• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Gibbs is going down in history as the dude who put out the most albums without ever selling a real record. Some kind of special balsa plaque for that with the ceremony being held at Canibus's apartment with Jin doing the opening
Damn this shit got me laughing out loud at work

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Gibbs is going down in history as the dude who put out the most albums without ever selling a real record. Some kind of special balsa plaque for that with the ceremony being held at Canibus's apartment with Jin doing the opening
I dunno man. He did have a track on sleeping dogs. That's gotta count for something.

Tokubetsu

Rare photo of WanderingWind:
suvNT9X.jpg

codhand

big body bes interview

I’ve had to hem a couple dudes out because you’ve got these male groupie types that want to come around like, “Yo, I want to smoke weed and grab a Red Bull.” I'm like yo, my man, go fuck yourself. Go kiss your uncle on the cheek. I don’t want to see that type of shit around me man.

PlayDat

Esch

Banned
Looks like my hiphop present from my dad came in. Ol boy got me some EU package rerelease of Jay's first 3 here. Pretty cool since I only own Reasonable Doubt out of these three. Must have remembered the one time I played TBA in the car when we were driving to visit family down south. There's some shit on here i've never heard before.

Can't Knock the Hustle (Fool's Paradise Remix ft. Melissa Morgan
Wishing On a Star (D Influence Remix)
Wishing on a Star (Trackmasters Remix)

Probably gonna throw on Vol.1 right now.

PBY

Banned
Damn this Asher Roth album goessssss

THESE SUMMER JAMZ

so nice, wish he was still popular so some of these tracks would see radio time.

Yall should really give it a spin.

Kwixotik

I hope Freddie Gibbs doesn't get shot in Detroit

Big Body Bes is a truly confusing person. It must be hard to interview him lol. I really can't figure him out at all, even reading that interview.

Esch

Banned
That's fucking awesome and I'd play volume one first too, dat imaginary player.
Right as I read this that song came on. GOAT brag shit talk song. I recently learned this was a Ma$e diss too.

"Those aint Rolex diamonds, the fuck you done to that?"
troll.png

I hope Freddie Gibbs doesn't get shot in Detroit

Big Body Bes is a truly confusing person. It must be hard to interview him lol. I really can't figure him out at all, even reading that interview.
Hes a pretty straight forward guy imo. He likes food, pussy, and weed in that order. He doesnt really have much else to him.

big ander

Yea Bes shouldn't baffle anyone, looks like he really is a simple, simple dude. in those videos where Bronson eats at nice restaurants or whatever and Bes is with him, guy just seems...kinda empty. only talks about how they're out there and how he's all about being a boss, is consistently slow on the uptake and very obviously can't follow what action and some chef or some producer are talking about. Some people don't have much to them, and bes is one of them.

Honest grew on me second listen, though My Momma through Never Satisfied and Special and Blood, Sweat, Tears are all still skippable. Look Ahead and T-Shirt crush, I Be U and Benz Friends and Side Effects are cool.

codhand

Bes is clearly a multifaceted individual. you cant just box him in with your "weed carrier" stereotypes. face it, he's out chea, and you, well, you're just over there.

Yo, I’m backstage, you know? I’m drinking, I’m smoking, I might be fucking something, I might just be doing push ups off the fucking coffee table for no reason. It is what it is. I gotta express myself. I gotta express my body.

Tokubetsu

Yea Bes shouldn't baffle anyone, looks like he really is a simple, simple dude. in those videos where Bronson eats at nice restaurants or whatever and Bes is with him, guy just seems...kinda empty. only talks about how they're out there and how he's all about being a boss, is consistently slow on the uptake and very obviously can't follow what action and some chef or some producer are talking about. Some people don't have much to them, and bes is one of them.

Honest grew on me second listen, though My Momma through Never Satisfied and Special and Blood, Sweat, Tears are all still skippable. Look Ahead and T-Shirt crush, I Be U and Benz Friends and Side Effects are cool.

Give BLood,Sweat Tears another shot.

"He refuses to clothe his legs, man. You always catch him with a nice low top sneaker. It’s all about that ankle exposure."

Kwixotik

I dunno, maybe I'm giving Bes too much credit. I just don't know if he's self-aware or what. He's confusing to me in the way that Riff Raff is confusing. Does he seriously think he's gonna put out a mixtape? Have we even heard him rap?

Is Well-Done any good? I never see anybody talk about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I dunno, maybe I'm giving Bes too much credit. I just don't know if he's self-aware or what. He's confusing to me in the way that Riff Raff is confusing. Does he seriously think he's gonna put out a mixtape? Have we even heard him rap?

Is Well-Done any good? I never see anybody talk about it.
Well-Done is his best work. Perfect mix of flow, good production and charm. Every other one of his projects is inconsistent in one of the three areas.

overcast

Those (father) pick ups are great Esch, damn.

Also, as an Albanian, I can guarantee Bes drops the n-word. East coast Albanians are obnoxious with the way they talk. More foreign than the Californian Albanians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom