shit is embarrassing, especially in light of how well the Illmatic 20th anniversary went.
^this. That RZA soundtrack has outside beats and was the best wu thing in a while

The most noteworthy thing in this entire video is that RZA got in the studio with Chance.

The rest is just as you expect. RZA giving these dudes free contract releases, keeping his brothers relevant and they're too busy penny pinching. Some interesting tidbits about the business end of things if you're into that.
I thought the outside producer thing was interesting. Make me reconsider what rae did.

PlayDat

But like any savvy radio man/stan, he bigs the homies up to get extra access to the big homey. I remember when he sonned Q back in the day, ambushing him about Hands On The Wheel; he only did it because Q wasn't big nor did he know him. But since then he's been all on Q's dick.

I didn't know who Rosenberg was before that interview. Left a horrible first impression. That plus the Minaj thing kept me from ever really being able to respect him.

Does Hot97 have anyone who's worth a damn these days?

Courage

I didn't know who Rosenberg was before that interview. Left a horrible first impression. That plus the Minaj thing kept me from ever really being able to respect him.

Does Hot97 have anyone who's worth a damn these days?

I still fuck with Funkmaster Flex.

Tokubetsu

I like Oxymoron
I like Honest
I like Gucci x Thugger
I still haven't listened to MCHG

If you wanna know what my head is like...

overcast

Shit I still like Oxymoron. Doesn't make it one of my favorites of the year though. Has about 4-5 of my favorite tracks of the year though.

Still better than YG and Ross out of the not-so-great crop of mainstream releases this year!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mike Dean back on Pensado's Place. Pensado is, as far as I can tell, a veteran engineer in the industry. This is basically an audiophile podcast. Starts about 19 mins in. Things discussed:

- Sonic minimalism in Yeezus
- Yeezus tour preparation/improvisation
- He's working on Scarface' new album
- Recording guitar on Hold My Liquor
- Scoring films, licensing some songs he did with Gibbs and King Chip for the film
- How long mixing various Jay and Ye songs take
- Influence of his classical training on early Scarface work
- Working in hotel acoustics/avoiding leaks

Not much Kanye stuff because they covered it on the last time he was on the show, but yeah.

And yeah Oxymoron is still good. Not bad, mediocre or great, but good.

Tokubetsu

Shit I still like Oxymoron. Doesn't make it one of my favorites of the year though. Has about 4-5 of my favorite tracks of the year though.

Still better than YG and Ross out of the not-so-great crop of mainstream releases this year!

I like YG's album just as much.

Courage

Nah breh, MKL >>> Oxymoron

Although Oxy has a few tracks that grew on me, like Los Awesome and Blind Threats.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

It's alright. I do think the next Mob album will be a step up, with Ferg proving to be legit and Nast showing some potential. Some of these guys will be weed carriers for life but the ones with talent have made progress in the past two years.

Mike Dean back on Pensado's Place. Pensado is, as far as I can tell, a veteran engineer in the industry. This is basically an audiophile podcast. Starts about 19 mins in. Things discussed:

- Sonic minimalism in Yeezus

- Yeezus tour preparation/improvisation
- He's working on Scarface' new album
- Recording guitar on Hold My Liquor
- Scoring films, licensing some songs he did with Gibbs and King Chip for the film
- How long mixing various Jay and Ye songs take
- Influence of his classical training on early Scarface work
- Working in hotel acoustics/avoiding leaks

Not much Kanye stuff because they covered it on the last time he was on the show, but yeah.

And yeah Oxymoron is still good. Not bad, mediocre or great, but good.

they're just blatantly trolling Esch now lol.

Good to see Scarface is getting love. I feel he has the catalog to eat decently off touring, and could release a noteworthy album with the right production. And he has made good contacts over the years and kept his name out there thanks to Khaled, Ross, etc.

I feel like Gibbs should ride out Pinata, continue to build, and then release another major project. I'd imagine that DJ Fresh project will feature boring trap beats.

He has gained a decent amount of new fans due to the Madlib connection. Time to go farther, like release the album he did with Alchemist in the fall as his followup.

I feel like Gibbs should ride out Pinata, continue to build, and then release another major project. I'd imagine that DJ Fresh project will feature boring trap beats.

He has gained a decent amount of new fans due to the Madlib connection. Time to go farther, like release the album he did with Alchemist in the fall as his followup.

I'm a bit surprised. He said he was working on a mixtape and decided to forego it in favor of working Eastside Slim so he could release that later this year.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna see him and Tech N9ne live on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom